Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

tumblr_m4bgffVrUq1r9zkf1o1_500.jpg

This picture doesn't agree with those quotes, I smell bullshit. Of course he isn't happy with his contribution last season but who would be? Probably the media twisting his words.

pics? are you fucking serious? you believe more in pics than is his own words? you still have a lot to lear, dude.

pics? are you fucking serious? you believe more in pics than is his own words? you still have a lot to lear, dude.

Pictures say more than a thousand words. And these quotes are written by journalist. So it's unclear if they're 100% correct.

Everton haven't got a long list of strikers....

They have Jelavic who has excellent and they like Anichebe as a sub. Not saying Lukaku couldn't get playing time there or on another decent side, it's just more difficult. The worse the side, the more game time he's going to get. I'd rather him play 25 games at Reading than 15, half as a sub, at Everton.

*sigh*

I will not try to convince you all about the person of Romelu once more. Clearly Henrique & Fernando are haters... You have the right to do so... but please don't tell nonsense. If you guys are honest... you actually now almost nothing about him! So don't give us these tabloid nonsense mixed with your own version to brake him down.

I've seen him play for years... even talked with him a few times at the players room in Anderlecht after the games. This guy is an amazing humble, straight forward and extremely nice person. His emotions are real... and he's one of the few football players these days that still know what Club Love is!

He did not tell a single thing to English press during the year... He came from Anderlecht where he was the main man at age 16(!!!), the leagues topscorer and had a huge part in winning the championship trophy & the cup. Imagine you get a transfer (for 12 million!!) to the club of your dreams and then in the end are asked to play at cobham every weekend with only some first team players chilling as a crowd! Furthermore he did not play ALL reserve games.. but only a few. That means that all he did was train, train, train... But he did not complain did he?

His subs where to laugh about really.... no play time against smaller clubs but against United, Everton, Arsenal & Liverpool.... AVB dropped him on the pitch. I mean what was this guy thinking ... especially since he got put on the Right Wing???!!! That is like putting Torres as a DM! The rest of his subs were like 2/4 minutes...

It's not like he claimed he needed gametime. He knew that with Drogba, Anelka & Torres as strikers... things would be difficult for him to play. But with Anelka off to China... Drogba & Kalou to the ACN... and Torres in a dramatic form... Lukaku was fully right to expect to get some gametime!!

And you know what he got? He even didn't had a spot on the bench anymore... I mean... Do you guys have any idea what this kid can do? He's a massive attacker. Give him 4 starts in a row and you will see what he can do and will win the hearts of every fan out there.

If we Belgians say he's one of greatest talents we have now... I think 10 years ago that opinion would've been unimportant! But look at our current generation of football players... Pure gems... and Henrique I'm thinking you might wanna fear those guys for 'stealing' the World Cup away from your compatriotes in Brazil '14!!!

One more thing... Lukaku's debut. Mata scored in this match (also his debut) but actually could(should?) easily have given the assist to Lukaku who was wide open in front of goal. How different this season would have looked liked if Mata had given him this debut's goal. It's in small things in life!!

1- Mata should have give the ball to Lukaku? He just score the goal, and was our player of the season.

2- I've been a Chelsea fan for almost 10 years, and you come here to say I'm a hater when all you (and the other belgian fella) can do in this forum is talk about Lukaku. I dont care if you saw him playing for x years, because he was playing in another level. I just saw him at Chelsea, and the fact is: he played really bad in the few minutes he was on the pitch, and he failed to impress both AVB and RDM, and its NOT only me and Fernando, just look at english press and Lukaku will be in some of "worst signings of the season" list.

3- We all saw Fernando Torres playing in Liverpool, or Shevchenko playin in Milan, and everyone saw what happened when they were playing here, so it doesnt matter what a player did in another club, so stop trying to explain why Lukaku is the next hot thing in football, because we all know the hype around him. If you are so sure he will become a superb player, just wait a see, I will be really happy to be wrong about him at the end of the day and I can tell you I will become a big fan of the guy if he can help Chelsea to do good things in the future. Righ now, just accept critics made about him, and please, join a Lukaku fan club forum, because you support the guy, not Chelsea.

Of course you are free to see things differently but I see in that picture a man who is genuinely happy for the team's historical success, not some immature kid throwing his toys out of the pram and not even wanting to touch the trophy because he wasn't on the pitch winning it. And it's not like the pricks writing those articles for the media are never telling lies, is it? Of course they know how to ask the right questions and pull from the right strings if they want to make someone look like an asshole, nothing new here.

