test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Kevin de Bruyne

Started by BlueLion.,

8,287 posts in this topic

Yeah, that's the way I've been saying it.

The commentator today Derek Rae I think it was said something like "you may have heard his name pronounced in a few different ways, but it's actually pronounced like brow-nuh."

And I agree about Alexi Lalas. He's shit. McManaman is probably the only scouse I actually enjoy listening to.

Pizy likes this

Had a mixed game, when he was dropping deep into the pivot while Fellaini pushed up, Russia where getting through the middle of the park easily enough. I think that shows the thing about how he wouldn't have been a very good pivot player for the fact he lacks the defensive side of his game.

yuvala and The Skipper like this

Impressive stats for Belgian national team :

25 appearances

6 goals

11 assists

Piet De Visser declared in Belgian press this week that Chelsea never stopped believing in De Bruyne's potential as "the next Frank Lampard". However, they thought he needed a little bit more time, while De Bruyne desperately wanted more playing time. He believes De Bruyne will move back to a top team in the future.

Would be great if we somehow put in a buy back clause. I dont think he is ready for Chelsea yet but he will be soon enough. If not here then I am sure he will be an important player for another top side.

I understand that you may like him a lot, but fact is he didn't wanted to stay, not that we let him go!

Okay, but if you're not getting any significant play time, especially the season before a WC, it's a logical consequence that a player will want to leave.

So if I say "we let him go" I actually mean "we haven't given him enough play time".

I know, we had other options, no need to name all the players. But still a shame if you look at how good he can be.

That's of course the risk of signing talented players at such young age. By the time they are ripe to play first team, they are often fed up with the club for not having gotten their chance yet (I know there are exceptions), and another club benefits from it.

It's good business money wise, but a shame in terms of football. Who knows, maybe he'll be back one day, like Matic.

I just can't give you an example in English, because the sound doesn't seem to exist in that language...

Here's a video where Kevin pronounches his own name at 0:06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG4GOzoKEo8

He says: "Ik ben Kevin De Bruyne" which means "I am Kevin De Bruyne" (duh)

So you can try to imitate the pronounciation from this vid :)

Okay, but if you're not getting any significant play time, especially the season before a WC, it's a logical consequence that a player will want to leave.

So if I say "we let him go" I actually mean "we haven't given him enough play time".

I know, we had other options, no need to name all the players. But still a shame if you look at how good he can be.

That's of course the risk of signing talented players at such young age. By the time they are ripe to play first team, they are often fed up with the club for not having gotten their chance yet (I know there are exceptions), and another club benefits from it.

It's good business money wise, but a shame in terms of football. Who knows, maybe he'll be back one day, like Matic.

I'm with you on this. I also am sorry for Kevin that he is not in the club,certainty as a footballer he has tremendous qualities, but a decision has been made. Nothing we can do about it. I hope that some day he can return to the club, but I doubt it!

JAGIELKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Apparently he's created the 2nd most chances in Europe this season behind Messi. Hopefully, he earns himself a move to a bigger club soon.

JAGIELKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Apparently he's created the 2nd most chances in Europe this season behind Messi. Hopefully, he earns himself a move to a bigger club soon.

and we didn't really give him a chance

Lol fickle fickle fans. One goal and we are moaning about him not being given a chance. Lol

You havent seen anything yet, wait until Costa has a bad game and Lukaku and Sturridge both score on the same day.

Polo7, Roquila and BlueLion. like this