César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

£80k is more than ivanovic!

Pretty sure this isn't true - remember the english press reporting (and still maintaining) we're paying hazard £180-200k pw, when french press believe its closer to £100k pw. I'd be surprised if he was on any more than £40-50k.

if it `s 80,000 a week i bet that price is what it would be in euros

80000 in euros is roughly 64000 in pounds.

if its the wrong way around like 80000 pounds p/w then its just over 100k p/w in euros....

crazy shit for a back up right back who isn't even that good..

I only support this signing because he speaks french and if lukaku goes on loan this will be needed for hazard to settle in better.

Erm, Lukaku isn't the only one in the team who can speak French. Malouda, Essien(if one or both stay), Cech and 1-2 others can speak French too. Some of the staffs and even RDM could probably speak French too and anyway, Hazard is currently learning English. That said, can't see any language issue being a problem of settling in here.

Erm, Lukaku isn't the only one in the team who can speak French. Malouda, Essien(if one or both stay), Cech and 1-2 others can speak French too. Some of the staffs and even RDM could probably speak French too and anyway, Hazard is currently learning English. That said, can't see any language issue being a problem of settling in here.

Does Lukaku even speak French fluently? He is from Anderlecht, which is a Dutch speaking town...

Does Lukaku even speak French fluently? He is from Anderlecht, which is a Dutch speaking town...

he`s done a TV advert in French and when Hazard was asked on CTV if Lukaku was helping him learn English,Hazard said that it wouldn`t work as we would only communicate in French.

although that`s not to give any substance to the idea we are only signing him because he speaks french. all foreign players who can`t speak English will be taught it. it`s been club policy for some time that everyone brought in has to learn English.

Azpilicueta must be our first Right Back.

Ivanovic is ok if we play defensive with the midfield line close to the defenders.

But otherwise, I would prefer Azpilicueta as he has more agility and is quite good on one on one situation.

Forgive me if im wrong but apart from Lavezzi i can't think of anyone who has given Ivan a torrid time.

As far as im concerned Ivan is still first choice right back, if Azpi wants to take that off him he has to earn it by performances on the pitch when he gets the chance, if we move Ivan to the centre to accommodate him ill tear my hair out.

Exactly. Dressing room policy dictates players that can't speak English very well have to sit next to John Terry, Frank Lampard and the rest of the English boys on the left of the dressing room.

That will be where David Luiz learnt 'geezer' from.