Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Agreement with Zenit Saint Petersburg for the transfer of Malcom

The Russian team will pay FC Barcelona 40 million euros plus 5 million euros in variables

FC Barcelona and Zenit Saint Petersburg have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira. The Russian team will pay FC Barcelona 40 million euros plus 5 million euros in variables.

FC Barcelona retains an interest in case of a future sale of the Brazilian.

FC Barcelona expressly thanks Malcom for his commitment and dedication, and wishes him success in the future.

snip

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

best back 4?

you are forgetting their LB's and the other CB's are hardly world-beaters

Smalling, Jones, Rojo, and Bailey aren't starting caliber CB's for a top team but as depth that's pretty damn good. Left back is thin so they  will need the injury prone Shaw to stay fit, though. 

Will be interesting to see what sort of XI they'll go with if they pull off the Dybala and Fernandes signings. Having a midfield 2 consisting of Pogba and Fernandes will be fantastic going forward but very suspect defensively. And replacing a classic #9 with Dybala who doesn't really have a set position seems super risky. Not at all convinced he'd be this superstar signing for them. Has Di Maria written all over him. A South American player who reluctantly joins United when he would've clearly preffered to stay at his previous club.

But this potential XI:

----------Martial---------Dybala-----------Rashford

-------------------Fernandes-----Pogba------------------

Shaw----------Maguire-----------Lindelof------------AWB

---------------------------DDG----------------------------

Looks pretty damn strong. Certainly MUCH better than what they've had in recent years.

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He doesn’t want to go there and Juve are trying to find suitors as they don’t want him. 

Fuck this ban 

Fuck this ban man, we are being left behind for real this time, we have 3 other teams fighting it out with us and they all imroved on paper.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

FFS. I hope the board in 2020 starts splashing £150 million minimum, otherwise we are going to be far behind.

150 wont do it considering what we need and cant spend i 2 Windows, 150 is way too little. We have our own war chest plus all the players we have sold and will sell come next summer. We have to spend big to level up. Not to mention the massive dead wood we have in many positions. If by next summer we are still rocking with Luiz Zappa Drinky Baka Willy etc then we indeed have become the new Ars.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

LOL and then they go ahead anyway and pay 85-90M for this Maguire......shit show man. If we ever gave such sums for such a player I would go bunkers. Give me Deligt and Kouli anyday. Shit as someone said we got Rudi for under half that. Football has become way way fucked up. These prices will at some point explode and a remedy will come forth. No Club can and will be allowed to sustain this market longterm.....its out of hand now. Nevermind the wages some Club offer, 350k for Ozil, 500k for Sanchez, 600k for Bale and on and on it goes.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Fuck this ban man, we are being left behind for real this time, we have 3 other teams fighting it out with us and they all imroved on paper.

150 wont do it considering what we need and cant spend i 2 Windows, 150 is way too little. We have our own war chest plus all the players we have sold and will sell come next summer. We have to spend big to level up. Not to mention the massive dead wood we have in many positions. If by next summer we are still rocking with Luiz Zappa Drinky Baka Willy etc then we indeed have become the new Ars.

Yes, we all would like to sign new players but christ, all this panicking before the season has even started is just so...typical. EVERY. FUCKING. SINGLE. SEASON.

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He doesn’t want to go there and Juve are trying to find suitors as they don’t want him. 

Fuck this ban 

CAM's the one position i'm not too fussed about, i feel Ruben and Mount deserve the opportunity to make the spot their own in the coming years. The only player i'm really bothered about and see as a missed chance is Pepe, the rest of the big transfers would have either never choose us over the clubs they went to (De Jong, Rodri, Greiamann, Jovic) or have blocked our talent long term (Dybala, AWB, De Ligt). 

