Derby 0-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

It was a very boring match in the first half, but with Ramires messing up the right wing, I didn't expect anything different.

Oscar and Willian carried the team in those 45 minutes, but we had no penetration and although our shots were all off target, they weren't that bad (they were close), but we were toothless, although never looked threatened either.

I would have gone with Mata instead of Eden, simply because I thought this match fit him better, but ofc one can't never complain when Hazard gets in (although I also think he could have used the rest). Eden gave us more directness and Willian and Oscar carried on from their first half displays. I voted for Oscar, simply because of the goal. He and Willian were the men of the match imo and getting Ramires off of the wing the necessary fix from Mourinho's part (I still can't understand why he insists with this formation. Although it did work a couple of times in the past, it made no sense to do it against Derby).

Torres and Eto'o were both embarrassing, but then again, that's not really something out of norm. Enough to get into the next stage, but I don't need more than that right now.

edit: Only now I saw the vid with Torres' miss. Yeah, the keeper touched it so I trackback on my comment on him, but Eto'o was awful.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else laugh hysterically when Torres missed that open net sitter?

Did all the hard work to round the keeper and then the ball hits his own foot and bounces away.

Wrong. Didn't hit his own foot. Goalkeeper's legs poked it out.

My life is unfair, every time Mikel(captain leader legend) scores i couldn't watch that match.

i probably will get laid when i see a match live!

Goals video

http://football-talk.co.uk/87197/video-goals-derby-0-2-chelsea-mikel-oscar-send-blues-through/

I think Mark deserves at least a 9/10 he had some great saves, was very strong considering he has to just come in after not playing in ages

I thought his distribution was not good enough to merit a 9/10 - particularly towards our left flank!

Wrong. Didn't hit his own foot. Goalkeeper's legs poked it out.

Streams vs HD TV...

thats the difference.

its ok, when I can afford 4k, Im going to start saying 4k vs 1080p.

Streams vs HD TV...

thats the difference.

I was watching in tv and still thought it was a Torres error. Commentators didn't say anything about the keeper and they didn't show a single replay for me. I was wrong, then.

I was watching in tv and still thought it was a Torres error. Commentators didn't say anything about the keeper and they didn't show a single replay for me. I was wrong, then.

If you were watching on Fox Sport 1, they did show a replay & the commentators mentioned the fact that 'the GK got a foot in dere'

Found it difficult in the first half with a lot of bodies in the way but we got there in the end. Derby were nowhere near as good as the commentators seemed to think, as we dictated for the majority and forced them into long-balls. They were good defensively while it lasted.

Willian was an absolute menace again. I thought he might be tired from being used quite a bit recently, but he just kept running. Just as important to the team now as Hazard and Oscar. Brilliant, brilliant player. His natural ability is amazing, but I can't help thinking if he would be even better if he developed in a better league? Scary thought!

On another note, isn't it such a relief to have someone like Mark as a second keeper? Love it.

Good game all round and good results over the course of the hectic Christmas period. Plenty of rest for between our next couple of fixtures can only help!

they replayed it on foxsports1....

What channel were you watching it from?

On another note, isn't it such a relief to have someone like Mark as a second keeper? Love it.

Absolutely! He's calm, collected and brings confidence to the defense. Great to know we have a decent back-up.

Etoo was shocking again today we literally were playing with 10 men for first 60 mins. Yes admittedly Torres wasn't great but Etoo is really awful.

I do worry how we are going to win with such poor strikers if we aren't going to sign anyone :(

They keep going on about our lack of strikers goals surely we have set some record for all the OTHER people who have scored, lol

Anyone else laugh hysterically when Torres missed that open net sitter?

Did all the hard work to round the keeper and then the ball hits his own foot and bounces away.

I never laughed at all, I really wanted him to score..

Good save by the keeper though...