Diego Costa

Spike

They will always give you the maximum of weeks out. Hopefully he'll be back in a shorter amount of time. This does give Mourinho a stronger case for going and getting a new addition especially with Torres potentially moving on. Falcao???

For now we'll let King Drog take charge again :-)

If Costa truly is injured (the fact that its a recurrence of a hamstring injury makes it worse) then we have no one to blame but ourselves. With all the time Mourinho has spent eulogizing over Costa in the media, we should have been going all out to sign a alternative. Aguero hasn't even started any of City's games so because Jovetic has been simply amazing but yet the media want to declare us title favourites? Baloney. You don't go to war with only one competent striker when your main title rivals have four. Hopefully, it's not a serious tear and it's just a strain. He still will miss the Everton match regardless which is a big blow.

This is a reality check of who the title favourites really are. I said before in the English football thread, We have a fantastic first eleven but as a squad city >> us

We need another striker, destro something or get ready for an even worse strikeforce than last season. Yes eto >>> Drogba

Debatable. Cesc can be a major improvement to any team and he can help even the worst strikers with those through balls.

Oh yes in terms of the team we'd still be better but I meant we'd be worse up-front. A situation we really shouldn't have to even contemplate.

Oh yes in terms of the team we'd still be better but I meant we'd be worse up-front. A situation we really shouldn't have to even contemplate.

We're absolutely horrendous upfront if Costa is not playing. I'll go as far as saying that most PL teams are better than us in that position if we don't include Costa. I don't understand how is it ok for our main rival to have 4 top notch strikers but we can't even have two.

We need a striker and no it doesn't depend on Costa being injured or not. If we don't sign a decent striker I'll be really dissapointed. I wish we go for Remy. Failed medicals don't matter much when you're not first choice and have proven yourself before anyways.

Obviously no-one knows the extent of the injury so put the razor blades down for a second people.

We're clearly trying to move Torres on, we've been linked with Destro and we still have Drogba, although I'd also be inclined to throw in Bamford. It's not ideal but it's not the disaster that some are making it out to be.