31 minutes ago, Tomo said:

CAM's the one position i'm not too fussed about, i feel Ruben and Mount deserve the opportunity to make the spot their own in the coming years. The only player i'm really bothered about and see as a missed chance is Pepe, the rest of the big transfers would have either never choose us over the clubs they went to (De Jong, Rodri, Greiamann, Jovic) or have blocked our talent long term (Dybala, AWB, De Ligt). 

de Ligt would have blocked who?  lolol Luiz? Zouma? Tomori???? roflmaooooooooooooo

None of those 3 are good enough, Rudiger is, and maybe AC, but AC is more like a 3rd CB, we need to buy 2 CB's next summer, no doubt about it

de Ligt would have never come here, but you cannot say he would have blocked anyone of import, AND he is only 19

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

de Ligt would have blocked who?  lolol Luiz? Zouma? Tomori???? roflmaooooooooooooo

None of those 3 are good enough, Rudiger is, and maybe AC, but AC is more like a 3rd CB, we need to buy 2 CB's next summer, no doubt about it

de Ligt would have never come here, but you cannot say he would have blocked anyone of import, AND he is only 19

I'm thinking/hoping AC's form at the end of last season is a trajectory back to what we saw at the start under Conte (he was incredible in my opinion, made it look so easy) while i'm hoping the club see Ethan as a long term CB (for me he has elite potential in CB but will amount to nothing more than good in midfield). So with that in mind i'd prefer a prime CB.

Pep Guardiola hits back at Jurgen Klopp's 'fantasy land' spending jibes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/02/pep-guardiola-hits-back-jurgen-klopps-fantasy-land-spending/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

Pep Guardiola has hit back at Jurgen Klopp’s jibes over Manchester City’s “fantasy land” spending.  Guardiola has spent in excess of half a billion pounds en route to winning back-to-back Premier League titles and turning City into the country’s dominant side following last season’s domestic treble.

But, on the eve of Sunday’s Community Shield clash against Liverpool at Wembley, the City manager has reacted angrily to Klopp’s claims that City, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris St-Germain operate in “this fantasia land where you just get whatever you want” that his side cannot compete with.

“Does it bother me? Of course it bothers me because it’s not true that we spent £200 million every window,” Guardiola said. “That is not true.

“So it’s Liverpool - you’ll never walk alone - it’s not a small team, it’s Liverpool. So of course I don't like it [Klopp’s comments] because it's not true.”

City broke their club record to sign Spain midfielder Rodri from Atletico Madrid for £62.8m this summer and have also paid the £5.35m buyback clause to re-sign left back Angelino from PSV Eindhoven.

The champions’ record outlay is a fraction of some of the sums lavished by Real, Barcelona and PSG and Liverpool’s two most expensive purchases - £75m defender Virgil van Dijk and £66m goalkeeper Alisson - are more costly recruits than City’s record buy.

snip

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yes, we all would like to sign new players but christ, all this panicking before the season has even started is just so...typical. EVERY. FUCKING. SINGLE. SEASON.

Im not panicking, just obvious holes we have to take care of with quality additions. We cant but anyone atm so there aint much we can do. But next summer we need to Invest good. And the other teams have def improved on paper, but we too will be good imo, im sure we will be well up for a fight.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pep Guardiola hits back at Jurgen Klopp's 'fantasy land' spending jibes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/02/pep-guardiola-hits-back-jurgen-klopps-fantasy-land-spending/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

Pep Guardiola has hit back at Jurgen Klopp’s jibes over Manchester City’s “fantasy land” spending.  Guardiola has spent in excess of half a billion pounds en route to winning back-to-back Premier League titles and turning City into the country’s dominant side following last season’s domestic treble.

But, on the eve of Sunday’s Community Shield clash against Liverpool at Wembley, the City manager has reacted angrily to Klopp’s claims that City, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris St-Germain operate in “this fantasia land where you just get whatever you want” that his side cannot compete with.

“Does it bother me? Of course it bothers me because it’s not true that we spent £200 million every window,” Guardiola said. “That is not true.

