Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

8 hours ago, the wes said:

we do with him right now ffs

Tell me about it , this board bustmyballsfc ,(August 18th) the strategy they have shown with the transfers in/outs is verging on embarrassing , Champions of England ,again the club and board have failed to kick on and build on that 2bh i think Bakayoko + Morata will be upgrades but even last season our numbers were shy for decent backup and squad quality, now with extra champions league games and losing Ake-Terry-NLC-Matic- etc , made little sense loaning out Ruben+/ or Baker when numbers so low and squad and manager seem to be in disarray in that aspect grrrr board grrrr

12 hours ago, Miguelito said:

Watching his highlights from last game, he seemed to playing almost as a 10/inverted winger for the majority of the game. He seemed to drop deeper later in the game though. I didn't watch the full match so I could be mistaken. So I'm not sure if he'll get to play in "preferred role" all the time.

He will start most of the games as AMC ... he moved to central midfield for last 30minutes of the game 😊

solid game from him and yet again his teammates let him down, that Benteke miss from Ruben´s pass was atrocious, in the end it was costly for Palace, if things dont start changing for Palace soon they will be fighting relegation come the end of the season. Ruben deserves much more than this shit Palace team

this is the time to do it .. its on thing playing all the youth games where the speed is much slower i feel this loan will be good for him as he will get the match stamina from playing week in and week out - however Crystal Palace is woeful hoofball all game and bypass their midfield which a part from Ruben is subpar. The only real dangerous attacks they had came from him thats saying something

14 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

this is the time to do it .. its on thing playing all the youth games where the speed is much slower i feel this loan will be good for him as he will get the match stamina from playing week in and week out - however Crystal Palace is woeful hoofball all game and bypass their midfield which a part from Ruben is subpar. The only real dangerous attacks they had came from him thats saying something

2nd game running that Ruben is the best player for them on the pitch, but his shit teammates keep wasting chance after chance, what a waste, when Palace was fighting relegation last season, Zaha and Benteke looked like world beaters, but now they are a joke.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He's got all the physical tools and ability on the ball needed to be a world class player. It's still apparent where his weaknesses are, though. Noticed this throughout the Liverpool game. His off the ball work is lazy. Same as it was here and why I think Conte let him go on loan. You often see him just standing around and watching rather than getting after players.

I think it's just part of his personality that I don't know will change. He's a laid back, nonchalant guy.

i agree with you, you can bet that if he works more on his off the ball game he will be an immense player

Playing as the star midfielder of this hilariously bad Palace team might be good thing for his mental development and ability to lead the team during tough times. Just work on stamina and off the ball movement and you'll be in Chelsea first team come next season!

12 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea let Loftus-Cheek go on loan but want to buy Danny Drinkwater. Embarrassing football club.

I think if you have drinkwater on the bench this is upgrade not loftus cheek (who is a potential good player)

think better

19 minutes ago, mccg said:

Chelsea fans despair as Ruben Loftus-Cheek puts in another stunning Crystal Palace performance

http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-loftus-cheek-crystal-palace-13501443

says it all really

Stupid article. The kid clearly needs to play every week. Drinkwater will be on our bench. We have some stupid fans.

I will go into RLC defence for once.

Imo he is someone like Pogba. He will never be good off the ball. This is why Pogba needed player like Matic who will do all dirty work for him.

I really expect something good from RLC.

9 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

Needs to work on his stamina and work rate, Excellent when in possession but average off it.

Utter nonsense. Stop peddling this myth lol

He's 4th in the League in tackles made, 6th in interceptions. He's also completed the full 90 in each of his first two games, something people claimed he couldn't do.

Also, people should remember RLC is actually a CM, not a DM. I want to see if he can ultimately control matches & consistently make the difference with his technical/physical talent like Yaya, Vieira, Pogba etc when he reaches his peak. Not how many KMs he clocked.

In first two games he averaged

4 dribbles

1,5 key passes

4,5 long balls

87,7% pass accuracy

3,5 tackles

2,5 interceptions

Kid looking realy bright. Hope he carries these performances through the season.