Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

If he's not willing to play or do whatever is necessary for the good of the team, then he's not needed here.

He should maybe have a chat with James Milner a.k.a. the LB that joined Liverpool from City because he wanted to play in CM.

There is merit in what you say once a player is at a club, and a part of their squad. It's different however when a player is considering which club he wants to join. It's perfectly reasonable for a player to prefer the club which will select him in his preferred position. Of course, later on, the player is entitled to judge his new employers by whether or not they keep their promise.

As far as I know Ox has never refused to play in any position he's been ask to fill. He's done exactly what you say he should, but he's perfectly entitled to seek starts in his favoured role.

11 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

What does that mean? 

Do you see what i mean now , With Lfc now favs to sign him!

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Loan deals do count

Liverpool 4/7
Chelsea 8/1

Some abuse next time we see him if as it looks he dos'nt sign here lol

How can you blame the board for the Ox turning us down ?. He only turned down a new contract last week and out of personal or professional reasons he decides he doesn't want to play for us that's his choice. If you agree to buy a house you're ready to pay up and your wife says at the last minute I've changed my mind you can't blame the estate agents can you?.

3 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Well, the lad is not Dani Alves or Marcelo. He cannot afford to demand playing in a certain position. Wish him best of luck.

I don't think it's a question of making demands. If he wants to play as a cm, and a club is offering him that opportunity, then why not take it? Perfectly reasonable behaviour and he deserves respect for it.

Of course there is another potential take on this whole posistional preference thing. Perhaps it's just his way of sparing our blushes. Perhaps he just doesn't fancy us or the way he's seen us play.

I have a feeling he might have been waiting to see if Drinkwater gets signed. If not Ox would've had some opportunities to play CM and maybe wouldn't have minded so much about playing RWB too, but now that it's looking almost certain that Drinkwater will join he might just have realized his only opportunities to play at Chelsea will come as RWB so he chickened out.

7 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

How can you blame the board for the Ox turning us down ?. He only turned down a new contract last week and out of personal or professional reasons he decides he doesn't want to play for us that's his choice. If you agree to buy a house you're ready to pay up and your wife says at the last minute I've changed my mind you can't blame the estate agents can you?.

Some house at 35+mill lol funk it get a new wife , think thats how Roman thinks lol 

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Loan deals do count

Liverpool 8/13
Chelsea 4/1

Space of minutes Cfc price halved again lol

2 hours ago, Rekin said:

This blows, but at the same time some serious questions need to be raised.
How did it take this long to reach this point with Ox? We have been interested for months, and we only learn now that he actually dont want to play as a WB? That is extremely incompetent on our part. The communication should have been clear from the start from both camps. 
I feel certain that we will get DD and Barkley if we really want them, but Oxlade was the only one that had a good chance to become a starter.

If we leave the window with no WB's added, then it is 100% embarassing on the boards side. In difference from other positions there have been many options available during the summer. 

It's possible that this whole story is just a cover. Perhaps he simply prefers Liverpool, their manager or their style of play. Or else, maybe he realises that he'll get a much harder time from Arsenal fans if he comes here instead of Liverpool and he thinks that he and his girlfriend just don't need it. Could even be a combination things.

Could be that he's just decided this and it's less controversial to come out with the excuse than with the truth. It's even possible Chelsea are in on it since it's less embarrassing for us this way.

11 minutes ago, Jype said:

I have a feeling he might have been waiting to see if Drinkwater gets signed. If not Ox would've had some opportunities to play CM and maybe wouldn't have minded so much about playing RWB too, but now that it's looking almost certain that Drinkwater will join he might just have realized his only opportunities to play at Chelsea will come as RWB so he chickened out.

And we're after Barkley too.

15 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Turns down 180k a week and is dictating where he wants to play.....Ladies and gents.....Oxlade Chamberlain.

Assuming this story is genuine and not just a cover for his real motives then, firstly, if he did turn down £9m a year because he wants to move, shouldn't we respect him for it? Secondly, what is wrong with preferring to play in one position rather than another?

I don't understand your criticisms in this post at all. 

43 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't think it's a question of making demands. If he wants to play as a cm, and a club is offering him that opportunity, then why not take it? Perfectly reasonable behaviour and he deserves respect for it.

Of course there is another potential take on this whole posistional preference thing. Perhaps it's just his way of sparing our blushes. Perhaps he just doesn't fancy us or the way he's seen us play.

Sure, I am not criticising his choice,  I am just saying that he's not on a level so high that he can afford making such demands from the Champions of England and expect them to be accepted.

I mean he can do that, but we would be stupid to accept. I'd rather have a youngster play than make such a compromise for Oxlade Chamberlain, a guy who proved almost nothing so far.

Good luck to him and good luck to us finding a RWB. We shouldn't have let this go so far.

Interesting if he really want to play as cm. Pool play with 3 mid but only hendo can play as holder. So Lallana, wijnaldum, can for 3 positions and keita for next season. Not sure where ox fit in this scenario. At front they have mfs + original N Sturridge. 5 player for 3 positions. 

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Sorry to be boring about this but Azpi is not a wing back. He lacks the tools and is just not very good at it.

No he isn't but at least if we need someone to fill in, we can use him there. That was my point.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You