NY Red Bulls 4-2 Chelsea

Jase

I only ever used to play in goal and even half-way through a season I could get very mentally fatigued, and it's even worse after an extended break. It's especially hard for GKs.

I made the weird transformation from a Left Back to an Inverted winger(Mourinho type, cut inside, shoot) and due to the fact that we had to run like crazy on both positions, our first 10 - 15 training sessions were mostly running. Touching the ball was basic short passes and some long ones or shots here and there. But mostly running, you could never get out to get a ball without having at least 45 minutes running, stretching, running, stretching. Makes me sad, I was a tad unlucky.

Anyways, anyone have extended highlights? With Remy, Oscar, Diego's misses?

The fuck has this got to do with the thread?

I am very much fighting for animal rights at the moment and find this kind of comment disgusting!

About as much to do with the thread as your post. Funny that.

I only ever used to play in goal and even half-way through a season I could get very mentally fatigued, and it's even worse after an extended break. It's especially hard for GKs.

True, also Mou is known for heavy training sessions in pre-seasons. I had those myself and legs would be jelly and sore the first matches. The high intensity running trainings and the games all serve one purpose: getting as sharp as they can in time for the season - even if that means getting into those pre-season matches knackered. You drop the intensity when the season starts and - boom: sharpness!

i understand its "just a pre-season" game and "our first pre-season game", but not at all surprised that most of the people who actually SAW the performance (mind you, i am saying performance not the result), are a little shaken.

this was supposed to be their B-team, and they raped us when costa, hazard, oscar, matic, rambo, JT, zouma, azpi, bego were on the pitch. we dont make 2 passes together. watch the defending for the header goal by that 16 year old. EMBARASSING.

"Look up!! The sky is falling!!!"

5 straight two a days and players with varying levels of fitness. The names you use you can only use because you know they are normally class.

They pressed a tired team mercilessly and got a couple lucky bounces... Nothing to cry about.

I made the weird transformation from a Left Back to an Inverted winger(Mourinho type, cut inside, shoot) and due to the fact that we had to run like crazy on both positions, our first 10 - 15 training sessions were mostly running. Touching the ball was basic short passes and some long ones or shots here and there. But mostly running, you could never get out to get a ball without having at least 45 minutes running, stretching, running, stretching. Makes me sad, I was a tad unlucky.

Anyways, anyone have extended highlights? With Remy, Oscar, Diego's misses?

http://www.lastminutegoals.org/2015/07/23/new-york-red-bulls-vs-chelsea-highlights/

Never mind the result of those crappy pre season games after a late start to training. But did the game give any useful insights? HOw about Traore and Moses. Is it possible we might have underestimated them? How about the Zouma-Cahill partnership?

did lampard play?

Not sure if serious...

Lampard plays for New York City FC not Red Bulls.

Terrible performance from the team, but that is ok since its preseason.

Just hoping we play better football than we did last season.

We cant sit back and counter attack as a gameplay style against every team. We need to be quicker, more agressive and dominating this season.

If Jose plans to play the same way we played last season, that will be disappointing.

"Look up!! The sky is falling!!!"

5 straight two a days and players with varying levels of fitness. The names you use you can only use because you know they are normally class.

They pressed a tired team mercilessly and got a couple lucky bounces... Nothing to cry about.

u do understand that most of us here had to get up at midnight, watch the whole fiasco and then somehow make ourselves go to the office. the pent up anger had to come out somewhere.

so let bygones be bygones and acting like you are the only one who gets things.

u do understand that most of us here had to get up at midnight, watch the whole fiasco and then somehow make ourselves go to the office. the pent up anger had to come out somewhere.

besides the fact that CHELSEA lost a game. If I watch Chelsea under 12s play, I'd still be in a bad mood if we lost.

I know it's preseason but watching Chelsea lose is never a meh feeling.

Think overreaction after a competitive match can be excused. But pre-season? :carlo:

Happens every season.

It also goes into toys out the pram territory if chelsea arent top of the league after 3 games. #entitled

Lol... Who held a gun to your head and told you you have to stay up and watch the first preseason game?? Hahaha

Lol... Who held a gun to your head and told you you have to stay up and watch the first preseason game?? Hahaha

probably cos my team was playing after 2 months and i wanted them to see playing and i wanted them to win. something wrong with that? :wank2::wank2: