test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

27. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

1,149 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Jason said:

This is why I love Conte as our manager. He has big heavy globe sized balls. He absolutely made the right decision in dropping Cahill and he knows it. Some other managers wouldn't have dared.

Supermonkey92 likes this

2 hours ago, DDA said:

This is why I love Conte as our manager. He has big heavy globe sized balls. He absolutely made the right decision in dropping Cahill and he knows it. Some other managers wouldn't have dared.

I don't particularly like Conte's tactics, but like his man management.

I was pretty upset we missed out on Stones, mistakes and all, but Christensen is similar (less technical but more composed), so I am very happy he's become a key member of the squad.

One of my fav players already.

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

I don't particularly like Conte's tactics, but like his man management.

I was pretty upset we missed out on Stones, mistakes and all, but Christensen is similar (less technical but more composed), so I am very happy he's become a key member of the squad.

One of my fav players already.

Who will be the better player - Stones or Christensen?

3 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Based on this season and don't think I'm being biased, I'd say Christensen. While Stones has improved from last season, still think he's prone to making mistakes in defence.

bigbluewillie likes this

3 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Hah difficult to judge at this point.

They both might end up becoming quality cbs in their own right and a bit different too. 

I think stones might have an edge bc ball-playing cbs are more difficult to find, but Andreas is better in the air and has better composure, which is really something else, esp considering his age.

2 hours ago, El P. said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/7zdr16/analysing_the_goal_chelsea_conceded_vs_barcelona/

Great analyse of mistakes that lead to Messi's goal. I agree that Christy was just one part of the problem, what Azpi did was just as bad, if not worse than what Christy did.

It’s good information and detail but somewhat poor implied conclusion.

it was a terrible mistake by Andreas - a bad decision compunded by poor execution and technique.

of course there were other collective mistakes, but the worst mistake, by far, was andreas’.

with that out of the way, not too worried about it. It was such a bad and uncharacteristic mistake that he will correct that naturally as he progresses as a footballer.

Amblève. likes this

18 hours ago, Jason said:

Based on this season and don't think I'm being biased, I'd say Christensen. While Stones has improved from last season, still think he's prone to making mistakes in defence.

Go as far to say that based on pure CB talent he’s already top 5 in the league.

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The problem isn't with this kid, the problem is Conte's constant ability to drop Rudiger for that fucking donkey Cahill.

Let's hope that has sunk in now, because quite frankly I do not want to see Cahill start another game for us, he's fucking rubbish.

Says a lot about Cahill that even with Conte not playing him half of the time, no one has said anything in the media. No reaction. No nothing. Huge contrast to when Benitez refused to play Terry.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Says a lot about Cahill that even with Conte not playing him half of the time, no one has said anything in the media. No reaction. No nothing. Huge contrast to when Benitez refused to play Terry.

Terry was in a different league - and Cahill's mentor. The media have been banging on for a while that his shit form has cost him his Ingerland place. But Conte continues to start him for 'big' games. Mental.

24 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Terry was in a different league - and Cahill's mentor. The media have been banging on for a while that his shit form has cost him his Ingerland place. But Conte continues to start him for 'big' games. Mental.

You are right there but the point I was trying to make is that they captained Chelsea (captain in Cahill's case) but one player drew far more reaction than the other after being dropped by the manager. Given Conte's dodgy team selections this season, I'm not 100% sure if he's had enough with Cahill. His CB selections in the upcoming big games will be telling.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

You are right there but the point I was trying to make is that they captained Chelsea (captain in Cahill's case) but one player drew far more reaction than the other after being dropped by the manager. Given Conte's dodgy team selections this season, I'm not 100% sure if he's had enough with Cahill. His CB selections in the upcoming big games will be telling.

Wouldn't be surprised if Conte picks him for one of the Manc games. Christensen is more solid, youth on his side, but both highlight what a National treasure Terry was/is.

Gotta say 1st I love Air Conditioning. Hopefully hes going to be with us a very long time. But I was suprized to be honest how nervous he was from the get go. It as the 1st time I had seen him show any signs of nervousness. But he will shake that game off quick enough. But its for lads like him and Ethan that I really wish JT was still here. Its for these young transition players we need to use our old guard. For training,confidence and holding the changing room together. Cause lets face it we dont SEEM to have a really strong character that can go in at half time and say some home truths then build them back up again.

Cahill to me has never been a captain and now hes taken Ivans place as the dead weight who was always selected for some unknown reason.

We still need that spot filled as I cant feel Rudi there. Someone with a bite who the offence will think twice about going near him but still good enough with the ball at his feet. Yeah I know theres a load of them for sale eh!

I wonder what will happen with Happy in the summer. Thougt he was  OK today.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Gotta say 1st I love Air Conditioning.

wtf :D

Looked very competent initially as a JT replacement, but no way JT would have let their first in today. Prepared to not pass too much judgement today -everyone is pissed off