Fernando Torres

I still don't believe Drogba is gone. I hope he comes back to the coaching staff in few years. I remember slating him when he wasn't doing much at the pitch somewhere around March or whenever but now I wish he would walk around the pitch or do anything just to see him ;(

Torres is definitely back, for real this time. The way how he calmly sent the ball past Buffon last night confirms it. This is the Torres of the Liverpool days.

Since April he has been showing great signs of improvement, and now that Drogba is gone he will be Chelsea's main man next season.

Torres is definitely back, for real this time. The way how he calmly sent the ball past Buffon last night confirms it. This is the Torres of the Liverpool days.

Since April he has been showing great signs of improvement, and now that Drogba is gone he will be Chelsea's main man next season.

Agreed 100%. The lineup of

Torres

Hazard-Mata-Hulk/Marin

Looks more and more deadly considering Torres seems to be back. Goals, creativity and speed everywhere. Plus the possibility of getting a deep lying playmaker. I think it may actually be harder for Torres NOT to score than to score with that behind him.

No doubt he has shown improvements in recent months but till he performs and produces consistently well for us next season, it's best not to jump the gun.

No doubt he has shown improvements in recent months but till he performs and produces consistently well for us next season, it's best not to jump the gun.

Agreed. It was a good 15mins yesterday, but consistency is the key here.

Lets not get ahead of ourselfes now. Yeah, Torres has looked better but to claim that "he's back" is to be abit naive. Lets just comfort ourselfes with that he seems to be ON HIS WAY back but let his performance in the upcoming season prove that.

@manpe: The reason Torres wasn't prefered is because del Bosque is a cunt!

He may be able to score a few goals but i doubt he will ever regain the form he once had.

Even yesterday you can see he lost the pace he once had, that pace was so crucial in his game.

The main problem is what we face week in, week out in the EPL.

Not a lot of teams really allow us much space for the passes in channels he enjoyed at Liverpool - with a bit of injection of pace from our new signings it might create a bit more space for him - but probably around 15 teams in the EPL will play defensive against us without much space. Sure he ain't the player he was pre-injury but he would still be a good player at a team which is allowed to play on the counter. The key for Torres is how quickly Chelsea transitions when we win back the ball, if we transition quickly into attack there might be a bit more space for him to run into - main problem is he is unable to beat most defenders 1 on 1 and he is not confident in front of goal.

He will be our main striker but we need to keep Sturridge around because if he misfires in the first half dozen games - he needs to be benched and used the way Spain used him at the Euro. Bring him on against Tired defenses - sell him off in the winter so we get him off our wage bill.

@Volt-age

Im happy for him and hope this will boost him, but it doesn't change the fact he has made Kalou look like Pele for the last 18 months.

Sorry I don't think so, both players were struggling last season.

I'm not saying that Fernando is the best out there, but it's nice to have a Chelsea man stand out while the many others didn't, that's all. So yeah it's good for his self-esteem and all (Although I think getting 200,000£ a week is enough motivation but whatever). He's our main striker now, so we have to support him once again.

Torres, in his limited playing time this Euro, found a lot of clever ways to get behind defences this tournament. He also found a number of ways behind South Korea's defence in the international friendly pre-Euro. If that's not a good sign, I don't know what is.