Stoke rather not. It's not because he's big and strong Stoke is the answer. He won't learn anything there. He needs to go somewhere where he can work on his touch, dribble and runs.

Well said, people need to stop with the loan to Stoke talk it makes no sense. We don't want him to play like Stoke-esque player, we want him to develop his touch, dribble, and runs not be the master of the hoof the ball tactic.

I was impressed by Lukaku today.

His touch is less subtle than that of a pedophiles, so that needs working on, but aside from that, great few minutes, or however long he was on the pitch for.

I really liked it when he ran into Hart ;) Best part of the game.

Back to seriousness - This boy needs playing time. I personally believe he should go on loan to Lille along with De Bruyne. Hopefully the management don't put him out to Vitesse. :doh:

He won't be sent to Vitesse because he won't be counted as a homegrown player if he was sent to a foreign league.

tbh Vitesse wouldn't really be the worst place he could be sent to they are possibly competing in the Europa league and Eredivisie is one of the most technical league in Europe. It could do him good to be sent to a league to work on his technical skills and where that side is valued.

*sigh*

I will not try to convince you all about the person of Romelu once more. Clearly Henrique & Fernando are haters... You have the right to do so... but please don't tell nonsense. If you guys are honest... you actually now almost nothing about him! So don't give us these tabloid nonsense mixed with your own version to brake him down.

I've seen him play for years... even talked with him a few times at the players room in Anderlecht after the games. This guy is an amazing humble, straight forward and extremely nice person. His emotions are real... and he's one of the few football players these days that still know what Club Love is!

He did not tell a single thing to English press during the year... He came from Anderlecht where he was the main man at age 16(!!!), the leagues topscorer and had a huge part in winning the championship trophy & the cup. Imagine you get a transfer (for 12 million!!) to the club of your dreams and then in the end are asked to play at cobham every weekend with only some first team players chilling as a crowd! Furthermore he did not play ALL reserve games.. but only a few. That means that all he did was train, train, train... But he did not complain did he?

His subs where to laugh about really.... no play time against smaller clubs but against United, Everton, Arsenal & Liverpool.... AVB dropped him on the pitch. I mean what was this guy thinking ... especially since he got put on the Right Wing???!!! That is like putting Torres as a DM! The rest of his subs were like 2/4 minutes...

It's not like he claimed he needed gametime. He knew that with Drogba, Anelka & Torres as strikers... things would be difficult for him to play. But with Anelka off to China... Drogba & Kalou to the ACN... and Torres in a dramatic form... Lukaku was fully right to expect to get some gametime!!

And you know what he got? He even didn't had a spot on the bench anymore... I mean... Do you guys have any idea what this kid can do? He's a massive attacker. Give him 4 starts in a row and you will see what he can do and will win the hearts of every fan out there.

If we Belgians say he's one of greatest talents we have now... I think 10 years ago that opinion would've been unimportant! But look at our current generation of football players... Pure gems... and Henrique I'm thinking you might wanna fear those guys for 'stealing' the World Cup away from your compatriotes in Brazil '14!!!

One more thing... Lukaku's debut. Mata scored in this match (also his debut) but actually could(should?) easily have given the assist to Lukaku who was wide open in front of goal. How different this season would have looked liked if Mata had given him this debut's goal. It's in small things in life!!

I want to know how you came to the conclusion that I am a hater?

Just cause I post the quote Lukaku said?

Wow.....

1- Mata should have give the ball to Lukaku? He just score the goal, and was our player of the season.

2- I've been a Chelsea fan for almost 10 years, and you come here to say I'm a hater when all you (and the other belgian fella) can do in this forum is talk about Lukaku. I dont care if you saw him playing for x years, because he was playing in another level. I just saw him at Chelsea, and the fact is: he played really bad in the few minutes he was on the pitch, and he failed to impress both AVB and RDM, and its NOT only me and Fernando, just look at english press and Lukaku will be in some of "worst signings of the season" list.

3- We all saw Fernando Torres playing in Liverpool, or Shevchenko playin in Milan, and everyone saw what happened when they were playing here, so it doesnt matter what a player did in another club, so stop trying to explain why Lukaku is the next hot thing in football, because we all know the hype around him. If you are so sure he will become a superb player, just wait a see, I will be really happy to be wrong about him at the end of the day and I can tell you I will become a big fan of the guy if he can help Chelsea to do good things in the future. Righ now, just accept critics made about him, and please, join a Lukaku fan club forum, because you support the guy, not Chelsea.

