Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

Rodgers has said he was interviewed without the clubs consent and what he said surprised everyone.

Also said Sterling is "going nowhere" just like he did with Suarez.

Unless they just run his contract down and let him leave on a free (which would be idiotic) then I can't see how they keep him. Looks clear he wants out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also said Sterling is "going nowhere" just like he did with Suarez.

Unless they just run his contract down and let him leave on a free (which would be idiotic) then I can't see how they keep him. Looks clear he wants out.

He's gone IMO.

Hazard and Sterling on both wings would be magnificent.

Doesn't always work as well as on paper/fifa though. I mean there are track backs, not stepping on each other's shoes...etc. That is why dream teams rarely work in football, because sometime a limited player is better for the balance of the team than a more talented player. I mean it is all well having 2 great wingers who can express themselves, but it is useless if they both neglect their defensive duties or not being able to do it both to a good standard anyway. That is why Willian seems to be working well for us even though his offensive contribution is next to 0, he is one of the best tracking back attacking mid in the world which allows Hazard the freedom to do his things more often.

Doesn't always work as well as on paper/fifa though. I mean there are track backs, not stepping on each other's shoes...etc. That is why dream teams rarely work in football, because sometime a limited player is better for the balance of the team than a more talented player. I mean it is all well having 2 great wingers who can express themselves, but it is useless if they both neglect their defensive duties or not being able to do it both to a good standard anyway. That is why Willian seems to be working well for us even though his offensive contribution is next to 0, he is one of the best tracking back attacking mid in the world which allows Hazard the freedom to do his things more often.

Sterling tracks back adequately though. So does Hazard.

Im curious about something... it seems like the least loved player on here this days is Oscar, yet in the transfer window subjects most people talk about replacing Willian in our first eleven, not Oscar.

Is it because you think we'll replace both (wouldnt happen) or most just prefers Oscar's contribution to Willian's? It seems to me like Willian is the player to stay in our line up right now. Question is where he'd play, continue in RW to have competition from Cuadrado, or move to CAM, than he'll have real competition from Oscar.

In reality there's only one question - what Jose prefers? another falshy winger or a CAM/CM who would make us more dominant and fluid in midfield and would allow Cesc more chances to go up. We wont get both.

Im curious about something... it seems like the least loved player on here this days is Oscar, yet in the transfer window subjects most people talk about replacing Willian in our first eleven, not Oscar.

Is it because you think we'll replace both (wouldnt happen) or most just prefers Oscar's contribution to Willian's? It seems to me like Willian is the player to stay in our line up right now. Question is where he'd play, continue in RW to have competition from Cuadrado, or move to CAM, than he'll have real competition from Oscar.

In reality there's only one question - what Jose prefers? another falshy winger or a CAM/CM who would make us more dominant and fluid in midfield and would allow Cesc more chances to go up. We wont get both.

Really? Have seen so many wanting Koke to replace Oscar.

We need a winger IMO, and by that I mean replicating the threat we have on the left with Hazard. A dribbler, a direct threat, someone who gets one on one and destroys people with pace and ability. Willian is not a winger for me, he's more of a number 10. I appreciate what Willian offers but out wide he is not the answer and until Cuadrado settles in we have a problem out wide on the right.

What else do you expect here when Sterling is an attacking wide player? :carlo:

If a member prefers Willian to Oscar, but want us to buy a right winger, i would expect him to say this- "We need a new winger to replace Willian, who needs to move to the center". Thats not what people say here, and when you see that the same people really dont want Oscar, it makes their opinion to be slightly unclear of what they really want. Off course i dont have a problem with members who prefers Oscar, thats not about them im asking about.

Hazard tracks abck excellently. He just does not seem to get the defensive recignition that others like Sanchez and Willian gets. I was having a debate with an Arsenal fan about who is the better player between Sanchez and Hazard and who should get the PFA player of the season. He said to me that Sanchez works harder. I disagreed and said that is what the media leads you to believe. I was not denying Sanchez works hard but because it is picked up on more people will ignore the fact that Hazard has done a lot of defensive duties. What made my argument more pleasing is when I came across this analysis:

"while his work rate is underrated; he has won possession in the attacking third more times (28) than anyone else". That says it all. He constantly does his defensive work and helps. Mourinho has really trained him in that department.

Pass the sick bucket - Rodgers already saying " if its trophies he wants...history...liverpool...successful...." usual bollocks.

Only outdone by young Sterling "its not about the money.....money..money" bullshit.

Fuck me if I was on 100k a week at 20, I wouldnt have made 21

Pass the sick bucket - Rodgers already saying " if its trophies he wants...history...liverpool...successful...." usual bollocks.

Only outdone by young Sterling "its not about the money.....money..money" bullshit.

Fuck me if I was on 100k a week at 20, I wouldnt have made 21

I would have died after the fist week. Too much money, far too much money to chase a piece of inflated plastic across a green field. I say not to this transfer for several reasons:

1. Sterling will cost more Sterling than any would like to admit. I am not sorry for the pun.

2. Paying Liverpool gives then room to make moves to strengthen their squad.

3. He is 20 and wants more money per week than half of sub-saharan Africa earns in the same time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You