Frank Lampard

DavidEU

As I always said, don't be quick to judge as you can't know what is happening behind the scenes. I love Lamps and I really liked AVB and really wanted him to stay. It didn't happen, but it was Andre who was supposed to win over the dressing room, not get in trouble with them. Some things he said in the press were supposed to stay in the club.

You come in as someone who was a scout here before, never played professional football, is 33 years old with 2 managerial years and drop one of the best midfielders in the 21st century, one of our key players because of your so called long term plans? Tough position to gain respect and support and AVB didn't help himself either.

The thing that started it all I believe was the Arsenal match. Lost to those twats 3-5 on Stamford Bridge due to tactics. Who chooses tactics? AVB so his mistake. Didn't go well with players...

Whenever he gave a chance to Lamps he did alright, assists and goals even when he was not playing well. Scored a few vitals goals also. So obviously when results aren't going our way and he is on the bench he won't be happy. Especially if he loves Chelsea to bits and has done so much for the club. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to see him benched rested. It benefited his game.

Imagine if we missed the top4. Financial trouble for fair play rules, media wanking all over us and all our transfer targets like Hazard would only remain a dream.

I will be honest here, Andre has started to remind me a lot of Wenger. It started to scare me a bit. Always a ref's fault, media against you, there is always an excuse, we were better then opposition but lost anyway, laughable defense...it started to annoy me. Imagine the players...

I'm sad he left and that it didn't work out, but perhaps the board didn't have any choice. Try to look at it from a different angle.

That is the past now though, I support Chelsea, not a portuguese fella who was sacked by the club. I wished him all the best and now I want to see Chelsea do 3 things and that is to win, win and win. The club made a decision, I'm sad it happened but it happened anyway...

Don't let the media turn you against one of the best players in our history that gave so much to this club, they are the media, they make extreme out of ordinary. Their anti Chelsea record doesn't help them also...

Keep the faith :cfc:

As I always said, don't be quick to judge as you can't know what is happening behind the scenes. I love Lamps and I really liked AVB and really wanted him to stay. It didn't happen, but it was Andre who was supposed to win over the dressing room, not get in trouble with them. Some things he said in the press were supposed to stay in the club.

You come in as someone who was a scout here before, never played professional football, is 33 years old with 2 managerial years and drop one of the best midfielders in the 21st century, one of our key players because of your so called long term plans? Tough position to gain respect and support and AVB didn't help himself either.

The thing that started it all I believe was the Arsenal match. Lost to those twats 3-5 on Stamford Bridge due to tactics. Who chooses tactics? AVB so his mistake. Didn't go well with players...

Whenever he gave a chance to Lamps he did alright, assists and goals even when he was not playing well. Scored a few vitals goals also. So obviously when results aren't going our way and he is on the bench he won't be happy. Especially if he loves Chelsea to bits and has done so much for the club. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to see him benched rested. It benefited his game.

Imagine if we missed the top4. Financial trouble for fair play rules, media wanking all over us and all our transfer targets like Hazard would only remain a dream.

I will be honest here, Andre has started to remind me a lot of Wenger. It started to scare me a bit. Always a ref's fault, media against you, there is always an excuse, we were better then opposition but lost anyway, laughable defense...it started to annoy me. Imagine the players...

I'm sad he left and that it didn't work out, but perhaps the board didn't have any choice. Try to look at it from a different angle.

That is the past now though, I support Chelsea, not a portuguese fella who was sacked by the club. I wished him all the best and now I want to see Chelsea do 3 things and that is to win, win and win. The club made a decision, I'm sad it happened but it happened anyway...

Don't let the media turn you against one of the best players in our history that gave so much to this club, they are the media, they make extreme out of ordinary. Their anti Chelsea record doesn't help them also...

Keep the faith :cfc:

That shouldn't be a reason for a player to complain about the manager in public, but I agree with everything else in your post.

I was also upset when things didn't work out for AVB, because of his commitment, but I'm struggling to collect more arguments in his favor.

Like Alex Ferguson said about his sacking, : "Its sad, but in this day and age results are very important". Bottom-line is, for a club (or should I say company) like Chelsea its unrealistic to have someone given time like Ferguson was given.

That shouldn't be a reason for a player to complain about the manager in public, but I agree with everything else in your post.

I was also upset when things didn't work out for AVB, because of his commitment, but I'm struggling to collect more arguments in his favor.

Like Alex Ferguson said about his sacking, : "Its sad, but in this day and age results are very important". Bottom-line is, for a club (or should I say company) like Chelsea its unrealistic to have someone given time like Ferguson was given.

It shouldn't, but put yourself it a place of our players. Results are going our way - everything is fine and dandy, easy peasy goddamn squazy! They won't care even if a tree was our manager if we managed to win win and win. Then something like Arsenal happens and suddenly what you highlighted becomes a problem with players. They will think that probably because of something like that he made a mistake.His support lowers a bit and the idea of Andre not being something special (which Jose kept) enters the players minds. As results oscilate, that grows and in the end erupts.

"What's this clown doing?"

"Bad Jose copy..."

are just some of the thoughts that have probably appeared in their minds...

