Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

Think it will be done soon but it would actually make sense him going to Man Utd over us tbh lol but i don't reckon they are as interested as us.

Man Utd are suffering in the CB positions, Ferdinand is finished, Vidic is injury prone and red card prone, then you just have Smalling who is injured, Jones who is nothing special and Evans who is more like special needs. Also look how close Bolton is to Manchester and Manchester United with Old Trafford is the biggest team in England.

But... We can offer Champions League football :lol:

Anyway i do reckon we'll wrap it up soon, i'm sure he'll come to us.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea assistant boss Roberto Di Matteo has admitted he is unsure as to when Bolton's Gary Cahill will complete his proposed deal to the club.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7419073/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I hope André was right about "other targets"..

Well it looks like it's done. But if it is, then thank god we've got another centre back, but we need a winger, and it doesn't have to be someone amazing and costs much, just someone who offers pace and can make an impact from the bench, the best player like this i think we could get is Victor Moses from Wigan, offers pace, good at beating players, and could do with being in a better team, the problem is with him is that i don't think Wigan get him in the game enough where i think we can (with a creative midfielder). I honestly think we can get him for 5 million at most, probabably even less than that. Then we should splash out if we have to, and get a creative midfielder, one that can pass a ball and is reliable and can bring the front 3 into the game a lot more and add confidence to the team.

If that was done i'd be VERY happy!, and more confident in the team, i would believe we could get ourselves 3rd with no problems at all, because Ramires will be playing A LOT better, and then in the summer we can focus on getting a right wing back and offloading some more deadwood if we havnet done it already in the summer.

News:

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas wants to sign one more player, in addition to bringing in a centre-half, with Bolton Wanderers' Gary Cahill currently his top target. We'll bring you what Villas-Boas has to say shortly.

Sky sports!

GARY CAHILL JOINS CHELSEA

January 31st, 23:58

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Gary Cahill from Bolton. on a four-year contract.

Cahill, current English International has usually played as a centre back during his time at Bolton, altough has been deployed as a right back, left back and defensive midfielder, because of his pace and technical ability.

He signed for Bolton in 2007 and made 147 appearances in which he managed to score 15 goals

Internationaly he has 7 appearances for England in which he managed to score once.

We wish good luck to Gary in his future Chelsea career and are happy to have finally concluded the transfer.

:ph34r: