• Lampard
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Ba (sub)

The draw was a joke I said it exactly before it was drawn, total set up all PL teams playing each other and us getting City, the balls must vibrate or something total stitch up and I was hoping we might win Fa cup

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The draw was a joke I said it exactly before it was drawn, total set up all PL teams playing each other and us getting City, the balls must vibrate or something total stitch up and I was hoping we might win Fa cup

You sure have a lot of faith in the team.

Schürrles role is also different to Oscars and Hazard. Schürrle tries to get behind the defenders and waits for the pass, or he also often went in to the centre. he isnt dropping deep to get the Ball like Oscar or Hazard. He had a decent game, nothing special, but not bad either. Futhermore he still adapts to the league etc. I am sure he will play better rather sooner than later.

The problem of schurrle is that many teams sit back when playing against Chelsea and he's not very comfortable in tight spaces.

With Salah coming that is left-footed, he has a player that will compete with him for that role on the right and Salah is faster.

You sure have a lot of faith in the team.

I would love to think we have what it takes but come on if everyone is honest they are the most difficult team. There strikers are so good and ours are frankly so inconsistent.

I hope for a good day and a good result

good game for Matic.

However, city will be the first real test for him....

Hazard motm.

We played arsenal thought it was a real test nope, played limpool thought it was a real test nope, we played Man U thought it was a real test!! once again nope if we beat man city will this be the final test!!?? Or what you all think

There was absolutely nothing in the 5th or 10th minute, infact i didn't hear about Mata once. There was defiently no chants showing frustration at Jose.

I heard there was going to be a chant for Jose on the 51st minute for his birthday, not chants against him. But didn't hear that either. Thought it was generally quite overall which you might have expected with the week Chelsea fans have had.

Didn't happen. Not one mention of it on Twitter.

No mention on Twitter? That settles it then! :clown:

I think 1-0 doesn't do us justice again. Thought there was some really good play at times and Stoke rarely troubled us, there a side that is trying to play better football but it's like telling a fat lass not to buy anything in McDonalds.....it just doesn't happen.

I would love to think we have what it takes but come on if everyone is honest they are the most difficult team. There strikers are so good and ours are frankly so inconsistent.

I hope for a good day and a good result

You are forgetting they have Barcelona 3 days later - they WILL have to rest some players...

I think CL is what City crave, like us until Munich - so you know they will have to focus on that game.

It's not one single thing that gives you the edge, it's loads of tiny things all culminating together - and this could be an ideal opportunity for us to exploit a slightly weaker team on the day. Also it's our dream counter-attacking ground, as they are so used to winning, they will push up and leave space - Hazard and Willian will have a lot of space.

My only concern is striker - we need a clinical finisher on top of their game at City. That's the only issue I currently see about us not progressing...

Cole really impressed me this week. Seems he has turned it up since being dropped. Matic was a boss. Can't wait to put him up against Toure. Oscar was his usual self and Hazard is going to be scary soon. Apart from the procrastinating in front of goal, we were very strong. Amazing the difference you have when your midfield don't get bullied off the ball.

Was at this game and also Man Utd. What an experience.

Couple things I noticed with Matic and Lamps was it wasn't really a pivot. I would say Lamps was given license to get forward at will and Matic hung back and cleaned up. At different stages of the game it looked like 4-1-1-3-1 (if that makes sense) or 4-1-4-1.

As many have said Matic adds another dimension to the team as a whole. The ball retrieval and tackling is something we've lacked for some time. I like Mikel, he is great at protecting the back 4 but Matic has that and also possesses box to box awareness and skill. I really think we have a nice compliment of midfielders and that Matic - Ramires will be deadly in a few games.

Hazard.... Watching this kid up close and personal for the first time has given me a new appreciation for his talent. The TV doesn't lie so for those of you who haven't seen him its as brilliant as it is on TV but his awareness and movement into dangerous areas and vision is next level. That is the stuff the camera can't capture. He pretty much beat everyone on the pitch at least once (had some trouble with palacios), and left more than a mark on the game. He is without a doubt our most indispensable player and every effort needs to be made to keep him.

just for curiosity sake I'd like to see Luiz-Matic-Ramires as our three mids against City. Feel like the way to beat them is to crowd the midfield and take away some of Yaya's space when trying to initiate the attacks. I know its ultra defensive but that mix of players, I think, can neutralize what City like to do well.

We played arsenal thought it was a real test nope, played limpool thought it was a real test nope, we played Man U thought it was a real test!! once again nope if we beat man city will this be the final test!!?? Or what you all think

i said first real test for Matic.