Eden Hazard

the wes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuuG7JbLhGo

Random, but he scored a lot of penalties last season, and i think he will be 2nd choice penalty taker now that Drogba is gone.

I agree. But that depends on how Hzard handels the pressure. He could either be like Torres and flop or like Drogba who thrived on pressure and big matches.

Not many players are like Drogba, but from what i remember from his time at Lille, he did pretty well in games against the top teams.

I think the fact he is just 21 should reduce the pressure as he still has plenty of time to get better and we should all let him go out and play his game. Yes he will make some mistakes but shouldn't be going nuts if he doesn't score immediately. And he will probably be our second choice penalty taker though it depends if lampard is playing obviously as otherwise he could well be our penalty taker for when lampard is not on the pitch, unless mata wants it... Bigger question could be whether he will get any set pieces, or whether it will be mata's left foot or lampard... The fact that Hazard is both footed, and doesn't seem to have a weak foot could make him very useful at set pieces.

And he will probably be our second choice penalty taker though it depends if lampard is playing obviously as otherwise he could well be our penalty taker for when lampard is not on the pitch, unless mata wants it...

Mata is a poor penalty taker, it's not just because of the ones he's missed, it's his technique.

Mata is a poor penalty taker, it's not just because of the ones he's missed, it's his technique.

Yeah. He seriously need to learn how to strike it with pace and power as well, and not just with placement. Gotta need a reliable penalty taker especially once Lampard retires.

Lmao, that's a rather limited prediction..

He could have a decent season, not great but not poor. It's impossible for a 21 year old to flop like Torres did, I shouldn't have to explain why.

I was not saying that those are his only two options but rather providing contrast between the extremes of how players handle pressure.

I have no idea how Eden is like, but there will be pressure on him by the media and fans, and if he does not handle that well, he will have a rough time.

I was not saying that those are his only two options but rather providing contrast between the extremes of how players handle pressure.

I have no idea how Eden is like, but there will be pressure on him by the media and fans, and if he does not handle that well, he will have a rough time.

Think the fans will take it easy on him as compared to those pricks that is the English media! :rant:

..and as capriccioso stated, his penalty in the CL final was either going into the top corner or row Z.

And what happened? The single biggest kick of his life, all the pressure on him after Mata's miss, and he drills it in the top corner. Class.

Penalties are sort of like gambles, you can't be sure you will score one, but Mata's are just awful. He just taps them in but with poor aim. He just places them softly within the centre, left or right, he's missed three penalties for this club now, and scored one that was against QPR i think. So yeah he isn't the best of penalty takers.

But if he scored them it would be a different story for most people, because people don't see the other side to penalties. Where obviously you are different and realistic about it. Say if Neuer saved Drogbas penalty, people would've said it was a very poor penalty, but they didn't because he scored it. But truth be told right now, it was a poor penalty, poor power and not the best of accuracy, had Neuer went left he would've saved it. And If Ashley Coles was saved that night, you couldn't say that was a poor penalty, but no one would've said it's a good one (when it was struck like a beast).

Mata's penalties however are just plain bad.

It's alright to get a little offtopic, i doubt the convosation was going to last for much longer anyway.

Actually it is an important discussion, so people should voice their opinion of who should be the penalty taker after Lampard.

Best to do it in that thread then here.