test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

loaned out Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,031 posts in this topic
On 5/20/2018 at 0:12 AM, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly not taking Wilshere and/or Shelvey will kill England's chances of controlling a match I think. Shelvey isn't a great player but hes demonstrated an ability to dictate the tempo of games for Newcastle and even at Swansea. I wouldn't say taking players who have only performed in the last few months of a season is a no no, you want players who are good but also players who are in form, I think he'd of been a worth while risk considering RLC has been called up..  could argue hes shown much more consistency than RLC the last wee while as well. 

Shelvey may have demonstrated the ability to control games but the issues, he isn't or can't do that on a consistent basis. He may have been in decent form in the last few months but there's no guarantee he'll maintain that especially in a whole different environment. Plus, let's not forget he's a bit of a hot head. Can't blame Southgate for wanting players he can trust and rely on to do a job.

Really happy for RLC to get the call up. Hope he gets to showcase his talent in the world cup. A decent world cup would seal his place in the squad with us without a doubt. Also with EL, him, Ampadu, Andreas, CHO can get a good launching pad.

DDA likes this

On 22/05/2018 at 5:00 AM, bakayokofan said:

Really happy for RLC to get the call up. Hope he gets to showcase his talent in the world cup. A decent world cup would seal his place in the squad with us without a doubt. Also with EL, him, Ampadu, Andreas, CHO can get a good launching pad.

Ive not been his biggest supporter but I'm open to the possibility he has got his act together some so will be waching him - hoping.

“Our best player” – Chelsea loan star’s manager doesn’t hold back in praise

http://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/05/best-player-chelsea-loan-stars-manager-doesnt-hold-back-praise/

bakayokofan likes this

9 hours ago, the wes said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek issues Chelsea quit threat if progress continues to be stalled at Stamford Bridge

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/england-star-ruben-loftus-cheek-12673169

It is now upto himself now going forward in his career to show that he is good enough week in week out to be a CFC player , two goals and 3 assists last season hardly screams 1st name on the CFC team sheet , 2bh i want him to be so good that he is 1 of the 1st names on the cfc team sheet because that means more than likely that whoever the manager is, deems him good enough to play every week , i think most CFC supporters would like to have players like Kante,Hazard,Azpil,mmm then the rest seem about the same level.

Unionjack likes this

Think he can take the same route as Courtois if he is patient enough and willing to work hard. Hopefully manager changes will make him think it is a golden opportunity to show his best and make the new manager impressed, not just fuming there thinking he is already a top class player.

Unionjack likes this

Just now, The Skipper said:

Should be starting for England. 

And probably for us next season too especially if we don't add midfield reinforcements during the summer.

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Should be starting for England. 

I think super sub is his best role for this world cup. If Southgate's going down the high intensity route he did in the first half he'd be tanked by half time every game, and thats just thinking the game in isolation and not the quick turnover.