The Mourinho Thread

We need to give all best from is each match in season no matter is a PL or a CL. Only that Coc looks poor but a trophy is a trophy.

sometimes( more so now than in the past) its just not possible to substain an attack on all fronts.

Mourinho would like some sort of winter break and help with fixtures before CL matches like other Euro leagues.

sometimes( more so now than in the past) its just not possible to substain an attack on all fronts.

Mourinho would like some sort of winter break and help with fixtures before CL matches like other Euro leagues.

It's definitely not possible for us following on from a shite transfer window like last summer. And this was my point all along, build on the title success and break the bank for the quality required instead of penny pinching. All these failings such as poor performances and players drop in form just highlight how our squad cannot compete on all fronts, when it should be a case of 'we are' and not 'We Can't'

Champions of Europe or Champions of England. Hmmm, which sounds better.

The one you play 38 games in or one in which you play 13?

Sure, there's arguments for both. The Champions League is the "best teams in Europe" and it's the best known continental tournament, but no other competition is played (nearly) every weekend of the season with the same rivalries year in, year out that has the kind of history that the first division title has.

From prestige, CL is certainly valued more, but for players, domestic leagues could have bigger role. Much more effort is put in there and consistancy plays huge role.

I dislike the format of CL because one game in the end dictates who is the winner. Its very dramatic but not as fair imo. Everyone should play everyone and the one that makes most points at the end is the CL winner.

From prestige, CL is certainly valued more, but for players, domestic leagues could have bigger role. Much more effort is put in there and consistancy plays huge role.

I dislike the format of CL because one game in the end dictates who is the winner. Its very dramatic but not as fair imo. Everyone should play everyone and the one that makes most points at the end is the CL winner.

no way they could fit those matches in.

no competition should hold more value than your own country's league. Of course some European, American, Asian leagues are not as competitive or prestigious and I can understand Chelsea fans or indeed any European

clubs fans from those shores thinking that the CL is the one....but in the main most match going or tv watching supporter in England...the PL is the one to win.....maybe after a hattrick of titles you might turn round and say I want us to win the CL or possibly both.

Mourinho and other club managers and boards know this and obviously SKY tv as well

Earlier in the day you said that Guardiola was owned two times in the CL semis with Bayern which shows his naivety and now you're saying whole format of the competition is wrong ... :?

Now we are getting into proper European league territory. Might happen one day

Champions of Europe or Champions of England. Hmmm, which sounds better.

Actually Sky cannot afford to beat BT's bids...Sky wanted both but BT has more money.

And let's just agree to disagree because I think having a CL title is the best. Not saying winning the PL is crap because it's a magnificent achievement, but not everyone in Europe watches the PL, while it's different with CL. More TV audience across Europe.

so what about TV audience and champs league.

The PL means more to any top team support in England.

In Chelsea FC case, walking to the ground from West Brompton, Fulham Broadway or Parsons Green....getting the buzz, feeling the excitement, smelling it.......Its what drives the home support for every league match week after week, year after year, win lose or draw. Its different and better than the CL matches where they sort of interfere with what we are used to.

Mourinho, the players and other clubs managers and players understand this...the bread and butter, the loyalty shown.

CL will always be a poor second

Earlier in the day you said that Guardiola was owned two times in the CL semis with Bayern which shows his naivety and now you're saying whole format of the competition is wrong ... :?

What has format to do with manager adoptation? Atm everyone is playing in same system of CL. Some managers have done better some worse. But all are in same situation. Guardiola couldnt adopt to the situation in past two years of CL semis. Its my opinion that system is wrong, but fact is that all managers play in same system and some did better while some didnt. Guardiola was indeed naive because he didnt change tactics thinking real madrid was beatable like Frankfurt and Nurnberg and similar clubs Pep played week in week out in buli.

....what are you talking about? We have Stamford Bridge games in the Champions League too, it's not exclusive to the PL.

"Sort of interfere with what we're used to?"...what kind of nonsense is this. Champions League has been around since 1955. Chelsea has been in the CL for over a decade, how can it interfere on what we're used to? We should be used to it by now. Long time ago.

Stop using Mourinho, the players and other club managers because they don't support your argument as they ALL dream of playing and winning the Champions League. You think Hazard would come to Chelsea if we weren't in the Champions League?? Or any world class player for that matter. That's why teams like Spurs and Liverpool are dreaming every year to get that top 4 spot.

Poor man's second my ass.

They all dream about winning the PL first and foremost.

A CL game at the bridge is nothing like a PL one......the build up, the atmosphere etc...not a patch. Read my post again. Where did I say we didn't have CL games at the bridge?

Mourinho and other managers understand the English fans mentality towards supporting their club in PL over country or CL.

but as you know best...ask any supporter whether they went just once or to every home and away what they would have preferred last season if it was straight choice between the two........CL wouldn't get many votes

They all dream about winning the PL first and foremost.

A CL game at the bridge is nothing like a PL one......the build up, the atmosphere etc...not a patch. Read my post again. Where did I say we didn't have CL games at the bridge?

Mourinho and other managers understand the English fans mentality towards supporting their club in PL over country or CL.

but as you know best...ask any supporter whether they went just once or to every home and away what they would have preferred last season if it was straight choice between the two........CL wouldn't get many votes

It depends on the player/manager/situation.

After the 2006 title, focus shifted to winning the Champions League. We had won two leagues since the takeover, and winning the Champions League became the big focus. If I remember correctly, the big reason Ancelotti was brought in was because of his European success.

I think the big reason Hazard signed for us was because we won the Champions League.

Players want to play Champions League football, especially the players that aren't from England.

Last year, I got the general feeling that the focus was on winning the league again, disregarding the Champions League. I got a general feeling that this year's focus was going to be on the Champions League.

It depends on the player/manager/situation.

After the 2006 title, focus shifted to winning the Champions League. We had won two leagues since the takeover, and winning the Champions League became the big focus. If I remember correctly, the big reason Ancelotti was brought in was because of his European success.

I think the big reason Hazard signed for us was because we won the Champions League.

Players want to play Champions League football, especially the players that aren't from England.

Last year, I got the general feeling that the focus was on winning the league again, disregarding the Champions League. I got a general feeling that this year's focus was going to be on the Champions League.

I mentioned earlier that after the league has been won a number of times ( for me ideally 3 on the bounce) then by all means the CL could become more important for one year.

I think you are mistaken though if you think Mourinho and the Chelsea board prioritised the CL over the PL during the close season. Of course as it happens things might be different now but I reckon virtually every supporter wanted us to retain PL over anything else this season

P.S. Hazard did sign for us because we qualified for CL again....but also we gave the best deal for him and agent fees over Utd and City