Axel Witsel

Nic!

Schneiderlin is better. Schneidelrin has much better distribution, tackling and strategic sense. Witsle is more like a like for like replacments for mikel. has some skill and strength but ponders too long on the ball and has close to zero productivity.

I accept that Schneidelrin is better, I just dont rate Schneidelrin too much either, i dont see world class potential in him (or anything near it), doesnt have a really high celling imo.

He looked very average each time i saw him in France when playing with better players around him. But he's still alot better than Mikel and Ramires off course.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be an amazing transfer. I don't know or care if he's better than Schneirderlein, prior to last season, it wouldn't have been debatable, but I see Witsel fitting into our team better and being a better partner for Matic due to his mobility with the ball. The thing I like about Witsel is he's a solid 8 at almost everything you want in a central midfielder. Technically, tactically, positionally, ball distribution wise, football IQ, ball retention wise, even flair and so on.

Schneirdelein is a little too much of a defensive midfielder. In games were Hazard, Fabregas and Willian are having problems finding space against deep lying defensive teams, we need a player who can drive with the ball from deeper positions and help create/divert attention away from our 4 advanced players. Schneirderlein isn't going to do that for you.

It also means less of Ramires pretending to be a footballer, his awful passing, positional sense, composure on the ball were a sight to behold last season. We all know Mikel's problems too i.e ultra conservative, not mobile enough and in the event were Matic plays 90% of a season, Mikel becomes redundant.

I remember Witsel in his Benfica days playing as an attacking midfielder, on the wings, central or as a DM. The guy can literally play anywhere. My only slight concern is that it will take some time for him to adapt playing in a competitive league after all these years. I can't see how any Chelsea fan can be against this move if it's for a reasonable fee.

An interesting option. I would make this signing.

1. Perfect for backup Matic in the midfielder. Retrieves balls, distributes them, and is a good retaining wall.

*** Emergency option or when Matic need to rest. Matic is absolutely indisputable.

Fabregas Witsel

Willian

or Oscar

2. Good to be close Matic in midfield in our starting eleven with:

Witsel Matic

Fabregas

3. A player able to give rest for Matic and Fabregas.

4. A good emergency solution if Ruben Loftus-Cheek is not adequately accustomed to play in the first team.

5. Better than Mikel, definitely better...

Do it!

Regards.

He is definitely not as bad as some of you suggest. Maybe someone who has followed the Russian league can shed some light on this. I know he was regarded as one of the top prospects prior to his move to Zenit, but since then I haven't heard that much about him, nor watched him. I only watched Belgium's last two matches against France and Wales and quite frankly he was poor. Maybe he's stagnated in the Russian leave and now wants a new challenge. He is still young and could enter in his prime under the right guidance. Seems like a Mourinho type of player, can defend, is tall, knows how to keep hold of the ball.

ZENIT...

and you don't have to watch millions of games to get a sense of what type of player he is.

Relax, Zenith means exactly the same.

You might get a sense of the type of player he is by watching a few times, that doesn't tell you the whole picture. Opposition fans watch Hazard when we play against them and base their opinion on that game and a few highlights they see on TV. My point is you need to watch a player constantly to assess them, which our scouts obviously do otherwise they wouldn't be interested.

He is definitely not as bad as some of you suggest. Maybe someone who has followed the Russian league can shed some light on this. I know he was regarded as one of the top prospects prior to his move to Zenit, but since then I haven't heard that much about him, nor watched him. I only watched Belgium's last two matches against France and Wales and quite frankly he was poor. Maybe he's stagnated in the Russian leave and now wants a new challenge. He is still young and could enter in his prime under the right guidance. Seems like a Mourinho type of player, can defend, he is tall, knows how to keep hold of the ball.

Honestly, without coming off like a hater he is quiet simply an upgrade to Mikel. How much of an upgrade is hard for one to truly discern... He won't displace Matic that is 100% a certainty.

I have not watched him since his days at Benfica, i have heard he has digressed though. What do you think?

He didn't develop as well as he would have in a better league, he's stalled his progression a bit. He's still a top midfielder in my eyes who could suprise many when he finally comes out of obscurity

Relax, Zenith means exactly the same.

You might get a sense of the type of player he is by watching a few times, that doesn't tell you the whole picture. Opposition fans watch Hazard when we play against them and base their opinion on that game and a few highlights they see on TV. My point is you need to watch a player constantly to assess them, which our scouts obviously do otherwise they wouldn't be interested.

Without going too far down this rabbit hole can you tell us what type of player he is now since we're all making baseless assumptions?

I haven't seen him lately but what I will say is for a new CM we need one who is not quite as defensive as Matic but more astute defensively than Cesc, also with a few goals in him would be nice.

Does Witsel fit that bill?

I haven't seen him lately but what I will say is for a new CM we need one who is not quite as defensive as Matic but more astute defensively than Cesc, also with a few goals in him would be nice.

Does Witsel fit that bill?

You're talking about a box to box mid.... I think we'd be a little underwhelmed using him in that role but you're probably best directing that question to Wreckerz...

Without going too far down this rabbit hole can you tell us what type of player he is now since we're all making baseless assumptions?

He's a versatile box-to-box who is technically excellent and defensively solid. Comparing him to Mikel is insulting. They're both strong, tend to slow down play and often play it safe, that's about where the comparisons end.

I'm not saying he'd be an ideal signing, but for the reported 18M fee he'd be a steal and we would finally have some cushion in midfield and wouldn't have to rely on Ramires or Mikel.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You