NY Red Bulls 4-2 Chelsea

Jase

For anyone calling to ditch the entire squad and sack the manager based on preseason match, go over the last 5 or so seasons and compare our preseason results to what we actually achieved and won in the following season. Do it. It's fun :D

i have not seen anyone calling for jose to be sacked or that we need a overhaul.

what people are insisting on is that this squad needs a better back-up CM which most of us already agreed on even before the match.

as, for the rest of your posts. what do you expect. most of the people woke up in mid night and had to see their favourite team get massacared after almost 2 months of no chelsea football.

which we couldn't win *meh*

My interest in preseason just dropped to zero after this result.

City and United are going to be a force to reckon with this coming season !

United won this competition (guinees world championship) last year, but what happened as the season starts till it finished? a Joke.

We didn't quite perform in last year's pre-season as well but we managed to grab Two major prizes at the end of the season.

Chill mate, this is what preseason's all about, manager try to analyze the team's strength and weakness as well as assessing each player performance before deciding to form the top 11. We can also see which one deserve first team play and which one is not through this whole pre-season matches.

:eyebrows:

Meh, first game.

Prefer if things went this way, lets the squad know that things won't be easy.

If we play like that or those mistakes continue into the latter stages of pre-season then we worry.

Wow some crazy overreaction on here :)

If we had been a bit sharper in the first half we could have gone in with a 3 to 4 goal lead.

1st half was pretty decent football IMHO

The second half predictably had changes and then the rhythm of the team died and the opposition rode their luck well.

I care more about the first 45 minutes - it was a decent performance by some of the 'fringe' players and has given me plenty of optimism for the forthcoming games.

No need to slate players and every keeper has a debut like that in them - better it happens now - than at a crucial point in the season ahead :)

We all know the team responds better to defeat than victory - so a nice wake up call ahead of PSG.

But don't fool yourselves - the season will only begin when the EPL starts - I'm not sure we'll bother too much for the Charity Shield either.

Ok so just watched the game and there were no stand out bad performers. NYRB rode their luck and got a few goals against a rusty defence. No biggie.

As long as we respond against PSG.

Ps Oscar was fine. He wasn't even the worst performing AM on the pitch, like some are proclaiming.

I'm sorry I'll go in meltdown mode again, but have any of the moaning guys actually set foot on a full length pitch? Ever actually had vacation and come to pre-season? If you did, then do you realize the first games are ALWAYS about building fitness and stamina levels in order to get in rhythm. It is never about the result and it never will be. Touches will be sloppy, we won't have the same amount of pace and speed in our build-up play, but that is how it is, as they probably haven't kicked a ball for a month. I didn't watch the match, I only saw the goals, but no matter how many misplaced touches the lads do it is only going to grow on them and make them improve. You're pathetic and I personally am ashamed. That being said nobody has to read into that, I couldn't care less, either.

Oscar played the full 90 after suffering from injury, having a break and still managed to work hard and bag two assists? Not bad. Not bad, indeed.

I only ever used to play in goal and even half-way through a season I could get very mentally fatigued, and it's even worse after an extended break. It's especially hard for GKs.

These games are a commercial money making enterprise. The match is more or less immaterial and anyone who thinks these games carry any weight for what's going to happen during the season is frankly deluded.

I do agree with you bud that the result means nothing to us in the grand scheme that is Chelsea life they do show everyone how the team is in alot of ways. They show how disorientated we might be, how fit players are, how good certain players are, how well they might or might not play together, the areas that positions that need strengthening.

Where the results dont mean anything silverware wise they can also make a real big difference to our season. If we get steamrolled by this lot how is that going to help our confidence? These are about the weakest team we shall be playing so what is going to happen when we play someone good? We need the lads to go into the season, which is coming fast, on a high.

Thats why theres no such thing as a friendly.

Jeez people you need to relax. Pre-season is all about fitness. This time last year we were being raped by some Bundesliga minnows and struggling against Wimbledon and random Slovenian and Austrian sides. Next thing I know we were the best team in England by a mile.