Liverpool v Chelsea

Jase

I fear our dodgy defence will be seriously exposed against pool. Ivanovich will be ripped to shreds if he plays out wide, better suited as a DC, but a mediocre one at that, Aspi, for all his effort still always has a slip-up in him this season. He seems to fall asleep and gets caught out. Cahill, without Terry is bang average at best. And who will fill the last position? Mikel (Oh God, please  noooo!!) or our young Yank import. This lot don't fill me with confidence. And Baba ain't no worldie either. Just don't see him as a long term prospect at full back.

Even if we score 2 I can see them score 3.

Get this season over ASAP please...I can't take any more pain!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can forget this ? Oh to have the likes of Drogs, Maka, Lamps, Ricky, Big Pete, Ballack again. Even Kalou looks light years better than some of the present encumbents.

Liverpool TV and 18 minutes long. What a fucking game and great memories.

Back then our team had a soul. Nowadays it's the opposite and I am not even half as much sad when we would lose a big game, because I cannot really feel with our current crop of players.

33 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Back then our team had a soul. Nowadays it's the opposite and I am not even half as much sad when we would lose a big game, because I cannot really feel with our current crop of players.

Know what you mean, soul is the right word -that team beating Liverpool in the CL semi look like they would run through walls for the club

Know what you mean, soul is the right word -that team beating Liverpool in the CL semi look like they would run through walls for the club

I can't even imagine the likes of Oscar and so on doing the same for us.

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Who can forget this ? Oh to have the likes of Drogs, Maka, Lamps, Ricky, Big Pete, Ballack again. Even Kalou looks light years better than some of the present encumbents.

Where's that 3-1 win under Hiddink? That was such a glorious night, which was followed up with the mad 4-4 draw!

On 5/7/2016 at 1:02 PM, Tomo said:

Liverpool have two sides, the one that looks very good like the team against City and Villarreal, or the team that look really bad, and when I say bad, I mean even worse than us. At The Bridge they were just as bad as us the only difference between the two sides was that Coutinho had his one in ten.

If the good Liverpool show up it will be a long night, but if the crap version that blew 2 goal leads to Sunderland and Newcastle do we can win even if we play crap.

Coutinho has been superb this season, forget that 1 in 10 crap please.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Where's that 3-1 win under Hiddink? That was such a glorious night, which was followed up with the mad 4-4 draw!

Lord Iva with a doublé (2 goals with the head) back to the days.

9 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Who are the people commenting may I ask? Sounding absolutely dejected when Drogba opens the scoring and squealing in delight when Torres equalized...

EDIT: Oh, just saw its Liverpool TV. nvm :P

1 hour ago, Blue Gino said:

Hiddink hinted at the same unmotivated lineup yet again vs Liverpool and said he owed it to the two remaining opponents not to field a lineup made up of youth. ?

Really said that? Tomori, Abraham, Palmer are training with first team this week and weren't featured in match yesterday, I hope maybe for small cameo from one of them

Good to see us play some counter attack away football and keep it tight at the back just like the good old days lol.Give Ruben Pato Traore Kennedy some fun!

18 hours ago, Kieran. said:

Coutinho has been superb this season, forget that 1 in 10 crap please.

Ok maybe 1 in 10 is harsh, but it doesn't change the fact he is a wildly inconsistent player who looks dreadful on an off day, and I use to say exactly the same about Joe Cole back in the day.

I remember a Liverpool game (think it might have been Blackburn last season) he was awful, lost the ball cheaply constant times in ways Ramires would Have been proud, had about three shots that nearly left that stadium, but scored a good goal at the end and got MOTM and a media wankfest.

I don't deny that on song he is a very special player, but his consistency lacks a lot.

Fair treatment:Hiddink

Guus Hiddink says he expects a difficult encounter against a team who possess skill and strength when we take on Liverpool at Anfield tomorrow.

The Dutchman conducted his penultimate pre-match press conference this afternoon at Cobham and discussed the game on Merseyside, as well as various other topics.

The first of those focused on John Terry, with Hiddink asked about the captain’s mood this week following his sending off at Sunderland, which rules him out of our final two games.

‘He has been training in recent days and of course when he came on the pitch, after being sent off, it’s not the most beautiful face,’ Hiddink said.

‘But in training he started to lift his morale and trained okay. Of course not being there in the last two games is a blow for him and for us.

‘It’s always good to have key players on board so it’s a big pity. Especially for the home crowd and for the champions Leicester who are visiting us.

‘When I make a judgement on how he plays, his fitness and age, then he’s able to play and continue. Where? That’s up to the club. It’s not for me to make declarations on that.’

Sunday’s visit of Leicester City will be Hiddink’s final fixture in charge of the team, and he explained the reason why he will not be passing on any player-related handover reports to incoming boss Antonio Conte.

‘His assistants are watching videos and live games, but because I want to have fair treatment directly for the players I’m not going to give judgement,’ he said.

‘I didn’t want information when I started, everyone has his view, right or wrong. On top of that, they are clever and experienced enough to make their own judgements.’

Having booked a place in the Europa League final Liverpool go into tomorrow’s game high on confidence, and Hiddink praised Jurgen Klopp for the work he has done since taking charge.

‘It’s a very energetic team which Klopp has formed,’ said the Blues boss. ‘They can be very resilient; they were down against Dortmund and made it up in the last second. They have a skilful team but also a strong team.’

As the subject of the press conference returned to Terry, Hiddink said he believes whatever happens in the near future the defender has all the attributes required to succeed as a coach.

‘The other day we were sitting next to each other at Bournemouth and we discussed it a bit,’ the Blues boss recalled.

‘Those players, and I have experienced it in the past with Gullit, Rijkaard and Koeman, start thinking about what they should do next.

‘They love to be involved in football. John’s always been a leader and tactically you can rely on him, which is important. You can use your experience to help any player or team.’

chelseafc.com

Team news of sorts...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/10/gus-hiddink-chelsea-john-terry-future

Terry is not the only Chelsea player to have played his last game of the season. Diego Costa is nursing a hamstring injury which will rule him out of the games against Liverpool and Leicester, and Branislav Ivanovic is still suffering from the groin problem that forced him from the field at Sunderland. The FA Youth Cup winners Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori have travelled with the squad to Merseyside.

Pedro Rodríguez will be fit to feature but only having spent Monday in Milan as the latest member of the side to require a protective mask after the Spaniard broke his nose over the weekend in what Hiddink termed “an accident at his home”. Thibaut Courtois is also expected to play, with the Belgium goalkeeper to hold further talks with Conte before Euro 2016 to discuss his future, with no offer having emerged from Real Madrid.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Kasey Palmer has travelled too. Would be good to see Abraham and Palmer get minutes in one of the final 2 games. Especially as Costa is out, we should be giving minutes to players like Abraham if these are the ones considered 'the future'.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

Kasey Palmer has travelled too. Would be good to see Abraham and Palmer get minutes in one of the final 2 games. Especially as Costa is out, we should be giving minutes to players like Abraham if these are the ones considered 'the future'.

Our defence has not been great but now that Ivanovic is out along with the Terry, we could be in for a really really really long night.