Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

I would rather we promote Boga instead. He has just as much talent, if not more than Sterling. The solution isn't to always buy buy buy. We should look inward and use the resources we already have every now and then.

Im sure everyone would love that, but lets be honest, we are terrible with transforming youth players into seniors.

But it will come day when Terry retires and Cahill wont be starter. That day i fear we wont have single english player in starting eleven (and god knows who on bench), which is a disgrace.

I agree sterling, barkley, ox, stones, prowse etc are tad overrated and overpriced, but we will have to take risk and sign one or two, or seriously count on Boga, baker, rlc to make it here.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather we promote Boga instead. He has just as much talent, if not more than Sterling. The solution isn't to always buy buy buy. We should look inward and use the resources we already have every now and then.

Ideally we sell Schurrle and Salah, bring in an established winger like Cuadrado and upgrade Boga to the first team squad fully to take Salah's place and he can then work his way up from there. Won't happen though.

Ideally we sell Schurrle and Salah, bring in an established winger like Cuadrado and upgrade Boga to the first team squad fully to take Salah's place and he can then work his way up from there. Won't happen though.

I honestly think Boga can definitely flourish at the top level. I watched Sterling,Barkley and a good number of top players at youth level and they were no better or worse than Boga at that level for example. The difference sometimes between a Sterling and a Boga most times is luck i.e playing in a team and under a manager willing to take the risk on youth and avoiding career defining injury. This is assuming all things equal i,e comparable talent, hunger, focus and determination ofcourse.

Sometimes I wonder what these managers are so scared of. . . ..worst case scenario, the youngster (s) have a mare, loses possession very often?bad decision making? tactical mistakes? all round poor performance? well salah, Schurrle, Ivanovic, Cahill, Willian and Oscar are doing that already in some games or in Salah and schurrle's case virtually every game this season.

What's the worst that could happen if we take a risk and use our best youth to fill the squad space that someone like Salah currently occupy like you suggested.

Coutinho singlehandedly destroyed our midfield, It was embarrassing to watch. And the fact that some people still see him as inferior to Oscar proves just how underrated a player he is.

He is inferior to oscar

Well in terms of individual talent, Coutinho is better. He is faster, better dribbler, more creative. Oscar is probably more effective in the final third as Coutinho can be wasteful. He has been playing brilliantly recently though, must say. But there must be a reason why Oscar is constantly picked as the no.10 by the non-stop changing managers for Brazil.

Well in terms of individual talent, Coutinho is better. He is faster, better dribbler, more creative. Oscar is probably more effective in the final third as Coutinho can be wasteful. He has been playing brilliantly recently though, must say. But there must be a reason why Oscar is constantly picked as the no.10 by the non-stop changing managers for Brazil.

Iscar is better at set pieces has a better shot, higher workrate..

Until recently, he's been a slightly above average creative player with the irregular spike of brilliance. Something must have clicked over the past few months in his head because he has been much more consistent, credit given where it's due.

Dont you love how the press are attacking Sterling and his agent already?

They just cant bear the thought of him potentially leaving Liverpool, the ultimate, storied club. Lmaooo

Just keep an eye on the reports and the shit they'll dig up on him if he does leave Ainfield.

Dont you love how the press are attacking Sterling and his agent already?

They just cant bear the thought of him potentially leaving Liverpool, the ultimate, storied club. Lmaooo

Just keep an eye on the reports and the shit they'll dig up on him if he does leave Ainfield.

Im not worried ................ as long as he doesnt come to the Bridge

• 1 month later...

Bizarre comment. What does liking him have to do with anything? If we sign him, it will mean we're willing to pay what he wants.

how is it bizarre? I DONT like him - simple - even last night for England, I was impressed and my belief started to soften, then I watched his interview and straight away I was back up to hatred. The guy is a complete fucking arse!

Wayne Rooney was delighted for Kane - you could see the genuine emotion. Sterling asked the same question and he was moody and petulant and can't even smile properly. I just don't think that's a player I want to see in our dressing room.

Now, all of the above 'could be' attributable to his current predicament with the 'losers' - but I'm not convinced.

I will say he has skill, is lightning quick and could become a really special player.

As always - if we sign a player, I will support them - but my head says 'no' and my heart thinks him and Hazard could tear shit up...

It 'could' be an interesting summer...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You