Jase

Man of the Match  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen son, I'd like to carry on this battle of wits but apparently you're unarmed...

Anyway thought Eto'o had an average game starved for service and not clinical when it arrived. Hazard came on and we had more space for everyone.

good team win,

Father, I just dint think it necessary to bring my A-game for u.

As for etoo, he had a dreadful game. Could not hold the ball, has lost tons of pace (pretty evident from the chance he got in the first half where despite being in about 20meters of space he could not get a shot off). His movement was pedestrian ans hence oscar had to settle for long range shots or a simple wide pass to rambo/azpi most of the times. He had no impact on the game whatsoever, atleast no positive impact.

But do agree with your last statement thiugh

Father, I just dint think it necessary to bring my A-game for u.

As for etoo, he had a dreadful game. Could not hold the ball, has lost tons of pace (pretty evident from the chance he got in the first half where despite being in about 20meters of space he could not get a shot off). His movement was pedestrian ans hence oscar had to settle for long range shots or a simple wide pass to rambo/azpi most of the times. He had no impact on the game whatsoever, atleast no positive impact.

But do agree with your last statement thiugh

These two comments not only expose how little you actually saw of the match but also how little you know about breaking down a team who play with an EXTREMELY low block... 10 men in the box.

I've watched the game twice you be happy to know, since you're a Chelsea fan and not some silly fanboy that Eto'o actually gave a the ball ONCE in 65mins on the pitch. So where did you get this "he couldn't hold the ball" bit?

The chance he had on goal was simply a case of him not settling the ball. his touch let him down not his pace.

Eto'o was marked by three people all match he played more false 9 than actual 9. When teams defend as deep as Derby did there is little that can be done to break them down. No CF would be able to find space to exploit, as a result we were left with shooting from distance. There were a few instances in the second half that would show you how Eto'o was used as a false 9. There were a few counters where he was found out in wide positions and still had the attention of two defenders. He also played some decent first time balls to Oscar and Willian only to have them play wayward balls that got intercepted.

As soon as Hazard came in we had natural width and were able to get the necessary space for our attacks to exploit... football 101.

I will always say a striker needs to score in order to fulfill his duties, he didn't so at best he was average but all your comments are cliche/"I heard Ian Darke say this so" which show you're still learning the game.

These two comments not only expose how little you actually saw of the match but also how little you know about breaking down a team who play with an EXTREMELY low block... 10 men in the box.

I've watched the game twice you be happy to know, since you're a Chelsea fan and not some silly fanboy that Eto'o actually gave a the ball ONCE in 65mins on the pitch. So where did you get this "he couldn't hold the ball" bit?

The chance he had on goal was simply a case of him not settling the ball. his touch let him down not his pace.

Eto'o was marked by three people all match he played more false 9 than actual 9. When teams defend as deep as Derby did there is little that can be done to break them down. No CF would be able to find space to exploit, as a result we were left with shooting from distance. There were a few instances in the second half that would show you how Eto'o was used as a false 9. There were a few counters where he was found out in wide positions and still had the attention of two defenders. He also played some decent first time balls to Oscar and Willian only to have them play wayward balls that got intercepted.

As soon as Hazard came in we had natural width and were able to get the necessary space for our attacks to exploit... football 101.

I will always say a striker needs to score in order to fulfill his duties, he didn't so at best he was average but all your comments are cliche/"I heard Ian Darke say this so" which show you're still learning the game.

very true dude. i mean in all my life i have never seen a CF who has scored against a team that has played a low block. oh wait!!!!!! what an argument.

and etoo played as a false 9? etoo was supposed to be our ST, we dint play a false 9. where did u get that idea. if he was loitering on the wings, it was cos he could get no purchase against the CBs not cos he was employed as a false 9.

also etoo was marked by 3 men, still our mids could not get any space between the derby defence, exagerration much!!!

as for his "first time decent balls", are u talking about his simply passes?cos i dont remember any of etoo's passes leaving us in a scoring oppurtunity or even close to that.

as for the chance, his touch was poor but if he had the pace of THE ETOO in his prime (2007, i would say), he would have made up for it, if u think the etoo of today has the same pace, then u have not watched him, AT ALL.

all u have done here is give reasons of why he could not be of any use yesterday (just like a lot of torres fanboys do), and exaggerate the role of defences (marked by 3 men, LOL, i doubt if any team would even mark MESSI with 3 men forget about etoo), and then exponentially increasing the importance of etoo's passes (first time decent passes). all in all, he played 65 minutes, and could not score. if he was playing as a false 9, he could score and created zilch and had absolutely no imapct on the game.

A great day out yesterday first and foremost. Derby has some good boozers.

As for the game, delighted we got the win. Always felt the goal would come, I can't emphasise enough how happy I was that John Obi got it! Oscar lucky with his but his overall performance merited a goal, as did Willian's who unfortunately didn't score. Hazard did very well from the bench. With my man Mata out of favour it's looking like the Brazilian-Belgian attacking midfield three is our best recipe right now, they are all in good form. Very disappointed in Ramires for his dive, was right in front of me. Copped a fair bit of abuse and deservedly so. Defensively we were rock solid once again.

Derby played well but we controlled the game. Hughes looks a tidy, intelligent player who clearly has great potential.

Mikel my man of the match, probably not totally warranted for his performance compared to the Brazilian attacking duo but HE SCORED! So I'll give it to him for that.

By the way, this is what I said in the pre-match thread - 'Pretty confident of a win but it won't be easy unless we score early. 0-2 with both goals coming in the last half hour.'

#MysticMeg :D

very true dude. i mean in all my life i have never seen a CF who has scored against a team that has played a low block. oh wait!!!!!! what an argument.

and etoo played as a false 9? etoo was supposed to be our ST, we dint play a false 9. where did u get that idea. if he was loitering on the wings, it was cos he could get no purchase against the CBs not cos he was employed as a false 9.

also etoo was marked by 3 men, still our mids could not get any space between the derby defence, exagerration much!!!

as for his "first time decent balls", are u talking about his simply passes?cos i dont remember any of etoo's passes leaving us in a scoring oppurtunity or even close to that.

as for the chance, his touch was poor but if he had the pace of THE ETOO in his prime (2007, i would say), he would have made up for it, if u think the etoo of today has the same pace, then u have not watched him, AT ALL.

all u have done here is give reasons of why he could not be of any use yesterday (just like a lot of torres fanboys do), and exaggerate the role of defences (marked by 3 men, LOL, i doubt if any team would even mark MESSI with 3 men forget about etoo), and then exponentially increasing the importance of etoo's passes (first time decent passes). all in all, he played 65 minutes, and could not score. if he was playing as a false 9, he could score and created zilch and had absolutely no imapct on the game.

You have no idea what you're talking about, no surprise its clear you're still learning the game. I'll leave it at that... the finer points of the game are clearly well over you're head

You have no idea what you're talking about, no surprise its clear you're still learning the game. I'll leave it at that... the finer points of the game are clearly well over you're head

Ok dude. And u know all about football. Probably jose asks u before taking any decision.

There is one thing to give an opinion which I do, and another to toot your own horn. But yes, keep living with your delusions of granduer.