Fernando Torres

He'll always get abused here, even if he scored 50 goals next season it'll be "he scored 5 against Sunderland, 4 against Southampton and 3 against Norwich which anyone can do"

He won the Golden boot in a huge tournament, he played probably not even the equivalent of 2 whole games yet he still got the golden boot ahead of so many great players and made a huge impact in the FINAL against a team like Italy. ffs if he played every game he might've got 6 goals and 3 assists. He was good in every match when he was there.

Loved his assist for Mata too, was a truly wonderful moment which i personally loved as a Chelsea fan.

No he won't always get abused here if he scores 50 goals. Torress is just scrutinized more than other players. He is praised more than others on here whenever he has a good game, and his teammates are blamed for his bad perdoemances-sometimes- . I did enjoy seeing his performance today, especially his assist to Mata.

Torres won't be 'back' until we stop jizzing over the fact he got an assist - but instead that Mata scored.

Why isn't his thread all lively?

(Yes, I'm aware Torres also scored.)

That's just cynical. It was a perfectly unselfish pass to a teammate who had a wide open net rather than take a shot from his weak foot against Buffon who had the angle well covered after the initial pass was sent too wide. Torres made the play that gets a goal 95% of the time versus the one that gets a goal maybe 25% of the time, and you're not happy?

He'll always get abused here, even if he scored 50 goals next season it'll be "he scored 5 against Sunderland, 4 against Southampton and 3 against Norwich which anyone can do"

He won the Golden boot in a huge tournament, he played probably not even the equivalent of 2 whole games yet he still got the golden boot ahead of so many great players and made a huge impact in the FINAL against a team like Italy. ffs if he played every game he might've got 6 goals and 3 assists. He was good in every match when he was there.

Loved his assist for Mata too, was a truly wonderful moment which i personally loved as a Chelsea fan.

He played a bit over 2 matches (I think the number was 194 minutes total) and he won the Golden Boot. Give the man some credit FFS.

He played a bit over 2 matches (I think the number was 194 minutes total) and he won the Golden Boot. Give the man some credit FFS.

Not sure if this is a serious post or a joke but that was me giving Torres credit trying to back the poor cunt up.

189. Essentially two matches including stoppage time.

Torres get scrutinised because he's world class. If he was shit like Kalou no one would care if he played like a cunt.

Kalou's done more for this football club than Torres. Don't disrespect the champion by calling him shit.

And don't give me this "he'll get abused even if he scores 50" BS. Everyone knows that's not true

Confused because u quoted me lol but anyway whatever people say, with the right assists and players picking out his runs and actually giving the ball to him, he will score goals. He's been mocked and abused but that's because of the shit players we had on the wings not helping him or being good enough to pick his clever runs out.

Glad the likes of Kalou and Malouda are probably going and Sturridge can hopefully grow up a bit and stop being a selfish cunt of he'll be the next out. Hazard - Mata - Ramires with Marin there too and maybe de Bruyn. Torres will score goals and all u ppl will realise that the last 18 months wasn't due to Torres being shit, it was because of our shit build up and creative play that didn't suit the way Torres plays.

Probably a loner here but winning the Golden Boot by scoring 2 goals against a poor Ireland side and 1 against Italy who have already given up is hardly anything to shout about!

I don't think you are alone, i don't think it was convincing either.But why take anything away from what he accomplished? Fact is he won the Golden boot, few players have accomplished that, and did really well in the opportunity he was given.

Probably a loner here but winning the Golden Boot by scoring 2 goals against a poor Ireland side and 1 against Italy who have already given up is hardly anything to shout about!

What do you want??? Torres scoring goals in the Euro or Malouda failing to track back??? I will always go for Torres scoring goals & keeping the Blue Flag Flying high!!! Malouda??? He can kick rocks for PSG.

Amazing performance by El Nino today! Im just pissed at del Bosque for not giving him more playtime during the other matches...

And btw, how come Torres won the Golden Boot? What do they look at secondly when several others have the same ammount of goals scored? Was it because he scored in the final?

Amazing performance by El Nino today! Im just pissed at del Bosque for not giving him more playtime during the other matches...

And btw, how come Torres won the Golden Boot? What do they look at secondly when several others have the same ammount of goals scored? Was it because he scored in the final?

He got 3 goals and 1 assist in less minutes than Mario Gomez.