Diego Costa

Spike

I don't like him much, but rationally, Costa should be good for us. Yes, he's not the type of striker who creates himself, but with so many creative players behind him, it isn't really necessary. While he's far from being a dream signing for me, he will strengthen the squad. Though deep down, there's always the fear that he'll be Torres 2.0. Hope he'll prove my gut wrong and my brain right.

Funny how Cavanis back to being world class in this forum now.

Last summer when it looked like we could have actually got him post after post of how he wouldn't fit in at Chelsea because of this and that. Now there's no chance of getting him he's flavour of the month.

What is it with some of you and your grass is greener complexes? Serious question.

Last summer when it looked like we could have actually got him post after post of how he wouldn't fit in at Chelsea because of this and that. Now there's no chance of getting him he's flavour of the month.

What is it with some of you and your grass is greener complexes? Serious question.

I just want a good lb and someone who cam put the ball in the net. Fucking Chicharito is better than what we have now.

#Atletico President Cerezo: "We will try and get new players to come who can score more goals or save more goals than the ones leaving" #CFC

Pretty much confirmed, like Jose announcement last season, all over the place has confirmed it, the only one left is in chelseafc.com

I think people are battered and bruised after many strikers fail that skepticism tends to set in when we buy a striker.

We've been hearing that in the last few weeks and nothing has happened... :chai:

So this looks like Costa believing in media reports as much as fans. Cerezo says there's no bids from Chelsea. No movement from Luis or Tiago. Koke and Juanfran extended their deals, perhaps no one is leaving Atletico except for Courtois. Lukaku was supposed to be in on the deal but his agent says he's not getting loaned out again. It could be Torres, Ba and Lukaku next season possibly, crap.

As far as Costa and Chelsea after watching him in the WC I am concerned. He did not show me anything and have not be convinced he is the answer. I would rather have a Cavani or Falcao. Am I being to critical of Costa, what do you guys think.

Why do people still value Falcao so highly?

He is a very good player, and I would have loved to have him straight out of Porto.
Cavani is excellent too, just like Falcao he showed true class in his previous club.

Having said that, we need to remember a couple of facts. First of all, both are older than Costa. Both have had so-so seasons in the weaker Ligue 1 (Falcao was not bad before his injury, but he was not as excellent as in Atletico. Cavani has been stuck on a flank but he has also been inconsistent [in my opinion] in the games where he has been a striker).

Falcao is coming back from a very nasty injury, it is very possible that he will not reach his previous levels again. Cavani have gone through personal problems which have affected his game.
Both would also most likely cost a good deal more while also asking for higher wages since they come from being star signings in extremely rich clubs.

Because of two games many suddenly have doubts about Costa (yes, some will claim rightly or not that they had doubts before the WC as well) even though he was coming back from an injury in a new team that plays completely differently than he is used to.
If we are only judging players on recent accomplishments, how can Falcao and Cavani's stock be higher right now?

We do not need a striker who is good at everything (although it would not hurt) but a striker that fits our system. Few doubt that Costa fit the system Atletico plays with, and even though Chelsea is not an exact copy it is more similar than many other clubs.

Costa will be a slightly better choice against teams that defend very deep, but he will be the arrowhead against big teams where he will be left with space ahead of him.

Judge him for what he is, not for not being what you would like him to be.

As far as Costa and Chelsea after watching him in the WC I am concerned. He did not show me anything and have not be convinced he is the answer. I would rather have a Cavani or Falcao. Am I being to critical of Costa, what do you guys think.

Cavani has been shite too. Falcao is more concerned with his wallet then his legacy as footballer. Pass on both.