Douglas Costa

bababoom

Isn't he a substitute for Wellington Nem? Or have I seen wrong. From what I know Bernard, Texeira and Wellington Nem are the starters. Imo, lots of people were preffering Mandzukic and other low priced strikers rather than Costa. Douglas Costa would not be that big of an upgrade, from what I know of him. Vast upgrades are made with players like Reus, Sterling. My best pick would e Draxler. Currently the 26 million deal for Cuadrado stands as the best option for an upgrade on the RW. We need to be able to change games when they aren't going our way. And that I think, is something Costa can't offer THAT much.

Taison, Texeira, and Douglas Costa have been the 3 starting AMs for Shakhtar in the Champions League and most of the big games this season. As to whether Douglas Costa is an 'upgrade' or not, the answer is that he is probably viewed as a direct replacement for Salah as the left-footed RW in the squad, nothing more. From what I can see, he is a player better suited to our style of play than Salah is, and so might be used by Mourinho (much) more frequently than the unfortunate Salah has been.

Personally, I'm a bit baffled as to why so many people are seemingly against this potential signing, given that it will still leave the door open for Reus to arrive as a cheap world-class upgrade to the first 11 in the summer. True, with Madrid (and every other club) in the running for him, it may be unlikely to happen, but that hasn't stopped tons of people on this forum from complaining that Cuadrado is a near-useless potential signing because he isn't enough of an upgrade for our starting line-up.

Edit: Di Marzio (who broke the news that we are in for Cuadrado) has just tweeted his view that Douglas Costa is now looking the more likely purchase for us. Apparently Enner Valencia is our third option.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect him to play all of it down.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me either way. Though, as transfers and transfer deadlines get close José will sometimes be open about things.

He was with Willian and Costa.

Taison, Texeira, and Douglas Costa have been the 3 starting AMs for Shakhtar in the Champions League and most of the big games this season. As to whether Douglas Costa is an 'upgrade' or not, the answer is that he is probably viewed as a direct replacement for Salah as the left-footed RW in the squad, nothing more. From what I can see, he is a player better suited to our style of play than Salah is, and so might be used by Mourinho (much) more frequently than the unfortunate Salah has been.

Personally, I'm a bit baffled as to why so many people are seemingly against this potential signing, given that it will still leave the door open for Reus to arrive as a cheap world-class upgrade to the first 11 in the summer. True, with Madrid (and every other club) in the running for him, it may be unlikely to happen, but that hasn't stopped tons of people on this forum from complaining that Cuadrado is a near-useless potential signing because he isn't enough of an upgrade for our starting line-up.

Edit: Di Marzio (who broke the news that we are in for Cuadrado) has just tweeted his view that Douglas Costa is now looking the more likely purchase for us. Apparently Enner Valencia is our third option.

Aha. Then I have been mislead. But, don't get me wrong, I'm not against him. I just prefer Cuadrado. Enner Valencia is a good option too.

Really annonying syndrome since the Cuadrado rumor started - people who obviously didnt see him or Costa more than 3 times claiming they're average while pointing at their stats, crying that we dont look for better and more proven players, but somehow forget to even throw an example of a player (except Reus). What the heck do you all want?

Right now we have no depth for the AM places, Schurlle and Salah form is garbage, you cant call them "depth", why not to replace them? if somehow Reus becomes available for us in the summer, and says he wants to join us and not Real or Bayern, do you really think Mou's gonna say 'no, tell him we have enough AMs'... i think he'll jump on this opportunity (and sell Schurlle who's probably staying for now as it seems). Because there's half a season to play until then, and because Reus will probably end up in Real or Bayern, doing business now to improve our team is more than welcomed. In the summer there's more time and more money to replace the ones arent doing their job.

I have never seen him play, but I have an Ukrainian coworker who says this guy is very inconsistent and much worse than Willian was at Shakhtar. He had a good last season in the domestic league, but he didn't score many goals - he assisted. He never scored more than 5 goals from open play in the Ukrainian league in 5 seasons he played for Shakhtar. Not a good sign.

That may be true but if Costa and Cuadrado take time to adapt (to the league, Mourinho's demands etc), which might happen, then we would still be forced to start with Hazard, Oscar and Willian in almost every game.

Lol so basically what you're saying is that we would have to do what we are already doing?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You