test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,560 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Agree with all you said. RLC is such an enigma. I still think he was crazy to not take the Schalke loan. CL football, a great team environment and he would be probably starting most games.

WE needed him to do it IF he was to benefit US.

Hes got some skills but just lacks the head to go with it I think.

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

WE needed him to do it IF he was to benefit US.

Hes got some skills but just lacks the head to go with it I think.

You would think Sarri, given his great record with MFers, could finally get him to play up to his potential and physical skillset. If we go Ballack in as technical director, maybe he could take a few times a month and worth with RLC too.

I gotta be honest, given his size, technical ability and stamina, he SHOULD be up there within seeing distance of Saúl Ñíguez, SMS, Pogba by now. Or at least on a legitimate path to get there.

Unionjack likes this

Ruben Loftus-Cheek must leave Chelsea as he's fighting losing battle for regular football

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ruben-loftuscheek-must-leave-chelsea-as-hes-fighting-losing-battle-for-regular-football-a3933656.html

This season should prompt Ruben Loftus-Cheek into making the biggest decision of his career — and that is to leave Chelsea for good.

The midfielder is almost certain to be offered a new contract before the end of the campaign because he will have just two years remaining on his current deal next summer and Chelsea will want to protect the valuation of their star academy product. But the England international needs to move on, and what has taken place during 2018 should be regarded as the final straw.

The alarm bells must have begun ringing when Chelsea bought Ross Barkley for £15million in January. Barkley plays in a similar position to Loftus-Cheek, is an England player and, at 24, is just two years older than his team-mate.

Barkley started Chelsea’s first three games this season, while Loftus-Cheek, who joined the Chelsea academy at the age of eight, made one brief cameo in that time from the bench.

snip

LOFTUS-CHEEK HINTS AT PALACE RETURN AFTER CHELSEA STRUGGLES

https://readcrystalpalace.com/2018/09/13/loftus-cheek-hints-at-palace-return-after-chelsea-struggles/

Crystal Palace target Ruben Loftus-Cheek has refused to deny he could re-join the club in the new year if he fails to break through at Chelsea.

The Guardian quizzed on his future and discussed the potential of a Selhurst Park return, with the England international struggling to break into the Chelsea first-team squad under new head coach Maurizio Sarri.

The midfielder, who impressed at Palace and with England over the summer, turned down moves away from Stamford Bridge in an attempt to nail down a first-team place, but that is yet to happen.

Loftus-Cheek faces a battle to break into the side with Sarri using a 4-3-3 system.

Both Jorginho and N’Golo Kante are going to be regulars under the Italian, leaving Ross Barkley, summer signing Mateo Kovacic and Loftus-Cheek battling it out for that third and final spot.

snip

I really liked what I saw from him today. He was pressing well, was a threat going forward and didnt lose the ball that much. I would have him ahead of Barkley on the bench. Hopefully the international break will help him establish himself under Sarri. 

Meh. Thought he was average last night. Made 2-3 decent attacking runs and nothing much else. And even with those attacking runs, he looked clueless on what to do with the final ball. 

Miguelito likes this

47 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Just needs to do more, be more involved. Everything he does looks nice but he should show it more often. Should be a bit more keen. 

Six years later, here we are saying the same things we said six years ago. I’ve lost belief that we’ll ever see the change we’ve been hoping for.

Miguelito likes this

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Just needs to do more, be more involved. Everything he does looks nice but he should show it more often. Should be a bit more keen. 

He does always seem to have the same body language as Ozil. 

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Perhaps a bit more Kante? ;) diff to imagine he will have a futeture here if he does not start impressing in training.

Hopefully he doesn't get another silly injury so that he can have time to train with the gaffer and improve his tactical awareness. He has all the potentials to be a great player and Barkley shouldn't be ahead of him in the team.

43 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Hopefully he doesn't get another silly injury so that he can have time to train with the gaffer and improve his tactical awareness. He has all the potentials to be a great player and Barkley shouldn't be ahead of him in the team.

Pardon me if I'm being harsh but Loftus-Cheek will turn 23 years old in 3 months and we're still talking about "potential" with him? :doh: 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pardon me if I'm being harsh but Loftus-Cheek will turn 23 years old in 3 months and we're still talking about "potential" with him? :doh: 

23 is a young age and has loads of time to improve his game and improve as a player.

Clockwork and kellzfresh like this