Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

I think he fits the requirements of what we need at the moment. Versatile player with a lot of movement who doesn't necessarily need a big chance to score a goal. Worked with the coach before so that's a bonus. It remains to be seen what our plans for the summer are, keep higuain or chase someone younger like Werner.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I think he fits the requirements of what we need at the moment. Versatile player with a lot of movement who doesn't necessarily need a big chance to score a goal. Worked with the coach before so that's a bonus. It remains to be seen what our plans for the summer are, keep higuain or chase someone younger like Werner.

Possibly both, depending on what we do with Bats and Giroud.

1 hour ago, mccg said:

MERSE DOUBTS HIGUAIN PL PEDIGREE

Paul Merson has questioned Gonzalo Higuain’s pedigree to play in a key role in the Premier League ahead of his proposed move to Chelsea.

“I'm not sure on him," Merson said. "He was a great player but looks below his best of late.

“He hasn't pulled up trees for a while and now he's coming to the hardest league in the world.

"He won't have any time to adapt either as he needs to hit the ground running as Chelsea need someone to play as their focal point.

"I'd rather someone that has played in the Premier League before and knows what this league demands."

My concerns also...Sarri has nobody to blame if this goes pete tong 

It's a loan. 

Not much to lose. 

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sarri can't complain and tbf - contrary to conte - he never does. He got his Jorginho and HIguain, he got the best ball-playing gk in the world with Kepa + he gets to have Hazard,Pedro, Kante and his beloved Alonso to accompany this. What is a bit mindboggling to me  is to see which lengths the board goes to give a modest manager what he wants but refused to do the same for cheque-book managers like Mourinho and to an extent Conte. Maybe it was not even his results but his behaviour that got Conte the sack. Shame would have loved to see a really good manager backed as much as Sarri is backed now. Could have made us CL competitors again.

Your comments make 0 sense. I am not sure what you are talking about. Under Mou we signed tons of player, we signed Cesc, Luis, costa, salah, etc. In his last season he wanted a young CB, we tried stones but he was too expensive at that moment. 

With Conte, he got bakayoko, Kante, Luiz and Alonso and Morata is signed because he clashed with Diego. 

With Sarri, Jorginho is the only real purchase . Kovacic and Higuain is on loan. Since, Courtois wanted to leave we need a gk. Please don't say buying a new gk means backing Sarri. Sarri wanted Courtois to stay.

Furthermore, what is the difference between Higuain signing to Giroud signing under Conte? 

Furthermore, what is the difference between Higuain signing to Giroud signing under Conte? 

He's a level or two above. Arsenal reserve to someone that scored 36 in a league season & played for Real Madrid and Juve.

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Paul Merson has questioned Gonzalo Higuain’s pedigree to play in a key role in the Premier League ahead of his proposed move to Chelsea.

“I'm not sure on him," Merson said. "He was a great player but looks below his best of late.

“He hasn't pulled up trees for a while and now he's coming to the hardest league in the world.

"He won't have any time to adapt either as he needs to hit the ground running as Chelsea need someone to play as their focal point.

"I'd rather someone that has played in the Premier League before and knows what this league demands."

That's eased my worries a bit, usually when Merson makes a prediction the opposite happens.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sarri can't complain and tbf - contrary to conte - he never does. He got his Jorginho and HIguain, he got the best ball-playing gk in the world with Kepa + he gets to have Hazard,Pedro, Kante and his beloved Alonso to accompany this. What is a bit mindboggling to me  is to see which lengths the board goes to give a modest manager what he wants but refused to do the same for cheque-book managers like Mourinho and to an extent Conte. Maybe it was not even his results but his behaviour that got Conte the sack. Shame would have loved to see a really good manager backed as much as Sarri is backed now. Could have made us CL competitors again.

one great difference between conte and sarri is that conte wanted to win titles, so he complained for the market. and he wasn't backed up by the board when his rough methods of work were criticized by the players 

sarri wants to build a winning squad in 2-3 years so he doesn't complain about the market, and he puts no extra-field rules so that players are happy

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Why am I not surprised that came out from Paul Merson? :doh: 

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

But we play the worst football of the top 6. All possession no end product. Can easily see us finish outside top 4 if I'm honest

Arsenal and United can't defend, we would have to implode spectacularly to finish below either let alone both.

3 hours ago, mccg said:

Paul Merson has questioned Gonzalo Higuain’s pedigree

To put it bluntly I think Mersons a bit of a twat!

5 hours ago, It's too big said:

. Tried for Koulibaly, couldn't get him.

But we could have got him tho mate/ We just wouldn't stump up the extra £5mill to get him!!

Just as we wanted another £5mill on top of the £65mill Barca offered us for Willian in the summer.