Premier League thread

Jase

It isnt important who we face and when, whats important is our form and their form when we play.

I guess we will look more into rotation this time, also we should beat more small teams, main reason we lost title last year. This season should be fun :)

"Mourinho may well have a legitimate claim to call foul play when he sees what lies in the store for Chelsea. The games that take place on weekend after European games are usually the battleground for grievances and Chelsea's fixtures following their Champions League group games are as follows: Manchester City (away); Arsenal (home); Manchester United (away); Liverpool (away); Sunderland (away) and Hull City (home)." :doh:

Hopefully Chelsea will get a decent draw in the Champions League then.

Chelsea

Schalke/Shakhtar/Zenit/Basel

Olympiakos/Sporting/CSKA/Galatasaray

Steaua/APOEL/Salzburg/BATE Borisov/Anderlecht

A lot of people here focussing on the entire season. No matter the configuration to win the Premier League you have to be mentally tough and consider that no game is going to be easy. If you adopt the 'one game at a time model' the weight of it all won't impact as much.

We have newly promoted Burnley to start, they won't camp out inside their 18, they will want to come out and give the home fans a show. Whose hands does that play into? Chelsea with Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Costa, Fab and Matic? or Burnley?

COME ON CHELSEA!

Hopefully Chelsea will get a decent draw in the Champions League then.

Chelsea

Schalke/Shakhtar/Zenit/Basel

Olympiakos/Sporting/CSKA/Galatasaray

Steaua/APOEL/Salzburg/BATE Borisov/Anderlecht

Pretty far distance to travel bro! those won't be easy

IMO we SHOULD win the league, but will fall short! (again)

Yeah, unless Torres gets the nod ahead of Diego Costa or Lukaku, or whoever we bring in as a striker.

Without him winning corners like in Munich, working his arse off and providing loads of assists, how could we possibly win the League?

#sackJose #inFT9wetrust #rememberTHATcornerinMunich #FT94ever #TorresFC

Yeah, unless Torres gets the nod ahead of Diego Costa or Lukaku, or whoever we bring in as a striker.

Without him winning corners like in Munich, working his arse off and providing loads of assists, how could we possibly win the League?

#sackJose #inFT9wetrust #rememberTHATcornerinMunich #FT94ever #TorresFC

Who mentioned Torres? cause it wasn't me? you seem to have too much time on your hands there...

Who mentioned Torres? cause it wasn't me? you seem to have too much time on your hands there...

I didn't claim that you mentioned Torres mate. But you indirectly keep bashing Mourinho and the team, and praise Torres for even the tiniest achievements. Bugger off.

I have too much time on my hands, coming from a Torres fanboy. Wow. Don't have a comeback for that, so I'll just let it sink in...

Not sure if you're serious, but in the most competitive and difficult league in the world, we won three titles in a decade and you think that's massive under-achievement? I think you're dismissing our competition and the strength of this league. This isn't Ligue 1 or Euredivisie. Or even La Liga and Calcio that normally have two teams running for the title, so it's a 50/50 run. This league is much closer and therefore having three titles in 10 attempts seem like just an amazing achievement of a team that literally went through a make over. You don't simply inject money and the titles start piling up. It takes time and I think we did very well given our competition...

Never like this sort of "holier than thou" talk. Anything that starts with "This isn't..." is so belittling. Its not hard to imagine that a team that has spent as much as Chelsea have under achieved a bit.

Never like this sort of "holier than thou" talk. Anything that starts with "This isn't..." is so belittling. Its not hard to imagine that a team that has spent as much as Chelsea have under achieved a bit.

It's no holier than thou talking. it's simple basic math with basic odds analysis. a league where you have more than 2 teams running for the title is obviously harder to win. A league that divides money more fairly have better 'weaker' sides that lead top teams to drop more points. why do you think EPL often has champions with much less points except for the odd outstanding champion here and there?

Did I say the best? no, just the strongest and hardest. that's easily proved by numbers and has nothing to do with opinion.

The opinion came from the idea that 3 titles out of 10 is massive under-achievement. I think that's crazy and even a bit spoiled.

And to say we underachieved based in the investmens is not only spoiled but also foolish when at least other two teams also made big investments. City injected more money than us in the last few years...