I don't feel like going into an endless discussion with you Henrique. As stated before... I said you have absolutely the right to have your own opinion. The only thing that I really don't like is that I feel your opinion is based on very little info.

I accept critics about him... no problem. I'm the first to admit he has to improve on different points of his game! But you know what this guy actually need? A fair chance. And that is the only thing that he didn't had so far! I think that Torres & Shevchenko had a little more minutes to prove themselves!

I don't say you are a chelsea hater... I say you are a Lukaku hater (bet then again... you have the right do so if you want. You can only expect a little more support for ALL Chelsea players if you are, like you say, a true Chelsea fan for more than 10 years).

The things you say about joining a lukaku forum and the fact that I don't support the club... *sigh* i'm not going to answer that... I've passed the age of 6 quite a time already. Just go and read some of my other posts if you only think I'm in the Lukaku thread.

To conclude... Let's cut the crap... Lukaku will go on a loan next season. I'm pretty sure he will impress everyone (even you ;))! And in two years we will laugh about the fact we had a discussion about him when he scores another important goal for the club!

There are a few good points in there. I badly want Romelu to succeed and I love his feelings towards the club but he has really, at this time, not shown anything of great promise. Till now, to me he is just a strong 19yo with good pace and below average technical skills. I would love that he proves me wrong.

And regarding the goal, Romelu would have done the same, every player is desperate to impress on his debut. I highly doubt it would have changed much if anything.

Stoke rather not. It's not because he's big and strong Stoke is the answer. He won't learn anything there. He needs to go somewhere where he can work on his touch, dribble and runs.

YES!, finally!, i've been saying this for months. Stoke don't play football, just because Lukaku is physical doesn't mean he is going to improve there. Lukaku would be best in a creative team, to be honest Norwich last season would've been great for him, he would've been grabbing lots of goals there. At Stoke he wont learn a thing, all he will get told to do us stand up the pitch and hold the ball up, they don't play football. Where Lukaku possess movement, and that has to be a focus for him for the other team, so he will get better at it. Since when do you get lots of through balls at Stoke?.

I don't feel like going into an endless discussion with you Henrique. As stated before... I said you have absolutely the right to have your own opinion. The only thing that I really don't like is that I feel your opinion is based on very little info.

I accept critics about him... no problem. I'm the first to admit he has to improve on different points of his game! But you know what this guy actually need? A fair chance. And that is the only thing that he didn't had so far! I think that Torres & Shevchenko had a little more minutes to prove themselves!

I don't say you are a chelsea hater... I say you are a Lukaku hater (bet then again... you have the right do so if you want. You can only expect a little more support for ALL Chelsea players if you are, like you say, a true Chelsea fan for more than 10 years).

The things you say about joining a lukaku forum and the fact that I don't support the club... *sigh* i'm not going to answer that... I've passed the age of 6 quite a time already. Just go and read some of my other posts if you only think I'm in the Lukaku thread.

To conclude... Let's cut the crap... Lukaku will go on a loan next season. I'm pretty sure he will impress everyone (even you ;))! And in two years we will laugh about the fact we had a discussion about him when he scores another important goal for the club!

Henrique is a great poster because he is realistic, but he's also far too harsh.

Lukaku clearly has potential, even today he came on and played really well, caused the team problems, Fellaini should of played him in later so he would've been one on one. Just because he hasn't played for Chelsea this season doesn't mean he's a terrible player you can't just go on that and that's where Henrique is being far too harsh for me. AVB never signed him, infact i don't even think AVB wanted him and it wouldn't surprise me as he's not the type of forward to play in AVB's football. So that's a reason why he never got played, and under Di Matteo... he played in games what he should've played in, it was far too risky to play him in games when we needed desperate points and in competitions, he should've started against Birmingham in Matteo's first game in charge of us, but still he wanted to make sure.

I must say Henrique you're being too harsh on him with your points, fair enough if you don't think he has potential that's your own opinion.

double post

1- i'm not supposed to support every Chelsea player, I'm supposed to support the players that can help the club, righ now Lukaku is not ready to play here, and even if he improves in the future I still think its a mistake to pay 18m for a player that needs to play in another team or needs 2 years to show what he is about. This is the kind of player you have in academy, not the kind of player you buy for that money.

2- yes, I barely see your posts in topics that are not related to Lukaku, and if I were you I would stay away from this topic, because you are very biased.