Diego Costa

Spike

Simeone on Costa's performance for Spain:

“With the result as it is, it would also be very easy to say that Diego Costa didn’t work out. Spain were used to playing at one rhythm and one pace, while Costa offers other characteristics. If you don’t take advantage of Costa’s runs, you isolate him.

“He likes to exploit the spaces, to attack from deep positions and to get on the end of final passes, but Spain’s football focuses more on the collective. Playing that collective game, Spain haven’t performed at their best, nor were they able to take advantage of Costa and the characteristics he brings,” he revealed.

Diego Costa: "My future is at Chelsea more than Atlético" The striker admitted that he is close to joining the Premier League side: "There are situations in life that we have to make the most of".

i.e. 'I'm going for the money.' Not that we didn't know that of course!

How many golden chances in the box do you think the combination of Eto'o/Ba/TORRES missed last year?

How many goals do you think Costa has to score to be considered a good buy

You're missing my point...I did say in the previous page that Costa should be much better than those 3

What I stated was that Mourinho was looking for a forward who would have to create chances for himself to pull the team ahead when we're facing a packed defense...And I've not seen too many examples showing that Costa could do that...

BUT...one point that does work in Costa's favor is that he can hold the ball pretty well, and could probably help in creating a chance for others...

A strikers main job is to score, right? Anything else is extra. He shouldn't have to create when he has Cesc, Hazard, Oscar, Willian.

You're right...and ideally that would be all he should have to do. But from what I've seen in the last two seasons our midfield demands more from the forwards in terms of build-up. But I agree Fabregas could be the game-changer here, and of course, Costa should be a better target-man compared to what we have now....

Torres, Azpilicueta, Simeone, Mourinho and now even Costa himself is talking about playing for Chelsea, can we fucking confirm this deal now?

Where did simeone speak about costa at chelsea?

Lol why is it always about money? What else could he do at atletico?

"There are situations in life that we have to make the most of for the sake of our lives and our families." If that doesn't imply he's moving for the money then I don't know what does. It's obvious that most players who sign for big/rich clubs like Chelsea do so for the money; trophies are secondary. I don't know why you're kidding yourself.

People make me laugh. They're probably basing his performances against us in the UCL, where he was nursing an injury, and the two WC games they've seen him, where he's been playing in an alien system with players obsessed with playing 90 passes more than Atletico would in a similar attack. All four of those games are matches where he hasn't been able to play his natural game. He'll fit this team of our's very nicely.

Pple r forgetting he played unfit during the worldcup. He is a fighter and wants to play even when unfit Just like Ronaldo played terrible too.

Even though the system didn't fit him, if he was fit he would have played better. I'm sure of it.