test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,483 posts in this topic
25 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Great player, just what we need but we will never complete this deal. 

Only 3 AMs and currently 2 healthy for 60 games season. We are buying attacking midfielder. But within our 32m£ cap, that's not him. 

I guess I wasn't the only one who has noticed this 32m£ cap ever since we signed torres. With incredible consistency we never go above that lol 😁 :lol:

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Do people here really want James or is it just due to the fact we haven't acquired anyone?

Where the hell is he gonna play???

well his "Position" will be either RW or the tip of midfield in a 352. but I view our front in a 343 as 3 positionless free attackers. With Lukaku(assuming) up top Hazard and James will have free attacking roles to roam and find mismatches and holes in the D. People wont be able to man mark hazard with James floating around with him, it would be very dangerous. It is a luxury that can be afforded due to Kante and Bakayoko(assuming) protecting the space behind them. 

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

well his "Position" will be either RW or the tip of midfield in a 352. but I view our front in a 343 as 3 positionless free attackers. With Lukaku(assuming) up top Hazard and James will have free attacking roles to roam and find mismatches and holes in the D. People wont be able to man mark hazard with James floating around with him, it would be very dangerous. It is a luxury that can be afforded due to Kante and Bakayoko(assuming) protecting the space behind them. 

to the best of my knowledge we don't play 3-5-2 and I fail to see how we will this season with James. Also, in our current system the only player in a free role in Hazard, the right winger has loads of responsibility. We would never leave Moses that exposed on the right.

Kante and Bakayoko I see as ball retrievers and solidity in the middle, similar to how the.... spurs  deployed  Dembele and Wanyama. You didn't get a ton of creativity but the ball retention was relentless.

Supermonkey92 likes this

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

to the best of my knowledge we don't play 3-5-2 and I fail to see how we will this season with James. Also, in our current system the only player in a free role in Hazard, the right winger has loads of responsibility. We would never leave Moses that exposed on the right.

Kante and Bakayoko I see as ball retrievers and solidity in the middle, similar to how the.... spurs  deployed  Dembele and Wanyama. You didn't get a ton of creativity but the ball retention was relentless.

When Conte would substitute Fabregas on for Pedro it would be similar to a 352, James would be used similarly to Fabregas perhaps? and I think James can play that right side attacker with some free responsibility, Conte wants his attackers to drift in and have the wing backs create the width which Moses did well for most of the year. I think if you swap Pedro for James we get more dangerous going forward, i don't think it will expose moses as Kante will still be on his side behind the attackers. It is an interesting question that I might not have the clearest answer for but IF the rumours linking him to us are true and he is who Conte wants I am sure the Boss knows what he wants to do. We shall see my friend!

13 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

When Conte would substitute Fabregas on for Pedro it would be similar to a 352, James would be used similarly to Fabregas perhaps? and I think James can play that right side attacker with some free responsibility, Conte wants his attackers to drift in and have the wing backs create the width which Moses did well for most of the year. I think if you swap Pedro for James we get more dangerous going forward, i don't think it will expose moses as Kante will still be on his side behind the attackers. It is an interesting question that I might not have the clearest answer for but IF the rumours linking him to us are true and he is who Conte wants I am sure the Boss knows what he wants to do. We shall see my friend!

This rarely happened and was mostly designed to kill a game. Most of what you're talking about here is offense, but the game is played at both ends. Of course the RW can drift inside, I don't know any winger that is told strictly to stay out wide anymore. The problem is when we are not in possession you need someone to help Moses and get after the winger or FB. Pedro was hugely effective in this capacity not to mention the guy who would first release when we want to counter attack. I just don't buy that we are interested in James when our game is more about speed and incisiveness. 

11 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

This rarely happened and was mostly designed to kill a game. Most of what you're talking about here is offense, but the game is played at both ends. Of course the RW can drift inside, I don't know any winger that is told strictly to stay out wide anymore. The problem is when we are not in possession you need someone to help Moses and get after the winger or FB. Pedro was hugely effective in this capacity not to mention the guy who would first release when we want to counter attack. I just don't buy that we are interested in James when our game is more about speed and incisiveness. 

You bring up a fantastic point, and to answer your question before as to why I'm not pushing for James too much, I think this is it. But, saying that, he would add a different dimension to our game. What would be interesting - Fabregas, Hazard and James linking up for example. Destroying low block teams for fun. Maybe Conte has his sights on that. Because of that, I could understand why Conte would go after him and I would certainly welcome the signing. Would be interesting to say the least. 

Fernando and Chelsea Legend 11 like this

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

You bring up a fantastic point, and to answer your question before as to why I'm not pushing for James too much, I think this is it. But, saying that, he would add a different dimension to our game. What would be interesting - Fabregas, Hazard and James linking up for example. Destroying low block teams for fun. Maybe Conte has his sights on that. Because of that, I could understand why Conte would go after him and I would certainly welcome the signing. Would be interesting to say the least. 

I don't claim to be any expert but James is just as one dimensional as Fabregas and his fee would make him an automatic starter, no? I wouldn't mind him but not for the extortionist prices Real seem to think he's worth. 45m is as high as I would go mainly because he doesn't strike me as a perfect fit in our current system

Some have suggested we might play with three midfielders next season, I think Hamsik would be much better choice for that creator role.  Verratti or Koke obviously wont come.

He is in prime years and while he kind of faded off in previous two years, he has been imense this season. 

Conte knows him well too and he is a leader and quite a fighter; we might need one with Costa leaving.

I dont think Napoli will sell him tho and he seems to like it there, but if we were linked, I would prefer him to James tbh.

On 6/15/2017 at 2:18 PM, akgw13 said:

Remember we basically play with a back 5 and with Hazard and James ALL defensive responsibility will fail to Kante and Bakayoko. Hazard essentially played like a second striker just on the left. You can't have that on the right, Pedro worked like a dog. 

With James in the team, Kante and Bakayolo will have the job a traditional 4 man midfield had to protect the defence. Suicide. 

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Some have suggested we might play with three midfielders next season, I think Hamsik would be much better choice for that creator role.  Verratti or Koke obviously wont come.

He is in prime years and while he kind of faded off in previous two years, he has been imense this season. 

Conte knows him well too and he is a leader and quite a fighter; we might need one with Costa leaving.

I dont think Napoli will sell him tho and he seems to like it there, but if we were linked, I would prefer him to James tbh.

Personally I am a much bigger fan of Jorginho then Hamsik, I believe he would a huge hit at Chelsea. 

On 15. 06. 2017. at 3:35 PM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I highly disagree. Why the hell are we playing 3-4-3, with three central-backs, two defensive midfielders and defensively ok-ish full backs if we cannot give massive (but not complete) freedom to our front three?

Pedro being workhorse in this system is bonus, not pure necessity. Also, we are not that good with the ball at feet, so it's understandable that we will have to use Pedro massively in both directions, to compensate our attacking flaws and lost balls. Next season, if we get Bakayoko and for example - James, ball control and our possession game would be better, so front three really wouldn't need to work defensively THAT much, only basic things.

The James rumors sure died down quickly. Haven't heard anything since that single day the rumors started last week.

On 16/06/2017 at 4:06 PM, Pizy said:

The James rumors sure died down quickly. Haven't heard anything since that single day the rumors started last week.

This could be a 'good' thing. 

Apparently James is not a priority for PSG. It's between us and United. Hope we can make this happen.