Ruben Neves

the wes

Love this guy too. Tremendous talent. And we're both the same age too, fuck me, what am I doing with my life.

All the sharks will be in to buy him this summer. Highly doubt we'll be top of his list. Shame.

The same feel that i Had when I saw to Halilovic making his debut in champions league. And today is yet worst, guys even younger than me!. Now while they play Champions League, I am in a desk thinking if watch the classes or get out with my friends and drink beer while I see them play. Is hard, man.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's so good. I have a crush on him tbh. Watched all Youtube stuff that is there at the moment plus couple of Porto games.

I think he's perfect for Jose. He's proper pivot player, not some poor-man box to box type. He's great at reading space, can put hard tackle, has great awerness. At the same time his passing is excellent, truly excellent, can controll tempo and knows what the team needs. He is mature beyond his years. Mental side of his game is something most praised and picked up by his coaches who had a pleasure to work with him.

We often talk about midfielder like Imbula, Kondogbia, Pogba, Nainggolan who are mostly box-to-box players and would have to do a makeshift. He is proper central midfielder though as I said and since Jose is reluctant to change formation from his beloved 4-2-3-1 he has perfect player to fill the gap.

And apparently we're very much interested in him and will make a serious bid to Porto in January. They don't want to sell though but simply have to listen to big offers.

You watch this guy and you can immediately tell he's the real deal. I was sold the first time I saw him. I'd throw the money for the clause at Porto, make him a an offer he can't refuse (I hope the likes of Carvalho, Ferreira and Deco would put in a good word) and play him. Forget his age, forget his lack of experience (he'd be surrounded by experience anyway). He's that good, he's worth the risk.

Willian/Fabregas - Neves - Matic

I'd jump for joy if that happened. Hazard signing level of excitement. Centre midfielders like him are too rare to pass up. Chelsea's own Busquets. Excuse me while I whipe the drool of my chin.

But I have to admit, I'm worried Bayern could offer him the world with Neves taking over the Xabi Alonso position. Thiago, Neves and Vidal in one midfield, wow. And even Real could come in, Modric is becoming more and more fragile.

I'd complain about them hogging all the talent but my Chelsea does the same at a lower level. Big fish eats small fish...

Great talent, just 18, he´s developing in to quite a player, Porto is a great team for young players to develop, i woundn´t mind seeing him at Chelsea, still young and full of potential, showing a lot of maturity in his play at his age, just forget Pogba, wouldn´t need to pay over the odds for Neves and it would pay off in due time. We´ll see what happens in the transfer window.

I know its easy to feel like it doesnt matter what Chelsea does because everything is so grim, but the club needs to look forward, and there is no reason at all to let rivals get the best prospects in the world.

Last year I was so excited about our three central players. We had gone from Ramires and Lampard to Matic and Fabregas, how amazing is that? We also played in a way that suggested that they offered the perfect balance, and Oscar still felt exciting. Nowadays it looks like our greater weakness. Fabregas offers little protection and is basically only good for forward play, but has failed to even that for quite some time now. Matic is the opposite, but has also felt a lot more lethargic lately.

Ruben Neves is young, but sometimes being young and hungry is far more valuable than being old(er) and accomplished. I feel certain that this player if allowed to, will be playing in Real Madrid not too far in the future, he has great potential and I would much rather see money invested into his type of players than left backs that barely make the bench.

I know its easy to feel like it doesnt matter what Chelsea does because everything is so grim, but the club needs to look forward, and there is no reason at all to let rivals get the best prospects in the world.

Last year I was so excited about our three central players. We had gone from Ramires and Lampard to Matic and Fabregas, how amazing is that? We also played in a way that suggested that they offered the perfect balance, and Oscar still felt exciting. Nowadays it looks like our greater weakness. Fabregas offers little protection and is basically only good for forward play, but has failed to even that for quite some time now. Matic is the opposite, but has also felt a lot more lethargic lately.

Ruben Neves is young, but sometimes being young and hungry is far more valuable than being old(er) and accomplished. I feel certain that this player if allowed to, will be playing in Real Madrid not too far in the future, he has great potential and I would much rather see money invested into his type of players than left backs that barely make the bench.

Baba was regarded as one of best LB prospects, look how that turned under Mou.

I think right now only experienced players will fit under Mou and improve us.

Neves would come as big thing, but Mourinho would still find way to play Ramires ahead of him, I dont think we operate as club that turns top talents into top players. You need to be quite established player to succeed under Mou and you need to fit his style or be high and strong etc.

Imo we missed several players that would fit our team perfectly in Vidal, Aurier, Alexis etc. You cant have them all but those were picture perfect for Mou style.

• 1 year later...

Just the sort of profile we need in addition to Bakayoko. Really wanted him last summer when we were linked. Fabregas-like deep lying playmaking ability but much more athletic.

5 hours ago, Stats said:

Seems like he stagnated last season. He only made 6 league starts and was on the subs bench for 23 matches. Warning sign for me there.

And also why he's been linked no doubt. The agent who 'leaked' the story may very well be working for Porto.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You