Premier League thread

Jase

Just saw the line up Liverpool started with last night and I honestly think they will struggle this season. Yes they have some good players like Coutinho but they haven't replaced Suarez as yet and to be honest they look awful at the back. That won't be quickly fixed by Manquilo either.

United improving this season under a better manager is expected but they have done rather well in pre-season and are beginning to worry me a little. I know it's only pre-season and all but think they will put in a strong challenge for the Top 4(at the very least), if not possibly even the title especially if Van Gaal were to get a few more players in.

Just seen the highlights of the game last night.....The first challenge on Sterling wasn't a penalty and it was given, then the challenge on Hernandez was a blatant penalty and wasn't given and the cross that hit the cross section of the goal, the ball went out, bounced back into play, Rooney tapped in, the ref gave it and then the linesman cancelled it out.

:clap: :clap:

Pre-season full of awesome refs and officials.

United improving this season under a better manager is expected but they have done rather well in pre-season and are beginning to worry me a little. I know it's only pre-season and all but think they will put in a strong challenge for the Top 4(at the very least), if not possibly even the title especially if Van Gaal were to get a few more players in.

Remains to be seen how PL teams play that 3 def.

There's always space to exploit on the wings in that formation, and wing play is one of the strong points of many teams in the league.

Remains to be seen how PL teams play that 3 def.

There's always space to exploit on the wings in that formation, and wing play is one of the strong points of many teams in the league.

True and not to mention the narrowness of the formation. We suffered quite a bit under Ancelotti when he used his diamond system. But if the back 3 doesn't work, then I don't think it will take long for Van Gaal to change his system anyway.

Southampton can spend lavishly, not only have they sold excellently, they also have a billionaire owner. They can get much better players than our u21s.

Edit (not to you specifically but to those who think Soton are struggling) - plus add to the fact that they've already replaced Lallana and Lambert with two equally as good players in Tadic and Pelle. They really won't struggle as much as people are saying they will. Bertrand is an ok replacement for Shaw, Clyne is still there so Chambers doesn't need to be replaced... That's pretty much 4/5 players replaced - they're fine.

They've lost the spine of their team, they've lost their manager and they haven't replaced them adequately whilst they could still lose Schneiderlin and Rodriguez (who is going to miss the first couple of months of the season anyway).

They have lost their Chief Exec who was key to much of what they are doing, there's rumours of discontent amongst the academy and despite comments to the contrary they have an owner who looks like she's liquidising the assets before selling what's left.

If they're not in a relegation fight next season then Koeman deserves manager of the season....but my feeling is that they're in trouble.

They can spend lavishly, of course they can. But we all saw how that ended up with Spurs last season. Too much too quick for me.

To be honest, the spurs signings looked worse because neither AvB nor Sherwood knew what they were doing

With Pochettino, it'll be interesting to see how Spurs progress this season...from what i've heard, he gets that little bit extra out of decent players

To be honest, the spurs signings looked worse because neither AvB nor Sherwood knew what they were doing

With Pochettino, it'll be interesting to see how Spurs progress this season...from what i've heard, he gets that little bit extra out of decent players

I also heard a vicious rumor that Lamela has scored a goal this pre season.......Pochettino must be good.

BuN2_peCYAAY59G.jpg

City still have the strongest squad, by far...

With all this players we help them win the league[emoji33] we all know if we have half their striker we could have taken the league by storm, I see no difference in what is going to happen since Jose is still here and a descent striker I will hold head high over them

They've lost the spine of their team, they've lost their manager and they haven't replaced them adequately whilst they could still lose Schneiderlin and Rodriguez (who is going to miss the first couple of months of the season anyway).

They have lost their Chief Exec who was key to much of what they are doing, there's rumours of discontent amongst the academy and despite comments to the contrary they have an owner who looks like she's liquidising the assets before selling what's left.

If they're not in a relegation fight next season then Koeman deserves manager of the season....but my feeling is that they're in trouble.

I'm looking at their squad now and they still have a better team than a lot PL sides. Sure, they've lost their spine but as I said, they've replaced well. Tadic and Pelle are great replacements for

Lallana and Lambert. Koeman isn't a bad manager - Chambers won't be missed as they have Clyne. Bertrand is not a bad replacement for Shaw...

If you look at their potential starting XI right now it's not too bad at all, especially if they manage to hold onto Schneiderlin and Rodriguez:

Pelle

Tadic - Ward-Prowse - Rodriguez

Wanyama - Schneiderlin

Bertrand - New CB - Fonte - Clyne

New GK

Unless Koeman can't bring it together... This team is too strong to go down IMO. Still a lot stronger than half the PL teams out there. For me there is no threat of relegation for them.

I'm looking at their squad now and they still have a better team than a lot PL sides. Sure, they've lost their spine but as I said, they've replaced well. Tadic and Pelle are great replacements for

Lallana and Lambert. Koeman isn't a bad manager - Chambers won't be missed as they have Clyne. Bertrand is not a bad replacement for Shaw...

If you look at their potential starting XI right now it's not too bad at all, especially if they manage to hold onto Schneiderlin and Rodriguez:

Pelle

Tadic - Ward-Prowse - Rodriguez

Wanyama - Schneiderlin

Bertrand - New CB - Fonte - Clyne

New GK

Unless Koeman can't bring it together... This team is too strong to go down IMO. Still a lot stronger than half the PL teams out there. For me there is no threat of relegation for them.

Rodriguez is out injured until at least October in all likelihood. Schneiderlin has handed in a transfer request and Fonte is wanted by Cardiff.

The club is being torn apart not just on the pitch but also in the boardroom. On paper they have a decent team but there's so much turmoil at that club that you can't help but think they're going to be in trouble.