How is he allowed to say some of the stuff in there is just beyond me. He is talking about a man who was his manager 10 days ago. This is why Chelsea is always in the front pages, because the culb's policy in handling the press is shit.

It shouldn't, but put yourself it a place of our players. Results are going our way - everything is fine and dandy, easy peasy goddamn squazy! They won't care even if a tree was our manager if we managed to win win and win. Then something like Arsenal happens and suddenly what you highlighted becomes a problem with players. They will think that probably because of something like that he made a mistake.His support lowers a bit and the idea of Andre not being something special (which Jose kept) enters the players minds. As results oscilate, that grows and in the end erupts.

"What's this clown doing?"

"Bad Jose copy..."

are just some of the thoughts that have probably appeared in their minds...

Understand what you're saying and yes I understand if players feel that way, but still, its part of being a professional not to question the boss.

Also, do you think he was right to say stuff in public?

If anyone has a right to be upset with AVB, its Roman. If he feels AVB is not doing good, he will sack him.

All things said, something that happened over the past few months WILL NOT change my impression of Lampard: A very good player, and a very useful asset to this club. Simple as that.

How is he allowed to say some of the stuff in there is just beyond me. He is talking about a man who was his manager 10 days ago. This is why Chelsea is always in the front pages, because the culb's policy in handling the press is shit.

Lol, true..true.

Now they got it in Sky:

Lampard: AVB focus on future

"His plan was long-term. But somewhere in the middle of that, the present didn't go so well - and that's where the problems came."

http://www1.skysport.../11095/7605975/

Didn't I said in the past that AVB was all like at the beginning, "we got an awesome squad and can challenge for 4 tittles".

Half way through the season, I fucked up please give me more time as I "can build a great project next year". :lol:

Now they got it in Sky:

Lampard: AVB focus on future

http://www1.skysport.../11095/7605975/

Didn't I said in the past that AVB was all like at the beginning, "we got an awesome squad and can challenge for 4 tittles".

Half way through the season, I fucked up please give me more time as I "can build a great project next year". :lol:

Great, that means the next manager knows he will have to overhaul the squad. It shows that a slow transitional period is impossible.

It makes me sick when fans judge other fans for 'turning on' Lampard. I know he's a legend and all that, but it's plain to see his attitude was pathetic and a factor in André's dismissal. Look at it without blue-tinted eyes please.

It makes me sick when fans judge other fans for 'turning on' Lampard. I know he's a legend and all that, but it's plain to see his attitude was pathetic and a factor in André's dismissal. Look at it without blue-tinted eyes please.

Why does it bother me that I think this post is directed towards me?

I wasn't judging other fans, I was merely recalling what I remember. Every fan had their opinions during André's dismissal and some were very knee jerk and emotional. I think if people stopped and thought they wouldn't have said those things about Lampard.

Sure he deserved criticism for what he did, but he didn't deserve to vilified by so many Chelsea fans.

Why does it bother me that I think this post is directed towards me?

I wasn't judging other fans, I was merely recalling what I remember. Every fan had their opinions during André's dismissal and some were very knee jerk and emotional. I think if people stopped and thought they wouldn't have said those things about Lampard, as most fans who said negative things about Lamps during that time love him again (from what I've experience anyway).

Sure he deserved criticism for what he did, but he didn't deserve to vilified by so many Chelsea fans.

It wasn't bro, I was speaking generally :)

Everyone does have a soft spot for Lampard, even us who feel he's been disrespectful (trying to keep my words tight here) through this entire season. But it's plain to see his attitude was dire, his interview is insightful and pretty much speaks what we've all been thinking. Now we're to winning ways people are quick to forget about his antics, but damage is done. It cannot be undone.

I'm still grateful for his 500+ appearances, numerous goals & assists and general contributions in the last many seasons he's been here. But the stuff he's done this season? That deserves the Roy Keane treatment. Out the club.

It wasn't bro, I was speaking generally :)

Everyone does have a soft spot for Lampard, even us who feel he's been disrespectful (trying to keep my words tight here) through this entire season. But it's plain to see his attitude was dire, his interview is insightful and pretty much speaks what we've all been thinking. Now we're to winning ways people are quick to forget about his antics, but damage is done. It cannot be undone.

I'm still grateful for his 500+ appearances, numerous goals & assists and general contributions in the last many seasons he's been here. But the stuff he's done this season? That deserves the Roy Keane treatment. Out the club.

Lamps shouldn't take all the blame. If AVB had handled the situation with more finesse perhaps Lamps would have been happy to take a backseat role.

Lamps shouldn't take all the blame. If AVB had handled the situation with more finesse perhaps Lamps would have been happy to take a backseat role.

I agree,AVB tried too hard to become a feared manager.Its evident that there wasn't much effective communication and the fact that he concentrated more on the future than the present was quite a gamble.I am not saying he did a bad job at Chelsea but he could have handled the situation much better.AVB deserved to be given more time but this is Chelsea Football Club and he should have known better.

You're right. He shouldn't take all the blame, André is culpable for some things.. But it is he who should have another chance. Not this 33-year old who's made his feelings and hostility clear in hampering the plan Villas-Boas had.