test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil Driver

Seamus Coleman

Started by Phil Driver,

62 posts in this topic

I can't see us buying Coleman, even though he is one of the best RB's in the prem. Ivanovic is playing like a monster at the moment, and even though he is not getting any younger, he still has 1+ season on top level. Even after that we have Azpi taking over, and imagine him being on his natural position - what a treat! And with Felipe Luis on the bench at the moment, I couldn't see us spending 20+ mil on Coleman.

Coleman is prob the best attacking fullback in the league. The problem is Jose doesn't like attacking fullback - just take a look at who he employs as our fullbacks and who he signed as well.

He's bomb going forward he's owned almost all the defenses in the premier league.. he would make our right flank deadly in attacks and he's also a quite good defender.

But the thing is we've already got 2 of the very good RB's in our team. So there is no real need at all. I would rather prefer a Center back than a right back which is the position we are limited, Zouma is good but I dunno he's yet a quality to replace probably the best CB pairing in PL.

I feel that £20M is a joke price for a player who has had one 'good' season in the PL.

Sure he's a decent player but I doubt he'd ever start ahead of Ivanovic or Azpilicueta to be honest and quite frankly I'd prefer we got value for money. If you said to me we could pay £20M for Seamus Coleman or £20M for, lets say, Juanfran from Atletico (not literally but someone of that level), well you'd have to be daft to pick Coleman in my eyes.

British players are overpriced, that won't change.

I thought I was the only one.. He played for Silgo Rovers until the age of 20. Is playing in Ireland count?

Instead of answering with a link, the answer is "no" because only players from either Wales or England, or those who were trained (as youth) for a number of years either of those lands count as homegrown.

I am not sure what Chelsea's next moves will be, but I think better quality for RW and some better quality depth for CM will be the priorities, assuming Mikel leaves.