• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtois

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Filipe

Matic - Cesc

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

This would have to be my team. Just beasty on so many levels. Didier for Costa in the 80th min. Then possibly push Cesc forward if we take Oscar off. Ivan for azpi is the only change i would expect jose to make from that team or Willian possibly.

I predict we go 1-0 down at half time, the usual suspects will be on the match thread moaning. Second half we come back to win 4-1 with one off the best 2nd half games in recent memory and they disappear.

Ready to start the path to the title on Monday! Club looked engaged tonight at home and I expect them to be the same Monday night.

Can't wait to get it started. Off season moves have really filled the gaps. Come on you Chelsea and hurry up Monday!

:blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Carefree, wherever we may be

We are the famous CFC

And we don't care

Whoever you may be

'Cause we are the famous CFC

So excited for this. Part of me is upset we got the Monday night match time slot as I'm so anxious to see our boys play an official match. But it is what it is. Hope we come out against Burnley firing.

For me, I'd choose

------------Courtois

Azpi-Cahill/Ivan-Terry-Luis

-------Matic----Fabregas

Schurrle--Willian---Hazard

-----------Costa

HT = 2-0 for Chelsea

Subs = Oscar for Willian, Ake for Luis, Costa for Salah, Schurrle upfront...

What I'd like to see

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Terry Luis

Matic Fabregas

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Costa

What I think we'll see

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Fabregas Matic Ramires

Willian Hazard

Costa

Think we're capable of playing expansive football but it might take time. Important not to lose this game because promoted teams on the first day of the season scare the shit out of me. They'll press us, they'll push us and they'll be up for this match so I reckon Jose might keep it tight to start off with.

Tough choices all over the pitch and the only nailed on choices are Terry, Cahill, Matic, Fabregas (wouldn't have thought this 4 weeks ago), Hazard and Costa. Courtois gets the nod over Cech, though there is a good case to play Petr.

Luis could start but I think we'll go conservative in the first match. Ramires might be included for his physicality around the pitch, as might Willian.

Burnley WILL take points off top teams this year so not losing is the most important thing.

EDIT - so Ramires is suspended....fuck.

Ok, um the second team is probably more likely then. :D:D

Luis could start but I think we'll go conservative in the first match.

I can follow your other points, but here I think you're wrong. Luis gonna be a certainty I think. Think he took away the last doubts (if there were any) yesterday night. Fantastic crosses into the box and an absurd tackle to keep Real Sociedad from pulling one back. Defensive- and offensively impressive. We'd be foolish not to start him. I think defense will be lined up the way you put it in your wish team. Maybe Ivanovic for Azpi. But I'd go with Azpi.

Is Rami suspended for this game?

Yes. He'll be back available against Leicester.

EDIT: Here's the link - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27151054

The 27-year-old will serve a four-match ban after a review panel decision.

Ramires will now miss Chelsea's remaining Premier League fixtures this term - against Liverpool, Norwich and Cardiff - as well as their first game of next season.

Edited by Jason

I can follow your other points, but here I think you're wrong. Luis gonna be a certainty I think. Think he took away the last doubts (if there were any) yesterday night. Fantastic crosses into the box and an absurd tackle to keep Real Sociedad from pulling one back. Defensive- and offensively impressive. We'd be foolish not to start him. I think defense will be lined up the way you put it in your wish team. Maybe Ivanovic for Azpi. But I'd go with Azpi.

I actually think you make a great point. I just think this is one match in 38 so no reason not to go with what worked last season, but I'd be happy either way.

What we have all over the pitch (with the exception of striker) is options. When Rafa was here everyone predicted the team with ease because we had about 14 players we could rely on. Now we have choices to be made all over the pitch.

Tactical flexibility.

Pretty confident this team will start

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Luis

Fabregas - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

but if Ramires wasn't suspended i think he would have started in a 4-3-3

Exactly

And if we need a goal in the 2nd half, Schurrle comes on for Oscar.

I feel ivanovic is actually more attackminded than azpi so he will play.