test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TacticalBlues

Jeremie Boga

Started by TacticalBlues,

663 posts in this topic

I still don't get where the CTV guys took this idea that Boga is in any way similar to Romário.

He could end up being one day, but this video of yours just prove how at the moment they have a few small similarities to them, but in general one doesn't remind me of the other at all.

Agreed!

Boga looks more like Del Piero to me in terms of style. Hard to really draw accurate comparisons this early into his development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqoMlIrSpEo

How does it work now? lets say if mourihno is totally blown out of the water by him, can this guy play 4 the first team or does he have to sign some professional contract first?

I still don't get where the CTV guys took this idea that Boga is in any way similar to Romário.

He could end up being one day, but this video of yours just prove how at the moment they have a few small similarities to them, but in general one doesn't remind me of the other at all.

Similar running & dribbling styles. Same thing with Kun Aguero.

Del Piero & Aguero comparisons come out. Come on guys, let's be calm here. Boga's impressed and all credit to him, but these comparisons are premature and becomes the reason we then turn our backs on these players. We put them on a pedestal too early.

I was waiting for this response. LOL as if I don't know that, we're speaking of his movement on the pitch not the type of player he is going to be.

I was waiting for this response. LOL as if I don't know that, we're speaking of his movement on the pitch not the type of player he is going to be.

it's the same thing, you start with 'he moves like xxxx' then it becomes 'he has potential to be our own xxxxx' and finally, 'he could've been the next xxxx'

it's the same thing, you start with 'he moves like xxxx' then it becomes 'he has potential to be our own xxxxx' and finally, 'he could've been the next xxxx'

Maybe for you... Not for me. And besides what's wrong with projecting what type of player a near 18yr old could potentially be? Are we to wait until he's 27 to make a prediction?

Nobody's putting any unjust expectations on him, he looks a fantastic prospect whether he reaches his potential is completely up to him.

Stats likes this

Maybe for you... Not for me. And besides what's wrong with projecting what type of player a near 18yr old could potentially be? Are we to wait until he's 27 to make a prediction?

Nobody's putting any unjust expectations on him, he looks a fantastic prospect whether he reaches his potential is completely up to him.

Of course there's nothing wrong with projecting the type of player he'll be, but not when it's in comparison to another. How about instead of Del Piero/Aguero, he'll be the new Jeremie Boga :D

Boga = Blunt in portuguese. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Boga = ass hole (as in the hole in the ass, not the jerk) in Brazilian portuguese, carrying on the previous discussion about similarities between the language here and in Portugal.

Not sure if there's another meaning though

Ainsley Harriott likes this

No point getting too attached now. Kakuta also got the same hype about a few years ago but sadly couldn't make it. My advice would be to stay calm and wait for Jose to give a few first team starts.

No point getting too attached now. Kakuta also got the same hype about a few years ago but sadly couldn't make it. My advice would be to stay calm and wait for Jose to give a few first team starts.

Kakuta was always a headless chicken to me to be honest. Pace is fine at youth level, but Boga has a bit more about him than that, naturally creative and such. He could do well if he works hard.

In my opinion its not about how good you do for the U21s, its about how good you do for the first team if you get a chance. Josh and Gael Kakuta looked brilliant players at U21 level but where are they now?