Oscar

themightyblue

Great in UCL, below-par in EPL

he played some great EPL matches for us early this season (not much last season though).

It'll take longer for him to adapt to playing English football. Hopefully he will adapt fully but I think he played well in the summer and fall.

he played some great EPL matches for us early this season (not much last season though).

It'll take longer for him to adapt to playing English football. Hopefully he will adapt fully but I think he played well in the summer and fall.

I completely agree, he was on fire during the early matches of this season....but since January, his performances have been below-par

Maybe it's just fatigue setting in...hopefully he works on conditioning during the off-season and comes back a better player

At least the club have decided not to have a pre-season summer tour, which will go some way to helping with the fatigue I guess.

did we?

I wasn't aware. As much as I love those matches before the season starts, I love covering our pre-season in Cobham much more and what you said as well...

As said Oscar really stepped up the other night. I was criticizing his form for a while but he(and everyone else too) showed what they are capable of. To be honest, when Hazard went off it changed the way we played. Everyone else then stepped up. No longer was it a case of pass to Eden and hope he gets it in the box. Which wasn't going to work anyway because as soon as he got a sniff of the ball there were two players on him right away.

Willian and Oscar played really well together, switching roles when appropriate. Assisted by Schurlle and his steady eddy, solid German engineering of the ball, which allowed the two boys from Brazil to do their thing.

did we?

I wasn't aware. As much as I love those matches before the season starts, I love covering our pre-season in Cobham much more and what you said as well...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/chelsea-ditch-summer-tour-to-avoid-post-world-cup-burnout-as-rivals-head-to-the-usa-9189625.html

This says we're just going to play some one-off games in Europe as opposed to travelling to the US and Asia, which we normally do (and what other rivals are still going to be doing).

Unfortunately for us, it's another summer with not enough rest for this lad.

Doesn't matter by then he can rest until November if he wants, we will have Costa scoring all the goals for us with Salah stepping up massively. He won't be severely missed as he would have been.

Doesn't matter by then he can rest until November if he wants, we will have Costa scoring all the goals for us with Salah stepping up massively. He won't be severely missed as he would have been.

Don't think Salah really plays in the same position as Oscar or can carry out Oscar's duties. Salah is a pure winger, and it is too early to say that Salah can even be a regular starter for Chelsea. Oscar is an essential player to Chelsea and the system.

Don't this Salah really plays in the same position as Oscar or can carry out Oscar's duties. Salah is a pure winger, and it is too early to say that Salah can even be a regular starter for Chelsea. Oscar is an essential player to Chelsea and the system.

I believe he meant that Salah playing on the right would allow Willian or even Hazard to play in the middle, but I doubt Jose will drop Oscar yea

I believe he meant that Salah playing on the right would allow Willian or even Hazard to play in the middle, but I doubt Jose will drop Oscar yea

Thanks for the clarification, though I really doubt that was what he meant :). Usually when people compare players, they would talk about players in the same position. Salah's competition is Willian, Shcurrle and Hazard. Those are the wingers.

Like you said Jose will not drop Oscar. He knows his talent and potential. He will back this kid as much as he can. I think the kid will respond very well too. After all, it is his first season under Mourinho and the new system.

Not drop, rest until he is fully fit again

Thanks for the clarification, though I really doubt that was what he meant :). Usually when people compare players, they would talk about players in the same position. Salah's competition is Willian, Shcurrle and Hazard. Those are the wingers.

Like you said Jose will not drop Oscar. He knows his talent and potential. He will back this kid as much as he can. I think the kid will respond very well too. After all, it is his first season under Mourinho and the new system.

Naaa you misunderstood me dude all I am saying is that Oscar can rest as much as he likes until he feel he is truly 100% again, but we won't struggle without him thanks to the other players we got

did we?

The boys are on a camp in Austria after the world cup(21-27. July).They will be playing some matches there. ;-)

With Hazard out, and as the most senior member (in terms of years with Chelsea) in our attacking triumvirate, he needs to step up and show his quality for the next two weeks. We can't afford to drop points with the big City-Pool game this weekend. If results work for us, we could be in the mix right up to the game away to Pool.