Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

4 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Would love for him and Charlobah to make it here. 

We all do but I think best thing we should do for RLC next season loan him out to an English club that plays him week in and week out the way Tammy Abraham doing at the moment 

Its a shame IMO he wasn't out on loan this season (Chalobah also) as its the only way he will get any better.

But with Conte saying earlier that it will be next season we see RLC progressing then who knows what Conts plans are for him.

Put a couple in against Denmark under 21s last night

Ruben Loftus-Cheek enjoyed starring role for England Under-21s after struggling for opportunities at Chelsea

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ruben-loftuscheek-enjoyed-starring-role-for-england-under21s-after-struggling-for-opportunities-at-a3500531.html

If we do switch to a 352 Conte could be trying to mold him into a Secondary Striker for the future. Big, athletic, good on the ball, fast. Was experimenting with it before the switch to 3 at the back this year. He looked good against Stoke and great yesterday. A loan to a mid table side who would play him in an attacking role week in/week out is best for everyone involved. Could very well be in the team next year also. Happy to see some positive games coming out of him lately

17 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

If we do switch to a 352 Conte could be trying to mold him into a Secondary Striker for the future. Big, athletic, good on the ball, fast. Was experimenting with it before the switch to 3 at the back this year. He looked good against Stoke and great yesterday. A loan to a mid table side who would play him in an attacking role week in/week out is best for everyone involved. Could very well be in the team next year also. Happy to see some positive games coming out of him lately

Hope he does come good but I'm still not sold.

Cant see him in 1st team next season but who nows? A loan would be better for him and us but Conte might want him closer to home like Mou wanted Happys training on site.

I would want a much better striker than him in 352 tho.

Ruben loan next season story http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/3/30/15120642/chelsea-fc-ruben-loftus-cheek-loan-transfer-deal-rumour-report

Hope not with another pre season under him and more games to play next season hopefully he will kick on to the next level.

Pointess. We are just terrible in transition from youth to senior squad. It just may be that players are overrated and that is also reason for failing, maybe they have talent, but playing for chelsea with all that money breaks them...

But our youth squads have been very successfull past three years. Perhaps most successfull of any youth team in europe. And where are all these players?

RLC, Boga, Aina, Chalobah, Baker, Palmer, Musonda, Solanke,...list goes on and on. When I saw them playing for our youth, it was clear they are exceptional talents, at least for english standards. At age 19, if they are promising, they should get chance. Not loans, not if 5 others get injured. Spurs threw Alli straight in fire and he did very well. Because he had faith from coach and gained lot of experience. He is not some superb talent, but a perfect product for PL, same is with our players.

Most got lost in clouds...as much I would love at least Baker, RLC or  Palmer make it here, it just wont happen. Not here. We are more of factory rather home for these kids.

Its just sad because we realy have brilliant generation, and if we promoted two or three same year and played them decently enough, they could break through.

We play those cup games. If there is ANY intention from our board to make our youth succeed, Aina, RLC and Chalobah should play every game there. How many minutes did they play? Just picking safe options over and over. And we didnt win league cup either. Its absolute bullshit. Its nice to win FA cup or league cup. But I would trade those 6 FA cups we have for 5 homegrown players in current squad any day.

We only give him the benefit of the doubt because we want a youth product to make it here so badly. If any of our previous youth products who deserved to be in the team, from Swift to Musonda for example, had actually been integrated, more people would know the true talent we've been fostering, and that RLC hasn't been half the player in any of the games they've played together. I wouldn't hesitate to say I've seen the majority of his games at youth level, and I wouldn't hesitate either in saying all he ever had was the ability to borderline-foul a smaller player, to then sometimes score. If he wasn't scoring or pushing a player over, he wasn't doing anything - and he wasn't doing the former as much as the latter.

Even Baker is better, and Baker would be lucky to play for Everton. What we have here is Barcelona's equivalent of Bojan, though that's being generous.

It'll be a relief the day this barely-starring, grossly-overpaid primadonna makes way for a new batch of youth to throw our misguided hopes on.

• 1 month later...
On 30/03/2017 at 10:49 PM, Leif said:

We only give him the benefit of the doubt because we want a youth product to make it here so badly. If any of our previous youth products who deserved to be in the team, from Swift to Musonda for example, had actually been integrated, more people would know the true talent we've been fostering, and that RLC hasn't been half the player in any of the games they've played together. I wouldn't hesitate to say I've seen the majority of his games at youth level, and I wouldn't hesitate either in saying all he ever had was the ability to borderline-foul a smaller player, to then sometimes score. If he wasn't scoring or pushing a player over, he wasn't doing anything - and he wasn't doing the former as much as the latter.

Even Baker is better, and Baker would be lucky to play for Everton. What we have here is Barcelona's equivalent of Bojan, though that's being generous.

It'll be a relief the day this barely-starring, grossly-overpaid primadonna makes way for a new batch of youth to throw our misguided hopes on.

Exactly the same happened with Piazon. One of my biggest gripes was him winning YPOTS in 11/12 I think when he was only eligible to play half the year and wasn't THAT good while Chalobah captained the youth team to the FAYC final and win. And it makes me wonder how far our more talented youth would have got if they were earmarked like Piazon and RLC were. For instance I wish Dujon Sterling as a back up to Moses (not bona fide back up, but in a position where he can make 10-15 appearances next season) could happen next season like RLC was promoted under Mourinho, but unlikely.

• 1 month later...