Liverpool v Chelsea

Jase

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

We had the same results or worse against those two teams flirting with relegation, we have lost against Swansea as well. However, we have hardly shown the fight the Liverpool players have had (45 minutes against Spurs?) during most of their recent matches, players that, on paper, are worse than ours.
I'd rather look closer to home and acknowledge our own faults than hope for Liverpool to show their weak side.
The game at the Bridge, when Klopp was appointed just from a few weeks, they were as bad as us, agreed, and yet they won, that alone doesn't bode well.
In summer we'll see what happens, but if for some misfortune they manage to get to the CL, that, and Klopp combined, could be indeed devastating if they decide to sign the right players. I'd rather acknowledge it now than open my eyes to a crude reality.
I don't like Liverpool one bit, but I rate Klopp too highly to just ignore what they can do with him at the helm.

Of course we've been rubbish, but that doesn't hide from the fact that Liverpool also regularly have shockers that are every bit as bad as what we have produced most of the season.

Believe me I'm under no illusions about the problems with us, but if the awful Liverpool show up Wednesday then we have every chance of getting some points, like I alluded to earlier, the only difference in that game at The Bridge was Coutinho, if say both teams are crap Wednesday but this time Hazard brings his A game (which he always seems to do at Anfield) and Coutinho is kept quiet, then that could swing the pendulum in our favour.

And of course what you've said could happen in the summer might actually happen, but he can't make any signings ready for this game.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Guus! Play the yuuf and take the moral high ground before the game starts! Not trying to watch Chelsea get the smack-down with Cesc/Hazard/Willian starting. 

The 'Pool will most likely play some youth with the Europa final a week away, then again, maybe we see the first team since they can rest them Sunday. Who knows, either way, I have seen enough of Courtois, Mikel, Ivanovic, Mikel, Oscar and Matic this season. Give Willian and Costa a rest. Mix in Hazard and Pedro with Traore, RLC, Kenedy, Baba and Begovic.

Match means little, and is an exhibition for the most part at this point. Play the second team and let's see what happens.

Come on you Chelsea!!

45 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You have to respect a man who understands what's important to his club's fans. They want this match, he's going to try to give it to them. That's all good.

Good for them..shite for us.cant see us winning unless something crazy happens.We can't beat Sunderland..they're on a unbeaten home run..be nice to win but nah can see 2 in a row...again! Many times this season is so

Hard to believe a match at Anfield has most of us kind of like, "yawn", ho hum. Just shows how rotten a season it has been I suppose We are all ready for Summer and Conte to get to acquiring and releasing.

This "ho hum" feeling has me thinking. What was our best, most exciting victory of the year? One that got you up out of your seat at the match or in front of the TV screaming when the final whistle blew? Was there one? I think it has to be our 0-1 win at Emirates over Arsenal on January 24th. Honestly, the draw with Spurs 2-2 at the Bridge was the best I have felt about the team all year on May 2nd. The January 16th last minute goal by JT (even if offsides, who cares) to draw with Everton 3-3 at home was a terrific finish. Plus, there was that 1-5 win over MK Dons in the FA Cup in late January (lol). Pretty sad, little list actually.

Oh, well, the season will "officially" be over soon.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Who can forget this ? Oh to have the likes of Drogs, Maka, Lamps, Ricky, Big Pete, Ballack again. Even Kalou looks light years better than some of the present encumbents.

Liverpool TV and 18 minutes long. What a fucking game and great memories.

Ticket Sales #CFCvsLiverpool

Ticket sales to our game at Liverpool will stop at 12 noon tomorrow (Tuesday 10 May). 

Liverpool
Barclays Premier League
Wednesday 11 May
Kick-off 8pm
Loyalty Points 1

Any tickets purchased from now on will need to be collected from Anfield on the evening of the game.

Season ticket holders and members can purchase up to three tickets per person. 

chelseafc.com