Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our club has been known for overpaying players; why wouldn't Cahill and his agent try to squeeze some money for us? It would be foolish not to.

Yes it's a fair point :lol: When we look at Kalou...

But Cahill will be 27 next year, opportunities won't come as easy as the press want us to think... So he hasn't that much opportunities. Or he'll end up like Roger Johnson in a smaller club but with a bigger role than at CFC (without the armband though, I guess...).

Except Dann, I don't know who reliable other English players there are in CB position...

Why does it say official fee agreed in the headline of the thread ? We have not signed him yet have we?

We have agreed terms with the Club, just not yet with Cahill. The Deal is looking Imminent now, only a Matter of time. And I'm sure Cahill would pick us over the Scouser Scum anyday of the year

Actually Telegraph say he is asking more money:

"But the 26-year-old's transfer hung in the balance this afternoon, with one stumbling block understood to be the player's salary, and Villas-Boas warned Chelsea would turn to other targets if an agreement could not be reached."

Probably nothing more than journalists looking for something to write. Nobody will know what's being talked about.

He should be taking a pay cut to play for this club, the Chelsea FC yacht parties are more then his salary at Bolton.

Seriously, where do we get you people from?

Why does it say official fee agreed in the headline of the thread ? We have not signed him yet have we?

The fee is agreed with Bolton, they're happy with their end of the deal. Now Gary Cahill has to agree to personal terms and whatnot.

I don't know about this, i can see him getting skinned in the CL against a tricky forward. I can't see him playing alongside Terry because that would be suicide against a forward who can change direction really quickly. I would rather see us spend 15 million on Sakho from PSG that would be a much cheaper investment because of his ability right now and his leadership skills at the age of 21. Cahill is a huge risk, you can think these English defenders are really good until you see them completely out of depth against quality attackers like Mathew Upson against Germany in the world cup.

I don't think he should ever be used as our strongest defence, he should always be back up. Cahill is a solid consistent centre back, but he's not worldclass, he will be good to play against midtable teams and be there when we need him. Can't see him being used as a secret weapon in our defence though, he just doesn't seem good enough.

Quality goal but his one against QPR was better with his right foot. Obviously can use both feet pretty well.

Can't believe its hit problems tho, this transfer, i mean.... He's hardly gonna get paid more anywhere else and certainly not at Bolton. I don't think he'd be a greedy bastard tho tbh, media bullshit because it's not Sunday yet.