Jase

Man of the Match  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent got Jose's idea of starting with 3 CM's.. we are a team who rely on the link up play between our AM's, and playing with only 2 AM's against a side that playing very deep and defensive is just making it a lot harder and for nothing, because they are a very poor side offensively.

Our hugh strikers problem is not that we dont have a WC striker, the problem is that all of our strikers are abysmal finishers. If we had an OK finisher it would actually be fine for the moment.. my point is that yes - its our fault that we havent brought a top striker, but we are also very unlucky that Eto'o and Ba revealed to be that poor infront of goal.

Pretty perfect game apart from Torres doing a Torres yet again, fucktard. Willian and Oscar were superb, not sure who to go for for man of the match but i think i'll go for Willian. He has a very similar burst of speed to Hazard and he does it with minimum fuss, loved watching him the last few weeks.

Credit to Derby too, really good side that i hope come up. Good game.

I went for Oscar just ahead of Willian

good result. but it was kinda embarassing to see that we cant produce anything against a championship side when Hazard is not playing to be honest...

good result. but it was kinda embarassing to see that we cant produce anything against a championship side when Hazard is not playing to be honest...

It was also a bit to do with Ramires on the wing and Essien in midfield.

We did produce chances. Don't see how it's embarrassing in the slightest - you know we own Hazard and we needed him to beat Sunderland in the league who aren't much better (if at all) than Derby at the moment.

Credit to Derby by the way. Played some nice football and did well to push us. Credit to the away fans too.

poor first half. poor team selection from the gaffer, but job done in the end.

schwarzer - comfortable performance and another clean sheet for the aussie. 7/10

cole - good performance by the veteran. brilliant interception in the first half. seemed very tired towards the end and let them run a couple of times but a deserved week's rest. 8/10

luiz - a hot and cold performance. gave the ball away once, got nut megged before mikel tackled the attacker. not a performance that would see him displacing GC. 6/10

GC - another good and solid performance. brilliant from the CB. 8/10

azpi - endless running. should be our first choice RB without a doubt. 8/10

essien - another poor performance. cant wait for the day he leaves now. slow, pedestrian and simply does not give us anything. 5/10

mikel - brilliant performance. his long passing today was phenomenol. couple of change of plays and that long ball to willian was simply perfect. broke the play too and crowned it all with a goal. a brilliant tackle when luiz and cole lost their man. MOTM. 9/10

ramires - very poor performance on the wings. cant understand the logic to play rambo on the wings with players like mata, kdb, schurrle available. 6/10

oscar - only one who was creating in the first half. always looked like scoring and did so in the end. good performance. 8/10

willian - brilliant workrate but some of his decision making in the last third is SHOCKING. nonetheless, he and oscar seem to have some brilliant understanding. 7/10

etoo - oh please. do i really need to. hopeless, useless, pathetic.

subs -

hazard - influenced the game like u would expect him to. a couple of times he should have taken a shot but just passed but a good super-sub performance. 8/10

torres - could not get as much purchase as i had expected against a side looking to score a goal and when we were countering. lost the ball a couple fo time. 6/10

baker -n/a

jose- very poor team selection. no bertrand, and kalas while continuing azpi. rambo on the wings. and i dont give him the credit for the sub cos it was too obvious. 5/10

We did produce chances. Don't see how it's embarrassing in the slightest - you know we own Hazard and we needed him to beat Sunderland in the league who aren't much better (if at all) than Derby at the moment.

Credit to Derby by the way. Played some nice football and did well to push us. Credit to the away fans too.

Exactly its not like Derby are a non league side or anything like that.They made it hard as was expected.Nothing new we've had games like this in the past where we have had to bring on our best players to win it.No shock and we got a win..hurrah