Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He scored 4 goals in 4 pre season friendlies.. Don't wanna make a fuss but don't talk bs please.

He wasn't in USA....

I didn't watch the asian friendlies, however, the ones in the United States, he was far from impressive...

He wasn't in USA....

I didn't watch the asian friendlies, however, the ones in the United States, he was far from impressive...

Erm, if you're talking about the 2 City games, he didn't feature in either of them afaik '-.-

Erm, if you're talking about the 2 City games, he didn't feature in either of them afaik '-.-

I was referring to all the games in the United States....

Even the Roma game, where he scored a poacher goal... (hazard +BA were the key)

]Are you trying to prove he had a bad pre season by scoring? ^^ I'm done trying tbh, I just hope he's here next year.

They made a video on Lukaku against Madrid.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VlXJvDugCY#t=48

They concluded that even though Torres is a scrub, he works better under Chelsea setup.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/8/10/4608176/a-visual-comparison-of-romelu-lukaku-and-fernando-torres-vs-real/in/4359637

Anyways, Lukaku could flourished and be one of the best statistically in the future, however, I don't think under Chelsea setup and with Mourinho he will. (Is my main point)

Whats your point anyway? Just trying to counter my opinions or what...Lukaku never got proper chance here yet and you can make another 100 claps while responding to my comments, thats fact.

No, the facts are that he was involved in the matchday squads of EVERY game he was available for. He was used in three of the four matches.

In what way is that not giving someone a proper chance?

No, the facts are that he was involved in the matchday squads of EVERY game he was available for. He was used in three of the four matches.

In what way is that not giving someone a proper chance?

I would second your view if we were talking about an older player, it's just that 20 years is too young to be a 70th-80th minute substitute in every game.

The board and lukaku himself made a good decision in the longer run i'd say.

About the interviews, why is there never a video footage one of him giving these quotes?

Jesus Christ! Are some people having a fucking laugh. Lukaku scored goals in pre-season and yes I was watching the match against Real. He was poor but some people concluded from that Torres suits the system better than Lukaku. What a load of BS! But to say he was not impressive in friendlies is just ludicrous. Most fans expected him to be starting in the opening game against Hull. Jason Cundy and many other Chelsea pundits thought he earned his place and while I agree with TOPTB point that he could have worked hard to earn his place and that he should not be handed starts just when he expects it, it is not as if Torres or Ba earned that right as well.

Just for the record for the clip showed of Lukaku's goal against Roma, yeah Hazard and Ba were the key but Lukaku scored the winner. End of. That point is irrelevant and whoever concluded that Torres is a better fit than Lukaku in Mourinho's system or whatever bloody system we use needs to see a therapist because that is just rubbish. Can't believe some of the comments I am reading on here tbh.

Jesus Christ! Are some people having a fucking laugh. Lukaku scored goals in pre-season and yes I was watching the match against Real. He was poor but some people concluded from that Torres suits the system better than Lukaku. What a load of BS! But to say he was not impressive in friendlies is just ludicrous. Most fans expected him to be starting in the opening game against Hull. Jason Cundy and many other Chelsea pundits thought he earned his place and while I agree with TOPTB point that he could have worked hard to earn his place and that he should not be handed starts just when he expects it, it is not as if Torres or Ba earned that right as well.

Just for the record for the clip showed of Lukaku's goal against Roma, yeah Hazard and Ba were the key but Lukaku scored the winner. End of. That point is irrelevant and whoever concluded that Torres is a better fit than Lukaku in Mourinho's system or whatever bloody system we use needs to see a therapist because that is just rubbish. Can't believe some of the comments I am reading on here tbh.

I was at RFK watching the friendly against Roma and Lukaku was a handful. No, he's not a technically gifted player, but he's got so much pace and power that it makes up for it.

Luiz, Hazard, and Lukaku really impressed me then.

I think people are forgetting that Lukaku "wasted" one season at Chelsea barely playing when he was 18. He needed to be loaned this past season not played as 3rd option striker. The striker issue was one that needed to be fixed by Chelsea by not relying on a 20 year old to be the savior.

He still needs seasoning but at least now I think either a 2nd striker positionon top champions league or lead position at Europa League level is where he needs to be. As for what he "deserves" it's nothing, but consider that he's scored more goals in the PL (31) than Torres in far fewer games. He's got a better scoring rate than Ba by far.

