Filipe Luís

Jase

I'm just gonna be very happy when he's signed. As with Fabregas, Luis will add another dimension to our play. Adds something to the team that we didn't have last season.

Costa, Fabregas, Luis, and Courtois being installed as the #1 keeper would be one hell of a summer. Adding one more CM and moving Mikel or Ramires on would be the best in our history.

Finaly pieces are getting together after few very average transfer summers...Mourinho effect is there. We lacked CM for too long, we lacked striker for past few seasons etc...now we finaly have those players and I believe there are exciting times ahead.

Good signing, horrible pun.

Agreement might be announced tomorrow but his official signing may take a few days imo.

you'd think so if Beasley is going so far as to say he has actually signed. One of his tweets he says it is actually a deal which will rise to £20m depending on certain criteria. So could well be the £12m or £15m was successful

Get this guy over the line, another striker and possible CM and should be set

I dont think Mou would let Cole go without some sort of replacement guaranteed. Luis was ''our'' player the moment Cole left and Atletico signed Siqueira. The only question now remains is the price. Luis wants here, we pay 19mio in worst case. Mou negotiates for smaller fee, Luis comes here. Its either way, I hope we can reduce fee by at least few milions.

If this deal fell apart, we would be heavily linked with some other LB, considering we are going for titles next season and our best LB right now is Bertrand.

I'm just gonna be very happy when he's signed. As with Fabregas, Luis will add another dimension to our play. Adds something to the team that we didn't have last season.

Costa, Fabregas, Luis, and Courtois being installed as the #1 keeper would be one hell of a summer. Adding one more CM and moving Mikel or Ramires on would be the best in our history.

Agree. Luis is coming now and our transfer window will be over :( . But i still believe something can happen by end of transfer window. I wish Mourinho can surprise everyone by one SPECIAL signing: Vidal,Pogba or even Di Maria (He might leave RM because of T.Kroos) :worship::rolleyes:

keep-calm-and-cross-your-fingers-16.png

Good signing. One of the best left back in the world at the minute and with him and Azpi makes both our wing backs players who never give up and will always give everything for the team.

Jose has played a blinder in the market so far, so this has allowed him to splash out more on a player who is 29. But the key fundamentals of this transfer are.

1. Is he a top player in his position? Yes.

2. Is this where we are lacking quality? Yes.

We're shaping up nicely for next season.

Luis is a really good fullback. It was really stupid of Felipão not calling him, but that's understandable since brazilian football has always preferred overly offensive fullbacks (or as some like to call, wing backs - even if they're a moderate/big defensive liability) over solid fullbacks with just good offensive capabilities, the better compromise we can find is when Brazil chooses a full back who is equally good attacking and defending. Also, Felipão likes to stick with the players that got him to where he is, with few or no exceptions.

In Luis we get an experienced player who is probably going to improve our defense even further and also add a bit of quality going forward over the aged Ashley Cole. I just hope people don't expect him to be better than prime Cole, because that he's never going to be. But I expect him to be a solid brick in our defense and I would not expect any different from Mourinho, great signing if true.