Diego Costa

Spike

Falcao? Falcao is not an Aguero or Suarez type of striker at all.

Costa is better at Falcao in short spaces and linking up play IMO.

That's almost as bad as someone claiming Falcao was more technical than Benzema some months back.

Costa better than Falcao in tight spaces and link up play? :lol:

How about this, falcao and Costa are equally poor in tight spaces but Costa's link up is only marginally better. finishing and movement is their strength and the qualities that make them top class strikers as they are both not renowned for their technical ability. pointless debate really.

Falcao seems to be a 30+ year old cripple at the moment...I know who I'd prefer! :ph34r:

I do have some concern over his injury, but sports medicine has adavanced tremendously in the past decade!

Ronaldo cameback after his injury at about 15 years ago and was still able to be amazing (look at the 2002 WC). Adrian Peterson (NFL running back) only took around 3 moths to return at full potential and he even went to win the MVP award. And there are many more examples in all types of sports. ACL is not the career ender as it used to be...

Again, I'm not sayin we should go for Falcao (because we shouldnt). But that he is better than the one season wonder Diego Cunt he is!

I do have some concern over his injury, but sports medicine has adavanced tremendously in the past decade!

Ronaldo cameback after his injury at about 15 years ago and was still able to be amazing (look at the 2002 WC). Adrian Peterson (NFL running back) only took around 3 moths to return at full potential and he even went to win the MVP award. And there are many more examples in all types of sports. ACL is not the career ender as it used to be...

Again, I'm not sayin we should go for Falcao (because we shouldnt). But that he is better than the one season wonder Diego Cunt he is!

The bolded part :lol: (even I have to admit that he looks totally weird in a Spanish jersey!)

I understand where you're coming from and even without the injury I'd be tempted even if the age rumour is true! But considering the sheer amount they would want to recoup we shouldn't go for him, as you said. Costa seems to be the default option for the club now compared to Falcao and Cavani regarding age and price.

Now, if you were to say to me in 2011 'look at that sexy beast Falcao over in Porto, we should totally not be afraid to invest in a player who plays well in a different league and pay £32m for him!', I would say 'yeah, baby!'.

...however, the same can also be said of Costa in this exact moment! And, (while I understand why you don't trust him) for me personally, that's why I think it's about time we took a bit of a risk in the striker department! It certainly can't get any worse!

Mourinho is already closing in on the £32m acquisition of Costa and is also looking at Lavezzi & Mandzukic.(Evening Standard)

Would be awesome to have Lavezzi, fucking beast!

That guy will help us win the quadruple!

How about if Atletico wins the La-Liga, the CL, makes plenty of money & Costa refuses to go anywhere?

Whom Jose is going to buy?

I guess Ferda & BA just stay on?

Come to think about it, what is better chance for Costa to go after he has win La Liga & CL or if he has missed both? for me if he win La Liga & CL this season, job done for him and he probably considering to move abroad looking for new challenge, greater chance for us to snap him. If he failed both and win nothing, I could see he is staying there.

No Gerrard stupidness "how I can leave after night like this?" ever again, I think.

looking at ATM's history with strikers, shouldnt we buy this DAMIAO guy rather than splashing 40mil at him 3 years later. :ph34r:

Let them develop him, if he become a better player we could buy him and it is benefit everybody, but if he is not improving, we're not lose anything right? :P

looking at ATM's history with strikers, shouldnt we buy this DAMIAO guy rather than splashing 40mil at him 3 years later. :ph34r:

i doubt even Atletico can make Damiao look good

Doubt we can get a striker with Costa's goal amount as cheap as we could, guessing at least another 50 million for Cavani (if that!) and probably the same for Falcoa.

In reality we kind of dropped the ball last season by not signing one of them, but we should/can redeem ourselves by getting ONE major striker, keeping one of the three 'strikers' we have and keeping Romelu.

Out of the three to keep, i am turning towards Etto, but Ba has shown his usefulness this season as a precarious third option.

Atlético Madrid have already got plans to replace Chelsea bound Diego Costa by offering €13M for Santos striker Leandro Damião.

All right.

Just yesterday, I read Costa is going nowhere. Apparently, Atletico is going places, will be even better next season. :halo:

Whilst they might scoop big cash to win their respected league and possibly the CL they are cash strapped, not only that but they have one asset they are climbing the walls to keep hold of......Courtois. Winning the double and keeping Courtois on loan will be huge and Costa leaving will be a small drop in the ocean.