Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Marco playing in that box to box role next to Matic sounds appealing to me if hes fit enough to start again Liverpool. The two of them together would be good; two strong, powerful, athletic players with good technical ability surely couldn't be too bad an idea?

You get the feeling that could be the clever stroke to sneak away with a result at Anfield.

Marco playing in that box to box role next to Matic sounds appealing to me if hes fit enough to start again Liverpool. The two of them together would be good; two strong, powerful, athletic players with good technical ability surely couldn't be too bad an idea?

You would think so... But I have a feeling IF he does play that role, he'll have tough time with Liverpool's pressing and the pace at which they play at. He hasn't played a competitive game with the first time for almost 8 months

I'm intrigued to see how he does under that threat

You would think so... But I have a feeling IF he does play that role, he'll have tough time with Liverpool's pressing and the pace at which they play at. He hasn't played a competitive game with the first time for almost 8 months

I'm intrigued to see how he does under that threat

I think if we play on the counter against Liverpool his legs to get back up and down will be very good, hes a box to box midfield player he said that himself in an interview after he just signed and there have been comparisons between him and Frank Lampard in due to that respect so if we are to go with Ba upfront and play a sort of more direct counter attacking style he could be very useful.

Obviously I see us setting up playing 4-3-3 with a strong, robust, energetic midfield containing Marco (if hes match fit), Matic and maybe David Luiz if Mourinho risks going with someone younger next to Cahill like Christensen or Ake but I don't know.

It would be good for him to make his Prem debut this season. It hasn't been the greatest of starts to his Chelsea career, but he looked promising in preseason.

He already made his debut against Hull in the first game of the season, came on as a sub in the second half.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for him, at least it gives him a fighting chance to go to Brazil. Hopefully we can see him getting minutes against cardiff.

We won't, he has already traveled back to the Netherlands according to his FB page.

Didn't make the WC roster:/

Not surprising.. He hasn't played a single minute since september(I mean top football, he played 2-3 matches for the reserves).

He needs to keep working hard and try to convince José in the tour. I think he's gonna make it.

• 2 weeks later...