test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superblue_1986

Closed Victor Moses

Started by Superblue_1986,

1,163 posts in this topic

People on here must think I'm crazy for despising the idea of us signing Hulk, Van Der Wiel, etc. yet I literally jump out of my chair the moment we're linked with Victor Moses.

Oh how it's an odd world when you're...well, odd.

This may be the end of the Hulk saga. I'm not convinced he would come to sit on the bench, he's pretty ambitious. Not sure what I think, might be a real masterstroke of a move, he played very well last season for Wigan.

If we are going for someone like Moses, I'd honestly rather Junoir Hoilett over him or even Nathan Dyer. Though it is probably just a ploy to decrease Hulk's price.

Although I do like Moses, I wonder how this affects Kakuta, considering he has said he'll either be at Chelsea this season, or he will be leaving. I know Moses is proven in the PL to a degree, but has Kakuta really ever had a chance to be?

Ashblues likes this

Although I do like Moses, I wonder how this affects Kakuta, considering he has said he'll either be at Chelsea this season, or he will be leaving. I know Moses is proven in the PL to a degree, but has Kakuta really ever had a chance to be?

I feel bad for Kakuta..I just have a gut feeling that he'll be leaving CFC soon and we might end up regretting it.

SaintCFC likes this

£4m was never going to be accepted but I'm glad to see us being a lot tougher in transfer negotiations.

And Moses would be an Emenalo signing. He's nigerian too and a big fan of moses apparently.

Why?

Because he is already bought. Why splurge £4m on young guy when there is already a youngster waiting to take his chance?

Because he is already bought. Why splurge £4m on young guy when there is already a youngster waiting to take his chance?

Is Kakuta really up to the mark? Moses has shown his quality in the PL, Kakuta failed to make any impact whatsoever.

:lol: Dave Whelan is at it again.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1108016/wigan%27s-dave-whelan-hits-out-at-chelsea%27s-bid-for-victor-moses?cc=4716

"Chelsea would need to get realistic before we would even listen to them. They made a bid at 6pm last night and we turned it down flat.

"Roberto Martinez has brought this player on and he needs at least another year with Roberto to become a top player.

"We have offered him a new contract but it seems the agent, more than the player, wants to move him on, at least that is the impression we are getting.

"It cannot be for the player's good. Victor Moses needs another year or two before moving to a club like Chelsea. He needs games and he won't be first choice at Chelsea, I wouldn't have thought

"We don't need to sell him with 12 months to go on his contract because he is under 24 so wouldn't be going on a free transfer.

"Ideally we would like him to sign a new contract, or a club like Chelsea would have to be realistic. At the moment, they are taking the Mickey with the bid they've made."

Moses would be valued at close to £10 million, but ESPN understands that Chelsea's offer was around the £4 million mark.

Re: Kakuta -

At Bolton and Fulham, Kakuta pretty much failed on the wing.

At Dijon, he was one of their best players when used in his actual role, in behind the striker.

There is absolutely no way he'll be getting game time ahead of Mata though, even against a team like Wigan.

On the left, we've got Mata, Hazard, Marin, Sturridge, De Bruyne, Malouda etc. all able to play there.

On the right, we've got all the same again, aside from Malouda.

Through the centre, we've got Mata, Hazard, Marin, De Bruyne, Lampard etc. all able to play there, too.

I understand that there's a bias towards players who have come through our youth system (as I share this bias), but although he has, at times, shown some individual brilliance, I personally don't believe he's a good enough team player or player in general to make it at a top club.

He accessorises his game too much.

We Hate Scouse and NiclasCFC like this

If we are going for someone like Moses, I'd honestly rather Junoir Hoilett over him or even Nathan Dyer. Though it is probably just a ploy to decrease Hulk's price.

I agree about Hoilett but not Dyer.

Moses is a very interesting player. Medias speaks about him since he's 16, says every big club (Arsenal, Inter, ManU, Chelsea etc...) want him yet he eventually chose Wigan where he'd play week after week after Crystal Palace was forced to sell him.

Martinez did use him well, not with an enormous role just when he arrived. He was a substitute, then he was a 3rd choice behind Cleverley and N'Zogbia on the wings and now the two left he was a starter.

He has a genuine potential: he's quick, solid, skillfull and shots well. But his main struggle is to try to manage his athletic abilities because he lacks often lucidity or the ability to produce several runs in a short period of time. Last season he was really inconsistent in his play, a good action then disappears for 4 or 5 minutes. This term he gained game time (36+2 games for 8+13 games) but also volume of play, more presence in the game etc. But he's of course far from revealing all his potential.

Hoilett is a very good player even if he's not Paulo Ferreira's mentality. I still hope we could hijack Monchen GLadbach's deal. He can do everything in the last tier: playing on both wings, support striker and false 9. A kind of Ashley Young (good crosser, good assist provider and passer into space) with a far more varied palette of dribbles and probably a better shooting ability.

Dyer is overrated, he's very much SWP style. He manages to make a little difference because he's little and quick, his gravity point is low. But he looks at his shoes when he dribbles, he cannot shot, cross etc... properly. Everytime the same dribble

Spike and LDN Blue like this

At Dijon, he was one of their best players when used in his actual role, in behind the striker.

There is absolutely no way he'll be getting game time ahead of Mata though, even against a team like Wigan.

On the left, we've got Mata, Hazard, Marin, Sturridge, De Bruyne, Malouda etc. all able to play there.

I understand that there's a bias towards players who have come through our youth system (as I share this bias), but although he has, at times, shown some individual brilliance, I personally don't believe he's a good enough team player or player in general to make it at a top club.

Kakuta has all the skills to be an explosive winger/attacking midfielder, he just needs consistent games and confidence from the manager...which is something he WON'T get at Chelsea.

For the good of his professional career, he should leave Chelsea, move back to France and prove that he is a class player.

Ashblues likes this

Through the centre, we've got Mata, Hazard, Marin, De Bruyne, Lampard etc. all able to play there, too.

Great post

Is Kakuta really up to the mark? Moses has shown his quality in the PL, Kakuta failed to make any impact whatsoever.

Fulham were stacked with wingers already, so I have no idea why he was loaned to there.

Coyle is and always was an idiot. The only reason Sturridge and Wilshere got chances at Bolton is due to good ol' English bias.

If he is bought I feel that it would restrict other youngster too much.

Ashblues likes this