“So it’s Liverpool - you’ll never walk alone - it’s not a small team, it’s Liverpool. So of course I don't like it [Klopp’s comments] because it's not true.”

City broke their club record to sign Spain midfielder Rodri from Atletico Madrid for £62.8m this summer and have also paid the £5.35m buyback clause to re-sign left back Angelino from PSV Eindhoven.

The champions’ record outlay is a fraction of some of the sums lavished by Real, Barcelona and PSG and Liverpool’s two most expensive purchases - £75m defender Virgil van Dijk and £66m goalkeeper Alisson - are more costly recruits than City’s record buy.

snip

Pep has no ground at all to talk, the only reason they are not getting more players is cuz they are under the tosh with UEFA, have spent immense under Pep and are stacked. Pep should just keep quiet.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Pepe signing will kinda halt Cho development. You kinda have to play pepe when you sign him for 70 m pound. 

In reality, if we don't need any signing except maybe a wc lb otherwise we are set. 

RB - Reece james

CB - we have 4 cb unless you consider Andreas, zouma and Ruddiger not good enough

LB - upgrade maybe but who

CM - we are loaded. Maybe without the ban, ndombele next to Kante can be interesting. 

Winger - Puli, CHO

Striker - Tammy

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am not fussed about de light or de Jong. They won't come here. 

Pepe a bit but we have CHO and Puli. 

Just now, Tomo said:

I'm thinking/hoping AC's form at the end of last season is a trajectory back to what we saw at the start under Conte (he was incredible in my opinion, made it look so easy) while i'm hoping the club see Ethan as a long term CB (for me he has elite potential in CB but will amount to nothing more than good in midfield).

de Ligt s already a top 5 or so CB in the world, and will end up being the best someday down the road, more than likely

that level of talent doesn't block anything

it helps to make a team world class

I like AC, but he isn't even in the same postal code as de Ligt

Ampadu is so young (7 and half years younger than Rudiger) that by the time he is AC's age for this season (23 - 24), Rudiger will be 31, 32 and done as top player

I have doubts, real doubts that Tomori is going to be a top Chels player, he turns 22yo in 4 months and is nowhere near EPL starting level yet, this potential Everton loan is close to a make or break for his future here, and their supporters are not happy at all, they do not want him, they want Zouma, as does the ownership

Luiz is close to dregs, Zouma would (or at least SHOULD) be gone if not for the bans

I will go so far as to make this definitive statement:

Whilst I understand we are fucked this year in terms of the bans (and I made peace with it long ago, far before most here even believed me when I said the bans were a done deal and we would not even appeal, and/or would fail in an appeal) there is NO WAY we can hope to compete for the league and the CL without a big upgrade overall in our CB's, especially if AC has (dog forbid) a regression this year.

You can add in RB too IF Reece James doesnt not come good, which I expect him to do. Emerson appears to be back up to superb Roma form, but again, dog forbid if we gets hurt or somehow regresses.

Our clear weaknesses are so easy to list

CB for sure, we are shambolic there atm, especially with Rudiger out

Potentially fullback (Reece is injured and Azpi looked horrific last game)

and CF (I am not sold on any of the 3, hope 1 and maybe 2 come good)

those all need to be sorted out (plus winger, especially if CHO  doesn't recover well from his Achilles rupture) next summer

MF and GK are fine atm

22 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Pep has no ground at all to talk, the only reason they are not getting more players is cuz they are under the tosh with UEFA, have spent immense under Pep and are stacked. Pep should just keep quiet.

Klopp was the one who started it, and Shitty is more quantity buys than truly huge Barca, Real, PSG insanity. Rodri at only £63m is their alltime record.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

But this potential XI:

----------Martial---------Dybala-----------Rashford

-------------------Fernandes-----Pogba------------------

Shaw----------Maguire-----------Lindelof------------AWB

---------------------------DDG----------------------------

Looks pretty damn strong. Certainly MUCH better than what they've had in recent years.

Looks good. Imagine if they actually play with 11 players 😂