• Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Courtois
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Kenedy (sub)

Excellent last 25-30 minutes. Less said about the rest of the game the better.

Thought Fabregas was hustled way too easily off the ball - not sure how we can go forward with a playmaker who can't keep the ball under pressure.

And Costa had one of his tragic games where he looks like he's playing in boots 5 sizes to big for him. His technique is the definition of sloppy.

Oh, and something to ponder: we haven't missed Terry at all. Like not even a little bit.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Costa, Kenedy, and Ivanovic were our best players overall today; Fabregas was generally good, but sometimes sloppy; Willian was completely anonymous in the first-half, but very good in the second; Hazard was.... alright(ish). Baba had a bit of a nightmare, on the other hand, and I thought that Mikel and Azpilicueta were both fairly poor.

Great to finally get two PL wins in a row, great to get our first win from a losing position of the season, and great to do so without even having played brilliantly.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

I bet Guus did. Kennedy on the other hand must have been delighted JT was absent. He got 45 minutes because of it.

Of course Gus does; if he could play the same 11 every minute of every game for the rest of eternity, he would.

Awesome second half. Thought we were in full control final 30 minutes. It was just a question if our forwards could break down their 22 men behind the ball and get in.

Thought our guys kept hustling and played as if they cared more. Costa was a little off but you can't question his desire. 

Felt bad for Baba, but was a bad mistake. Thought Courtois could have gotten to it if he had not hesitated.

Kenedy is a good LB option in my opinion. Hope Pedro is back soon.

Ivanovic! Huge goal my man. Good to see him coming back into form in all phases.

Nice win you Blues!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Winning scruffy happens, this was a fantastic comeback in all ways. We didn't play well, a lot of players can be a lot better, but what's apparent is how we dug in and ground this out.

I can enjoy my Saturday evening and I love it when we get wins like this.

7 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

You know, for how much Southampton get praised for their beautiful football, they were proper dirty cunts today and just kept hoofing it.

Van dijk is a diving cunt. 

This.

And they somehow managed to have 2 of the most incredibly irritating strikers in Long and Austin.