Michael Essien

LDN Blue

thats a BIG IF but since no one seems interested in buying him we might as well see IF it works out . Essien was a GIANT but I thought

injuries had finished him. Nothing would give me greater pleasure to admit I was wrong to write him off.

Oh yeah of course, its a massive 'if'. I could be talking crap but maybe its partially psychological too. Last year he came in the final third of the season straight back from injury; maybe he felt low confidence, didnt know where to fit in or his role as a player in the team for the rest of the season. Maybe now he is training with the first team from day 1 this could really help him have a final good spell at Chelsea. Everyone would love to see that.

Agree with the ones who said we should sell him if we receive a good offer.

Essien hasn't played that many games for us in the last season, about 10 if my memory serves me well. So, how difficult is it to replace such a player? We're not talking about the Matas and Cechs, we're talking about a guy who is a role player at best (due to his injuries, to be fair). In his prime he was maybe the best midfielder in the world, but we all know that's past. He's earning too much for a squad player and he is not good enough to be a starter. Keeping him will just hinder us buying a younger, more cost-efficient player who can give us a few more years of his best performances whereas Ess is on the on the skids.

This all may sound harsh, but it's the reality. We've already offloaded players like Bosingwa to start a new era, so why not offload Essien too?! For the club's sake, we have to move on.

Essien has done a lot for the club and I sincerely thank him for all his effort but his time has come.Romeu can be a great player for us and if Essien stays then he will either dampen Romeu's chances or be himself down at the bottom of the list.

I hate it when people bring up his wages. Essien signed a contract pre 2010 which means that his wages don't even count towards FFP. There's no need to sell him because his wages are quite high.

Essien can still be a quite valuable player to us if he manages to be even 75% of what he use to be.

Well lets hack your kneecaps off with a chainsaw and find out.

And again,people are letting weak sentimental rubbish cloud their eyes from the truth. Essien is basically acting like a leech.

How so? How is he acting like a leech? Should he terminate his contract or ask for transfer? I don't quite understand.

How so? How is he acting like a leech? Should he terminate his contract or ask for transfer? I don't quite understand.

He knows that the cub is willing to listen to any offers. He also knows that most clubs realize that he is a shadow of himself, meaning hey will offer him significantly less wages. He is desperate to stay at the club and suck out as much money as he can like Bogarde. You would regard Bogarde as a leech, so Essien should be considered one.

He knows that the cub is willing to listen to any offers. He also knows that most clubs realize that he is a shadow of himself, meaning hey will offer him significantly less wages. He is desperate to stay at the club and suck out as much money as he can like Bogarde. You would regard Bogarde as a leech, so Essien should be considered one.

How do you know he is desperate to stay in order to suck out as much money as he can? Bogarde's case was clear, but how is Essien's?

I can't believe he's actually being compared to Bogarde, the man who played 11 games in 4 years for Chelsea and didn't hide the fact that he was killing his career for money.

To be honest Essien is finished and he knows that he probably will not play much until he retires so staying at Chelsea would be his best option. The club is the one to blame because they gave him a new contract in 2010 when he was already finished with injuries so the club are getting what they deserved ! If business's or institutions make stupid decisions they should never expect the employees to bail them out ! Footballers have very short career spans and they need to take full advantage to maintain their lifestyles and if it means sitting out the last few years of your career after severe knee injury then so be it.