test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Special Juan

7. N'Golo Kante

Started by Special Juan,

737 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Adnane said:

So you don't buy that not eating nor drinking for 16 hours a day can't impact your performance on a hot sunny day in a Cup final against top opposition ?

There isn't much I can add to emphasize it really.

It really does affect you badly. It is actually detrimental for you health to not drink regularly. The body can store energy for 16 hours. Actually intermittent fasting of solid food can be beneficial but depriving yourself of water, esp as an athlete is like bullet to the head. What relevance to your religion does fasting even have? Such a bullshit thing to do. Some bonkers pedophile medieval Hitler's crackpot idea and a billion people shall harm their health? Btw do Muslims in Norway die of thirst because the sun never sets there in summer?

Luckily the 9th month of that funny calendar always coincides with off-season. Otherwise I would be strongly against signing players who submit to brainless nutrition rules. We also do not sign alcoholics even though the effect of alcohol on your body is quite similar to fasting liquid.  

Robguima likes this

Whether players / people should or shouldn't fast is another debate, everyone is entitled to follow their own personal convictions. 

It doesn't always fall in the off-season, it's a rotating system as it is based on lunar calendar, moving back 12 days every year.

Basically, in 2021-2022 top muslim players will be fasting during February-March-April.

On 29/05/2017 at 1:29 PM, Adnane said:

So you don't buy that not eating nor drinking for 16 hours a day can't impact your performance on a hot sunny day in a Cup final against top opposition ?

There isn't much I can add to emphasize it really.

Adnane,

Do I remember correctly that some fasting athletes have, in the past, been given special dispensation to consume water? It's a vague recollection, so I may be way off beam.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Adnane,

Do I remember correctly that some fasting athletes have, in the past, been given special dispensation to consume water? It's a vague recollection, so I may be way off beam.

No, not really. If you intend to fast then you must do so from dawn till dusk without consuming anything no matter what your profession is.

On 29/05/2017 at 4:03 PM, Adnane said:

Whether players / people should or shouldn't fast is another debate, everyone is entitled to follow their own personal convictions.

Their legal convictions, yes.

1 minute ago, Mufassir08 said:

No, not really. If you intend to fast then you must do so from dawn till dusk without consuming anything no matter what your profession is.

Thank you.

Yes, you actually can eat that day and fast it later since religion takes into account that some people can't fast in such conditions.

But in the end of the day it's a personal choice and more often than not muslim guys prefer to fast. 

3 hours ago, Adnane said:

Yes, you actually can eat that day and fast it later since religion takes into account that some people can't fast in such conditions.

But in the end of the day it's a personal choice and more often than not muslim guys prefer to fast. 

Ah, I see. Thank you.

The criticism his lad is recieving on here is baffling to say the least. Although he has looked a little lost in the pre-season games (along side Fabregas who looks like an extra from The Walking Dead at times). He was instrumental in our winning of the title last season. To call for his head and exclude him from the lineup for the coming season is ridiculous. Kante is all about business. Alongside Bakayoko, I believe we will all be creaming our knickers come December. 

King11Didier likes this

I like how people expect Kante to do all the work. What about we take him out of that midfield, because Fabregas with anyone is going to get overpowered. 

Chelsea? and killer1257 like this

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

He said they are very good players but not world class, that is definitely debatable argument. As hot takes and controversial statements go that is very mild.

I personally find it much more ridiculous if you can't tolarate any opinion that doesn't see Kante and Azpi as world class.

Am talking about been overrated if not for kante or Dave last season no EPL title that is fact.

Still think Kante has a lot to learn, having only played in the confines of the PL for the entirety of last 2 seasons. Not yet to the level of a Makelele or a Michael Essien.

I think he has had difficulty against top notch opposition before., especially when playing for France against Spain..and of course now he has to face big teams from Europe.

Still, he has time on his side..and of course being partnered with someone energetic like Bakayoko would be very helpful. Plus, excellent work ethic. He has all the tools needed to make his role in midfield more successful. 

Johnnyeye and DH1988 like this

45 minutes ago, Stats said:

I think he is overrated in a sense. That is not taking anything away that he had a brilliant season but sometimes I feel the media exaggerate any tackle he does, but he lacks other qualities. He has improved his range of passing but still feel he is vulnerable against larger players and teams who press us. He does not take control of matches to. He don't have that Verratti style to him. His best assets are his stamina and reading of the game however whereas a team like United have Pogba who was not brilliant last season, I feel once he gets in his stride, he will take United to the next level. Don't think Kante will because he don't possess those technical qualities so agree in a sense.

Genuine question, who is your favourite midfielder at the moment?

13 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Genuine question, who is your favourite midfielder at the moment?

At the club or in general?

If at the club, mixed. Kante for his stamina and work rate. Passing, Fabregas but think I will come to love Bagayoko.

If you are asking me who I think the best midfielder in the league is, I don't think it is Kante and not Matic too :D

43 minutes ago, Stats said:

At the club or in general?

If at the club, mixed. Kante for his stamina and work rate. Passing, Fabregas but think I will come to love Bagayoko.

If you are asking me who I think the best midfielder in the league is, I don't think it is Kante and not Matic too :D

I meant in general, out of everyone. 

Hopefully Bakayoko hits the ground running. God knows we need him too.