Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

Ramires doesn't even start for us anymore. Willian gets rotated with Schurrle regularly. Reus goes straight into our first XI, without a doubt.

Just because they are Mourinho's favorite player, doesn't mean they will play all the time. The situation with Ramires last season will tell you that and Willian doesn't even always start. Mourinho has been rotating him with Schurrle on the RW since last season.

Okay, fair enough with the Chelsea point. But if we even could offer him the first team spot, than surely Real or Bayern (or Barca) could do that also?

My point still stand then, we don't have any clear advantage to compete with those clubs to sign Reus in the summer.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, fair enough with the Chelsea point. But if we could offer him the first team spot, than surely Real or Bayern (or Barca) could do that also?

Def not for Real and Barca.

Real, if healthy Ronaldo and Bale have to start and James in the middle.

Barca also has Neymar, Messi, Suarez staring.

Bayern is our biggest competition for his signature and tbh I'm pretty sure he'll end up there.

Bayern is our biggest competition for his signature and tbh I'm pretty sure he'll end up there.

Agree, as I have said, if we and Bayern offer all the same thing (wage, bonuses, first team role) to Reus in the summer by paying his buy out, I could see Reus will choose Bayern. That's why I also said, it is our chance in January, as we're on the upper hand than Bayern, we have Schurrle to offer, no Reus buy out clause, Dortmund have the right to accept offer they want only (rejected Bayern offer)

Agree, as I have said, if we and Bayern offer all the same thing (wage, bonuses, first team role) to Reus in the summer by paying his buy out, I could see Reus will choose Bayern. That's why I also said, it is our chance in January, as we're on the upper hand than Bayern, we have Schurrle to offer, no Reus buy out clause, Dortmund have the right to accept offer they want only (rejected Bayern offer)

This won't help us if Reus himself rejects the move to Chelea. I am sure we could convince Dortmund to rather sell to us than to Bayern, who they despise. It is more about how much Rues really is too loyal to BVB to join Bayern. IMO guaranteed first spot for him gives us the advantage over Real. City should not be contender. By january we should be 10+ points above them. Who would choose this over analmost certain EPL crown in his first season?

This won't help us if Reus himself rejects the move to Chelea. I am sure we could convince Dortmund to rather sell to us than to Bayern, who they despise. It is more about how much Rues really is too loyal to BVB to join Bayern. IMO guaranteed first spot for him gives us the advantage over Real. City should not be contender. By january we should be 10+ points above them. Who would choose this over analmost certain EPL crown in his first season?

Yup, that is another case if the player himself don't want to come to us.

Yes, we could convince Dortmund, and saying every bad words about Bayern we want, but that will be nothing as buy out clause means the club have no rights to reject any offer coming in from certain club.

Agree we might be upper hand to compete with Real, even though it is still debatable. But we are even with Bayern, if not in more disadvantage position.

English clubs are not our competitors any days.

So, etc meant Liverpool?

The point was hazard joined chelsea because at his young age he wanted a guaranteed significant role on the squad. At city it would be difficult to start week in and out.

At Chelsea, his competition was benyayoun and kalou....

Edit. AND Marin.

supposedly, DD had a role in getting hazard too. :lol:

Neither are on the same level as Reus. If Schurrle regains his form and starts scoring again, i wouldn't want either of them.

Obviously not, but everyone will want Reus. If we miss on him and Schurrle wont improve, both are interesting options. Cuadrado is fantastic dribbler and Turan is quite some leader in attack, something we lack. He knows how to dictate tempo, only Hazard, Costa and Matic did that for us in big games this season. Also Arda and Cuadrado have tons of stamina and are work horses. Something Mou appreciates alot.

That said, if Schurrle improves, we obviously wont even need another winger, not even Reus. But I have my doubts over Schurrle as his allround play is quite poor and his tracking back is terrible. Neither is he inteligent as Turan, Reus or Cuadrado in attack.

Obviously not, but everyone will want Reus. If we miss on him and Schurrle wont improve, both are interesting options. Cuadrado is fantastic dribbler and Turan is quite some leader in attack, something we lack. He knows how to dictate tempo, only Hazard, Costa and Matic did that for us in big games this season. Also Arda and Cuadrado have tons of stamina and are work horses. Something Mou appreciates alot.

That said, if Schurrle improves, we obviously wont even need another winger, not even Reus. But I have my doubts over Schurrle as his allround play is quite poor and his tracking back is terrible. Neither is he inteligent as Turan, Reus or Cuadrado in attack.

That is quite an exaggeration I must say. His all round play may not be the greatest but is nowhere near 'quite poor'. His tracking back is terrible? If that's the case, doubt Mourinho would have even got him in the first place. And you're underestimating his intelligence when it comes to movement in the attacking third.

People are just fickle over Schurrle. The minute he starts scoring again, people would be championing for us to keep him and sell others instead.

If we can't get Reus we should keep Schurrle and back him AT LEAST until the end of the season. His form at Leverkusen and now and again for us last season proved he has definitely got the capability of being good enough.

I would normally always back the players at the club and give them a proper chance but the temptation of someone as good as Reus for such a small amount of cash relatively is just too much!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You