Messi: not just great, but the best?

Carefree Tom

Guest justin_3d

The best of this era yes!

And please stop bringing up the excuse of nationals, cause that's not worth mentioning anymore. 20 years ago and into the past was when Nationals where the best.

Now there is no point in playing them. We only play them just to represent our country and be happy for our country.

But as far as a spectacle for this sport, it's a joke!

The CL has now become the most important tournament of this sport. And in that event, Barcelona Messi has been one of the best i ever seen play.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is truly amazing, but I can't compare him to Pele and Maradona since I never watched them play and that football was a bit different then. If he continues playing like for around 5-6 years which I think he will, then he will definitely be the best ever.

Ronaldo is amazing player too, but what he misses for me is to make the difference in big matches. Sure he does that, but not as often as Messi. CR is a more complete player, but he loses the ball often and wastes some chances, while Messi will either make a very dangerous run, shoot very accurately from a distance or send a wonderful pass to a teammate.

^ Unlike a few years back, nowadays we can't compare the false Ronaldo and Messi... Since Messi is a class above of Ronalda [sic].

Agreed.

But that's no disrespect to Ronaldo either. Because he is truly world-class. He & Messi are in their own league, where of course Messi comes out on top.

^ Unlike a few years back, nowadays we can't compare the false Ronaldo and Messi... Since Messi is a class above of Ronalda [sic].

See now i cant agree with you.. statistically ronaldo is better than messi if you compare the last season... so in a sense id take ronaldo over messi.. bcs stats matter not gut feeling.. :) but definately they 2 are way above anyone else

See now i cant agree with you.. statistically ronaldo is better than messi if you compare the last season... so in a sense id take ronaldo over messi.. bcs stats matter not gut feeling.. :) but definately they 2 are way above anyone else

Last season :

Ronaldo : has played 54 games, has scored 53 goals and made 14+* assists. * I didn't find how many assist he made in El Copa Del Rey.

Messi : has played 53 games, has scored 50 goals and made 24 assists.

Even based on stats Fake Ronaldo isn't better than Messi.

messi is the best of his generation.

what i dont understand is how everyone talks about ronaldo, ronaldinho, pele, maradona, messi, scholes, and other all time greats without putting zinedine zidane in to the conversation. i saw one person in the thread put him in to the talk but to me he is the greatest ever.

give respect to this guy

zinedine+zidane+1.jpg

I know i might sound crazy here but i would of like to of seen what Arjen Robben would of been like if he did not break his foot against blackburn. That boy was electric but that injury took 40% out of him in my opinion. I think Messi is an incredible player and probably the best today but Zidane was a player then what Messi is today. Zidane Romped Euro 2000 like it was his tournament and he completely took Champions league season 2001-2002 ! Zidane is not put up with Maradonna and Pele because he was a late bloomer but he was better then Messi no doubt !

The best as in the most talented footballer of the most effective? If it's the former I can think of a few players over the past 15 years who could challenge him, if it's the latter he's got quite a shout to be thy bestest evar. Nevertheless at 23 he's already earned a spot in the top 10 or even top 5.

Club and and NT achievements mean fuck all to me in such debates, can't believe people still confuse how good a player is with what he has won. Ronaldo never won the Champions League. End of discussion.

On another note, I admit being biased but I just can't get over the human hormones thing.