Lukaku has his deficiencies and I do wonder if he'll never been more than adequate as a target man and if he'll get better than average/decent with his back to goal.

Maybe he doesn't fit in with Chelsea's current system, but to suggest he's had a fair shot is somewhat laughable as we haven't seen him in a Chelsea kit outside of a few brief late minute sub appearances or a few games back in 2011-2012.

IMO selling him is a massive mistake unless you can bring in someone as good or better to be the second striker and frankly I don't see anyone that fits that description.

One would think we would have learned from the Sturridge debacle that goal scoring strikers don't grow on trees and aren't easily found.

While he does have some questions about aspects of his play the one aspect that he has as an innate talent is the ability to score goals which isn't something you can learn, you can improve upon your innate ability but your innate ability has an upper and lower limit and for Lukaku his ability to score goals appears to have an extremely high upper limit. As for how he goes about doing that it not going to be the most efficient or precise manner, but sometimes you have to score sweaty goals to win. However to be a bit more fair he does score his fair share of crackers see 1st goal v. Sweden or 3rd goal v. Luxembourg so it's not like he's bereft of technical skill.

Oh my god, that's so much time! A decent striker would've scored a hat-trick in 15-25 minutes. We should get rid of Lukaku, he's such a rip-off!

He did fail against Bayern.

What do you expect a young player new to the team to get? A gradual introduction is perfectly acceptable isn't it?

It's more time than Azpi got, an established player who bided his time and ended up as one of our players of the season. Lukaku could've taken that approach but instead decided to leave, and now we've signed one new striker and might be after another.

I think people are forgetting that Lukaku "wasted" one season at Chelsea barely playing when he was 18. He needed to be loaned this past season not played as 3rd option striker. The striker issue was one that needed to be fixed by Chelsea by not relying on a 20 year old to be the savior.

He probably wouldn't have stayed as the third option though. If he was good enough he would have earned more minutes but he never backed himself to do that which is very worrying. Jose doesn't like players who don't back themselves so he might have just made himself expendable.

He probably wouldn't have stayed as the third option though. If he was good enough he would have earned more minutes but he never backed himself to do that which is very worrying. Jose doesn't like players who don't back themselves so he might have just made himself expendable.

see, its literally like u r holding a grudge against him. i just hope our manager is not for the sake of the club.

again, even if lukaku had asked for a transfer, our managr decided to keep him, probably setting him a challenge of leading the everton team and he successfully did that (i believe anyone asking for a transfer from jose will get a transfer and a mighty big, kick on the backside along with it).

even if lukaku had asked for the transfer, as of this moment he is still a chelsea player. a player who gave a statement that he loves the club and wants to stay there and 3 days later he said, there are some good strikers at chelsea, plus they are some coming thru so that would mean i am going out. and then he also said that the club knows where i stand.

the guy has a big mouth and that we can all agree. but why would he say he the first thing if he had already made up his mind to get a transfer.

lukaku cant be so naive to believe that he CURRENTLY can be a starter ahead of costa. he cant be naive enough to think that he SHOULD be getting that 1st striker role. IF he does, then good bye and no cribbing. but as of right now, there is nothing of that. yet, u have already made up your mind on this thing.

see, its literally like u r holding a grudge against him.

I'm judging him by his actions and comments, much as I would anybody in any field. What exactly is wrong with that?

again, even if lukaku had asked for a transfer,

He's already said it was his choice. I've linked to the article already.

he cant be naive enough to think that he SHOULD be getting that 1st striker role.

He apparently believed that last year.

Because how you could be on the bench after the year I had last year?

I'm judging him by his actions and comments, much as I would anybody in any field. What exactly is wrong with that?

He's already said it was his choice. I've linked to the article already.

He apparently believed that last year.

Because how you could be on the bench after the year I had last year?

he believed that last year cos he WAS without a doubt our best striker ahead of torres and ba. now we are talking with costa in our roster. 2 very different things. also, i hope he gets matured with age and knows his limits. easy for a 20 year old striker scoring 17 goals to think that he would be the alpha man at a club with a major striker issue.

he has said that he loves the club and would like to stay and play here for a long time. i dont see u quoting that. infact has he said, he wants out? i dont think so!!! its basically the media twisting his poorly chosen and said words into a big story.